• "There's always my way"

Spaceship Earth rehab extended and Haunted Mansion update

According to Mouseplanet.com, Spaceship Earth refurbishing has been extended from November 1 to November 13. Last week's two day (Jun. 22-23) closure was cancelled. The ride is expected to close on July 9th. This really sucks for whoever is visiting the park during the summer time but I hope they could understand that this refurb is very much needed and it will be well worth it.

Moving along to Haunted Mansion, the roof to the entrance of the attraction is getting replaced. I hope they really do some work on the exterior of the attraction as well.

Has anyone heard or know any more details?

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Re: Spaceship Earth rehab extended and Haunted Mansion update

No new info, just another chance to complain.... I only wish there had been better planning, and that SE would have been re-opened in all its glory for the 25th anniversary in Oct!!!

I would guess that the rehab timing has a lot to do with the sponsorship, but I stil hate that it's going to be closed for the 25th. (When I'll be down there!!!)

• Hola Yola!

Maybe a Dream Team will grant you the wish of coming back to see it when it reopens.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    Maybe a Dream Team will grant you the wish of coming back to see it when it reopens.
    Now THAT would be cool!!

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    No new info, just another chance to complain.... I only wish there had been better planning, and that SE would have been re-opened in all its glory for the 25th anniversary in Oct!!!

I would guess that the rehab timing has a lot to do with the sponsorship, but I stil hate that it's going to be closed for the 25th. (When I'll be down there!!!)
    Well, I guess since the powers that be have decided to just overlook the whole 25th anniversary and nothing special is planned then it really doesn't matter to them anyway....sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Banned User

i think this is GREAT news.
    The longer the better should be the standard for our lovely Walt Disney World. The whole roof at mansion...probably really rotted and this means they can probably replace the giant scrims and the giant pieces of glass...sweet sweet candy....bam..

• Circle of Ancients

NO!!! No SSE in October is not a good thing.

Oh well, guess we have to plan another trip.

• Were you there?

The two day down period was to install/test the new image capture system. They were able to install and test it without the two day down period. If you rode it in the last couple weeks and noticed a strobe lighting effect on the uphill climb, that is the new image capture system.

Of course since SSE has no strobe lighting warning, this got some legal people freaked out and it hasn't been tested since.

The pictures it takes will be projected onto the half globe in the post show.

No word on if the photo capture will stay in its current place or be moved somewhere else on the ride.

BT
    22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Well, I guess since the powers that be have decided to just overlook the whole 25th anniversary and nothing special is planned then it really doesn't matter to them anyway....sad.
    I had planned to have my own personal tribute to make up for it! I'm a dork, I know.

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
    The two day down period was to install/test the new image capture system. They were able to install and test it without the two day down period. If you rode it in the last couple weeks and noticed a strobe lighting effect on the uphill climb, that is the new image capture system.
    Very interesting. This should look great. If only they would remove those screens and projectors from the uphill climb. I hope they really update that.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)