Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Inside Service Tip

Being an Annual Passholder we get to WDW a lot. We have tried many different food places at EPCOT and had awful food at the Italian restaraunt and also at the Japanese Tempura restaraunt. Italian tasted like they just took out of the Stouffers Boil a Bag of food.

The Tempura restaraunt tasted all alike. My Partner had the sushi and tempura and it all tasted alike! Expensive for what you get and not good. Also I am not good at chopsticks and no forks were available. I know..get with the experience

We had a great meal at the French restaraunt. One of our best at EPCOT. We both had something different and both loved what we had. French Onion soup was great as was Creme Brule.

INSIDE TIP: Go to the German Restaraunt and ask to have MIKE S take care of you. This is a buffet so you can eat all you want at a inexpensive price and Mike will entertain you quite well. Make sure you tell him ROBB & SCOTT sent you and said HI. He will make your experience amazing!

Enjoy and eat well!

• The Mickey Follower

Quote Originally Posted by Robbguy
    INSIDE TIP: Go to the German Restaraunt and ask to have MIKE S take care of you. This is a buffet so you can eat all you want at a inexpensive price and Mike will entertain you quite well. Make sure you tell him ROBB & SCOTT sent you and said HI. He will make your experience amazing!
    I actually have my AP vouchers in the mail (exited).. and plan on getting the Dinning Experience Card. Do the restaurants at EPCOT take the card?

We're torn between the Buffet and France... I heard allot of good things about the Germany Buffet (plus you can't go wrong with a Buffet).

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by J.B.Opie

In Norway, the dessert shop is my favorite..
    I second that. My son and I developed quite an addition for the cheese Danish during our visit last year!

My little family has not eaten at: France or Norway or China.

Teppaniachi: This is the restaurant that starts our vacation. We love it, especially my wife. I think Teppaniachi is only second to Fulton's. She loves the steak and chicken meal.

San Angel Inn: Our lunch place. We love it because it really is relaxing and the atmosphere is awesome. Plus, we love Mexican Food.

Canada: Don't remember what the wine cellar restaurant is called, but it's nothing big, unless you like to eat in a wine cellar. The meal wasn't anything to write home about.

Morroco: The music made me feel like I was watching a Saudi Arabi based movie. The belly dancer was fun to watch, but she didn't seem like a people person. Dance, then get off stage, maybe pose for pictures. The food was actually really good, my wife wasn't a big fan. I had taquito like things with cinnamon on top. Really good.

Next trip in 2006 we'll be eating at France and China. Not sure about Norway. I'd recommend San Angel or Teppaniachi.

Quote Originally Posted by slowbee
    I actually have my AP vouchers in the mail (exited).. and plan on getting the Dinning Experience Card. Do the restaurants at EPCOT take the card?

We're torn between the Buffet and France... I heard allot of good things about the Germany Buffet (plus you can't go wrong with a Buffet).
    One last thing, I hopped on the Disney World website and was amazed that for the description for each restaurant, it said whether the Dining Experience was included. Might check that out.

• Former CM

San Angel Inn: My wife and I prefer the lunch menu.

San Angel Cantina: Has a very good wet burrito.

Boulangerie Patisserie: Great tasting little desserts and snacks.

Le Cellier Steakhouse: Great pretzel bread.

Plus if you drink beer don't forget to play Drink Around the World.

• e komo mai

My partner and I really liked Norway's Ankershus (sp?) and didn't care for Mexico's restaurant.

I highly recommend Japan, specifically the Teppanyaki Dining Room.

This is always top of our "must do" list on a visit to WDW.

Not only is the food delicious, it is also very entertaining! It is amazing to watch the chef perform at your table!

- GothGargoyle

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Personal notes

Considering how much I eat when I go to the World Showcase, I knew I had to say SOMETHING...

...for lunch, experience has been there's nothing more non-American (ie-makes you feel like you aren't here) then to get a glass of wine or Perrier dans France and then find a nice shaded patch of lawn to eat al fresco. You people watch and for a moment, just a moment, you'll find yourself somewhere else.

...The cooking tables in Japan are fun, but you can have that back at Benihana's at home. Try the tempura bar already described in this thread, it's better and more unique.

...the food is better at the Mexican restaurant, now that they serve mole. It's that chocolate sauce stuff that is truly wonderful.

...Italian food is heavy, besides, you'll be napping by the time you finish your coffee. You probably have an Olive Garden near you anyhows.

...Germany? Decent, and unique. I just don't like German food.

...Britian's food is the bane of Europe, but the little Rose and Crown, I've found is full of more atmosphere then expected. We like to eat here, late, and the grab a few Cadbury's and wander over to the 'secret' hiding space behind the restaurant-near the bridge--to watch the fireworks.

...Norway is merely okay in book, again, too much like German food.

...not many people are familiar with the cuisine in Morocco, so it's never really crowded and the service becomes much more personal.

...above all TALK to your server. Being from your homeland, they always have stories to tell, either about how we are different and what is the same. It makes the experience all the more personal!

Let us know where you decided! Food is something of a hobby for my little family.

Peace!

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by slowbee
    Where should be the next place we should experience? I'm leaning towards France, while my wife is pushing the Japan Tapi(sp?) dinner show.

Any suggestions?
    There's a restaurant in the back of Morocco. It's out of the way so a lot of people don't seem to frequent it (at least whenever I've gone). It's a nice atmosphere (really romantic) and they have belly dancers as entertainment. Really a lot of fun!

The French restaurant is really good.. that real extravagant one. Can't remember the name (it's been a while).

Both are good if you're looking for a dinner for two arrangement. :-)
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    The French Resturaunt is really good.
    I didn't care for Norway,
    Mexico is a good meal
    never ate at China or Japan or Morocco (although I really want to)
    Germany is OK- not my favorite(doesn't taste as good as some German resturaunts I been to.
    Italy is OK- I have eaten there several times. Sometimes really good, sometimes OK
    The bakery in France is great
    Coral Reef - overpriced
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• The one, the only...

When it comes to food, I have lots of opinions:

Morocco--- I loved this restaurant. If you love adventure, then this is the place. It feels a thousand miles away. Very nice people.

Canada -- For those not so adventuresome, this is the place. I have to say I love steak, but this has excellent food!

Mexico-- I love the atmosphere of this place, but it really did not have excellent food. I live in Arizona and get excellent Mexican all the time. This just seemed over priced, but you cannot beat the setting!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12