Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I'm gonna watch dream lights, is it good?
    On video....NO. In person at TDL... breathtaking!!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    It looked good too! The cheshire cats stripes moved to the music and everything.. great version of a great show!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Like everything they do at TDL! You should see their "Cinderellabration"! Maybe it's time for some of you to tell WDW management how outdated their entertainment and parades really are...

• Minion

All I can say is...at least it's not the "Share a Dream Come True Parade"...that is worse than the Anytown 4th of July Parade in towns across America!

• Banned User

Well... That ^^^^ Sums it up quite well about the current state of affairs at WDW, and you didn't hear it from me.

I love Spectro and hope it stays in one form or another for years to come. And this is from a former MSEP at DL cast member. The only thing I can't stand is that the Genie's voice sounds like an old drag queen. Too bad they couldn't pay Robin Williams properly to voice the spot.

• Brown Derby Caricatures

SpectroMagic features one of the worst examples of lack of planning I've ever seen in a Disney project.

It involves the "Chernabog" ("Night on Bald Mountain") unit, which (as in Fantasia) looks like a mountain until it unfolds its "wings" to reveal the demon in all his evilness. UNLESS you happen to be unlucky enough to be watching the parade in Liberty Square... where the trees bordering the walkways don't leave enough clearance for the wings to unfold!! :confused:

Couldn't someone involved with the project have checked the clearances along the parade route and designed the unit appropriately? This has bugged me for years... and even the presence of a live "Ariel" doesn't entirely take my mind off of it.
    "Oh, now there's a surprise! I could have a heart attack and die from not surprised!"
    -Iago, Aladdin

No one ever addressed the Sebastian and Jiminy Cricket puppets. I read on another site that these were additions when the parade came back for its second run. Anyone remember anything about this?

Thanks.

• Pyro Guy

Quote Originally Posted by RZS
    No one ever addressed the Sebastian and Jiminy Cricket puppets. I read on another site that these were additions when the parade came back for its second run. Anyone remember anything about this?

Thanks.
    They have both been there since opening night Sept 30th 1991. The sebastian and Jiminy have been modified to be more mechanical requiring no puppeteers. This use to require two puppeteers for Sebastian and one for Jiminy. I believe this was changed in the late 90's before it went down for rehab.

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Spectromagic - New vs. Old?

I love Spectromagic. It is definately a lot better then the MSEP version that came to the MK (the voice narrating the begining and end was horrible). Unlike it's Main Street counterpart, the music does not get annoying after 2 minutes.

As for Genie's voice, Robin Williams hasn't been on great terms with Disney since Aladdin. The last project he did with Disney was 6 years ago (Bicentennial Man)

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Re: Spectromagic - New vs. Old?

^^^Both Spectro and MSEP are VERY tired. It would be nice to see a new nighttime parade like Tokyo has.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12