Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Is this "story" accurate?

Disney doesn't let you into THOP during thunderstorms. Been there, tried it, got ushered out the backdoor. It's a lightning/electronics/people mix they fear.
    This guy claims WDW won't let you into the Hall of Presidents during a storm? That sounds freaking ridiculous! It's a building-there is no risk inside during a storm.

Can someone confirm or deny this claim? I think it's ludicrous.

• Huh?

Re: Is this "story" accurate?

I can. I've been inside during a storm.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Hall of Presidents is a common retreat from storms...what a weird thing to say. LOL

If you can ride Test Track, BTMRR and a few others that are out in the open during a storm then Hall of Presidents is fine.

The key to any shutdown here in Florida is lightning, that tends to be the only thing that shuts attractions down.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Hall of Presidents is a common retreat from storms...what a weird thing to say. LOL

If you can ride Test Track, BTMRR and a few others that are out in the open during a storm then Hall of Presidents is fine.

The key to any shutdown here in Florida is lightning, that tends to be the only thing that shuts attractions down.
    I am not sure that in of on TT is correct Summer... Seems to me Test Track closes rather quickly once there is rain over the park. Lighting will definitely close many outdoorsy rides.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am not sure that in of on TT is correct Summer... Seems to me Test Track closes rather quickly once there is rain over the park. Lighting will definitely close many outdoorsy rides.
    I rode it when Dusty and them were down, its interesting to feel rain pelting against your face at 55mph. That's the only reason I mentioned it.

• Banned User

Then I guess they have changed their policy because when the ride had just opened, the day I went to EPCOT with my parents, a CM was telling people the ride was closed due to rain in the area of WDW.... No suffering here in my part. The ride is way overrated and not one of my favorite things at EPCOT Center anyways...

• Iron-Clad Allie

The idiot is just trying to rain on everybody's parade.

Nothing quite like thae warm and secure feeling that one gets while snuggling up to their presidents during a storm.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

they only close TT for lightning, not rain (i am unsure of high winds). I asked a cast member on my last trip (june 1-9th), and that was his response. There is some radius that if there is a lightning storm is within it, TT must shut down. I rode it in the rain that day.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Then I guess they have changed their policy because when the ride had just opened, the day I went to EPCOT with my parents, a CM was telling people the ride was closed due to rain in the area of WDW.... No suffering here in my part. The ride is way overrated and not one of my favorite things at EPCOT Center anyways...

Now now you know about those policies TDL, it changes depending one which CM is working what day. Don't you remember? LOL

• Huh?

I've yet to ride TT completely working, so I'm not surprised that TT had been closed down.

SIF: Had it started to rain while you were inside?
    -Tim

• Happy Memories

I don't think I've ever experienced a weather related shut down at WDW. Busch gardens on the other hand goes a bit overboard on the weather shut downs. My last trip there, half the day was wasted because of "approaching inclement weather". It was still bright and sunny out, but because of lightning that was spotted several miles away they would shut down. I'm certainly not against safety, and I would understand shutting down the big rollercoasters and such, but they shut down everything in the park. The freakin carousel was shut down. It was really quite frustrating.

• Original Mice-Chatter

...and on a related note-how many of the Presidents have speaking "parts" in the show? Been a couple years since I was there.

• Captain EO! :D

Believe it or not, IASW can shut down in a heavy rainstorm. I'm not talking about lightning or anything, just rain. I used to be a CM there, and saw it happen a couple times. Basically, people coming out the exit don't want to get wet, and just stop. So the people behind them can't get out. Eventually, if it's raining hard enough, the ramp will back up all the way down to the loading area. If people can't get off, the attraction has to close. It's crazy! CMs and managers will be standing out in the rain, BEGGING those standing in the front to move, but they just refuse. This was back when the Lion King show was still open, and I've seen shows be delayed simply because the previous audience wouldn't/ couldn't leave the theater. I guess some people don't care how many other people they are inconveniencing, and trapping, as long as THEY don't get wet.
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    ...and on a related note-how many of the Presidents have speaking "parts" in the show? Been a couple years since I was there.

Never mind- found it myself.

• Purple Crates ♥

I've been at TT when it had to 'close' for rain...there wasn't any lightning or thunder i saw, and they did a bunch of test runs before they let anyone back on it.

I guess it does just depend on who's on duty that day/night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast