Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Has anyone here seen the Mickey Mouse Club ( or M.M.C.) during there time at the Disney MGM Studios? I saw them once during a backstage tour when they were filming a show in 1990.

  2. #2

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    They were filming during my first 2 years as a CM.

  3. #3

    • I Miss WDW
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)
    Posts
    353

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Nope never

  4. #4

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,771

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Nope.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    They were filming during my first 2 years as a CM.
    Did you meet them? Any stories to share?

  6. #6

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Jennifer McGill walked beside me during SpectroMagic talking to my lead one night. A girl I worked with dated JC Chasez. That's it, they were way too young for me to take much of an interest in. I was working in the MK at the time and they were mostly at the Studios.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Jennifer McGill walked beside me during SpectroMagic talking to my lead one night. A girl I worked with dated JC Chasez. That's it, they were way too young for me to take much of an interest in. I was working in the MK at the time and they were mostly at the Studios.
    Which one is Jennifer? lol I forgot. Cool JC. Does she still keep in touch with him?

  8. #8

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Jennifer had the bad perm when she was first on the show. She was really nice for the 45 minutes I sort-of spent with her. I was carrying a rope and it would have been extremely bad show to talk with her. As for JC, I remember them breaking up and I haven't spoken to the girl I worked with in years so I can't answer that question for you.

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Aww, I wish I had
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SoCal, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Aaah the MMC! The Mickey Mouse Club without Mickey. I remember it well (though it was called the Mickey Mouse Club in the first couple of years).

    A buddy of mine and I used to eat lunch on the set several times a week while they rehearsed.

    We could have cared less about the Mousekateers. It was the great air conditioning we were after!!!



    But they seemed like fairly nice kids for stage kids. Chatted with several of them many times. I have no idea if they were any of the ones that ended up mega-stars. One of the AD's gave me a pretty nice MMC shirt once. Probably still have it around here somewhere rotting away in some box with the tags still on it. That adult host guy with the big white hair always kinda gave me the creeps. But I'm sure he was actually a nice guy.

    Popular rumor of the time had it that the tram tour passed right by their production office windows at one point in the tour, and the kids would moon the tram. Another rumor had the hormone raging Mousekateens trolling for fresh meat from the tourist pool on occasion...hanging out at the tram stop looking to hook up with some débutante day-guest from Boise. But I don't know if any of that is true or not. Though it does sound like something kids like that would do.

    I'm closer to the 1955 version of the Mickey Mouse Club. That Club's Big Moosekateer Roy Williams always sorta gave me the creeps too. Until I finally met him as an adult. What a great and crazy guy he was! You just wouldn't believe it. Made Rolly Crump and Ward Kimball look like Boston Missionaries!

  11. #11

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    I did ... a few times ... and I remember nothing ... I guess that's how they struck me.

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Yes, I remember the kids wandering around the studios several times during filming breaks, and saw some of the program being shot during the walking tours in the backlot studio tour. That was fun. I vividly remember Justin, Britney, Dee Dee and others getting popsycles from one of the vending carts one day with a production assistant in tow...

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Aaah the MMC! The Mickey Mouse Club without Mickey. I remember it well (though it was called the Mickey Mouse Club in the first couple of years).

    A buddy of mine and I used to eat lunch on the set several times a week while they rehearsed.

    We could have cared less about the Mousekateers. It was the great air conditioning we were after!!!



    But they seemed like fairly nice kids for stage kids. Chatted with several of them many times. I have no idea if they were any of the ones that ended up mega-stars. One of the AD's gave me a pretty nice MMC shirt once. Probably still have it around here somewhere rotting away in some box with the tags still on it. That adult host guy with the big white hair always kinda gave me the creeps. But I'm sure he was actually a nice guy.

    Popular rumor of the time had it that the tram tour passed right by their production office windows at one point in the tour, and the kids would moon the tram. Another rumor had the hormone raging Mousekateens trolling for fresh meat from the tourist pool on occasion...hanging out at the tram stop looking to hook up with some débutante day-guest from Boise. But I don't know if any of that is true or not. Though it does sound like something kids like that would do.

    I'm closer to the 1955 version of the Mickey Mouse Club. That Club's Big Moosekateer Roy Williams always sorta gave me the creeps too. Until I finally met him as an adult. What a great and crazy guy he was! You just wouldn't believe it. Made Rolly Crump and Ward Kimball look like Boston Missionaries!
    You were freaked out by Fred. Oh well, lol. I believe the rumor of the mooning are true. On the new E! True Hollywood Story, the kids now grown up confirm it. They would hit on girls on the tram tour as well. Some of the kids are on myspace, the least popular ones. I wonder if they wanted to do a reunion show but unfourtanley the soundstage is destroyed. Thank you, Toy Mania.

  14. #14

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    I did a few times on the tour but that was about it, no special stories that I can remember.

  15. #15

    • Happy Memories
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,282

    Re: Who has seen the MMC at MGM?

    Never saw them at the parks, but did spend a couple of days as an extra on a shoot they did at an off property location.




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •