• Why can't you tune a fish

I am a big dummy - replacing an AP

OK, I must be a royal dummy.

I am here in Temple Terrace FL right now on business, eagerly awaiting Thursday when I will shoot over to WDW for the weekend.

I am going though the stuff I have for WDW (reservations, etc) and I reailize that my freaking AP is sitting at home on my desk!

OK, so I know the story about having the serial numbers on the back, but maybe an AP is different. So I call WDW. And twice I get the same answer.

"As long as you have a picture ID they SHOULD be able to get you a new pass. I THINK thats how it works."

I don't want think or should, I want a solid answer

So, should I be overnighting the keys to my condo home to someone so they can get me the serial number off my pass, or should I trust the two CM's I talked to and just go to Guest Relations on Thursday (with my ID and the Credit Card I used to purchase the AP) And no, there is really no way for me to make the two hour or so round trip up to WDW and back before then and try to get a new AP.

Thanks

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: I am a ig dummy - replacing an AP

Too bad you don't have a family member who already has a key to your place and could just overnight the pass to you.

Sorry I'm not much help. I usually forget something when I go on atrip but to go to WDW and now have my pass? I'd kill myself.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

They are able to look up your AP by your name in the ticketing system. Just bring a valid photo ID to any Guest Relations window and they will be able to reissue your pass to you.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Too bad you don't have a family member who already has a key to your place and could just overnight the pass to you.

Sorry I'm not much help. I usually forget something when I go on atrip but to go to WDW and now have my pass? I'd kill myself.

Normally someone would have a spare key, but I just moved and have not got around to that yet

I know how I forget my pass, its because if the business end of this trip. I had a bunch of stuff to get done for that. I booked the WDW part and made reservations and finished all that sruff ages ago. I was so set yesterday on getting my business stuff together that I just grabbed the WDW folder and did not bother to get the AP out of its "safe place" (and its still there, nice and safe)

-dae
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop View Post
    They are able to look up your AP by your name in the ticketing system. Just bring a valid photo ID to any Guest Relations window and they will be able to reissue your pass to you.

Thanks mucho. You have put my fears to rest. Now I don't have to run around tomorrow to make duplicate keys (If i were to overnight them to someone, I would need a set to get in when I get home at 1:00 AM Monday morning - I don't think people want me to wake them then)

Thanks again.

-dave

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Enjoy your day(s) at WDW!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Nand did not bother to get the AP out of its "safe place" (and its still there, nice and safe)
    And it will still be there when you get home too... only inactive.

Here's to hoping I get to see you! Please give me a ring when you get on property.

• Done and Gone

I was wondering the same thing. I have my AP but my wifes AP is missing... We have until Thursday night to find it but just in case... Thanks for the info!

Oh is there a charge for a reissue? Just wondering.

• Disney Dreams

I once lost my annual pass when arriving at the MK, and when I went over to Guest Relations, someone had gotten in with my pass! The CM said they could just print up a new one and cancel out the old one as long as I could show some kind of identification. I have a new AP

- At no charge -