Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

My first WDW trip - report

Whew! I had my first WDW trip June 15th to 23rd. It was a blast and being from So.cal, it was just amazingly huge! Disneyland will probably never be the same for me again.

Well thats not what you care about Here's the report

june 15th/16th: we got to LAX at around 8 PM to catch the 10:30 flight to Atlanta. There we had a layover and got on a flight to Orlando. It was pretty uneventful, except the fact that you can't get any sleep on an airplane. We arrived in Orlando at about 10 AM local time and went downstairs to pick up our luggage and the rental car. We rented from Budget, and they had not gotten any of their cars back from the car wash yet. So we sat around in those nice tables across from the counter for about a 1/2 hour until the car was finally here.

Rental car Ratings (including pickup, cleanliness, and other stuff): 7/10

We hopped in the car and tried to follow mapquest directions to the I-4, which took forever with my mom trying to interpret them. on the way to I-4 we stopped at this waffle house and had breakfast.

After filling our bodies, we finally made our way to the i -4 and eventualy to Disney. There we followed signs to the Port Orleans Riverside, and arrived at about 1 PM.

we dropped the bags at the luggage holding area and went inside, curious to know if we could get our rooms before the 3PM check in. They were ready, so we got adjoining rooms in building 26 (rooms 2647 and 2648)

My mom and grandma volunterred to head over to Walmart down the I-4 (it had opened a couple days before) and me, my sister, and my dad went to Blizzard Beach.

^ walking through the entrance at BB

We saved a bunch of money by all splitting one of these, and when we ended up coming back, we used it again. It was 2:30 or 3 when we got there, so summet plummet and slush gusher had a 60 minute wait each (it was saturday, so i didn't expect anything less) We did Teamboat springs, all of the mat slides (i forget the names), the tube ones in the back, i think runoff rapids is whats its called, and the Downhill double dipper, which was my favorite. The park closed at 6, so we stayed until then. After that, we changed clothes and headed over to Downtown Disney. My cousin had came on an afternoon flight so she joined us at DD.

^fanning the wet money from Blizzard Beach

^boat ride from Port orleans (my sister, cousin and me)

^hanging out at DD

We got to downtown disney hungery, so half the time we searched for food. I could not believe how crowded it was! The little DD in California is so peaceful but this was afull. We finally found Earl of Sandwitch tucked away in the corner. The sandwitches were pretty good though. After that we decided it was too crowded so we took a bus back to the hotel.

Overall Ratings of the day

Blizzard Beach: 9/10

mat slides 7/10
    runoff rapids 7.5/10
    Teamboat springs 8.5/10
    Downhill Double Dipper 10/10
    Wavepool 5/10

Downtown Disney: 3/10

Earl of sandwitch: 8/10

After having only about 4 hours of sleep, i say we did pretty good on day 1.

Coming soon: Day 2 Sunday June 17th (fathers day) at Epcot
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Say no to Assimilation

Re: My first WDW trip - report

I was at Blizzard beach that Saturday and I was at Epcot that Sunday!!!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Circle of Ancients

lol thats really cool
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG your room at Port Orleans Riverside looks identical to the one I had last month. But I was in building 18 of Alligator Bayou.

• Woot!

great trip report! and yes that room you had looks like the same room i had. Wait my room was in that building! ROFL
    cant wait for me!!! btw in that boat pic do you know those people behind you LOL
    *Thecoolestaw*

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolestaw16 View Post
    great trip report! and yes that room you had looks like the same room i had. Wait my room was in that building! ROFL
    cant wait for me!!! btw in that boat pic do you know those people behind you LOL
    yea its my grandma and dad (i didn't see them)
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelindude View Post
    yea its my grandma and dad (i didn't see them)
    oh lol, i was like wow thats weird if you dont know them ROFL
    *Thecoolestaw*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Love the report so far, esp. the ratings! Keep it up
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Talking Re: My first WDW trip - report

sounds like yall had a blast! My husband and I stayed at Riverside the first time we went and just loved it! It's a beautiful, relaxing resort!
    *~*Alisha*~*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelindude
    Whew! I had my first WDW trip June 15th to 23rd. It was a blast and being from So.cal, it was just amazingly huge! Disneyland will probably never be the same for me again.
    Funny how people are.. I would take DLR in CA any day over WDW's hugeness, which is the reason why the quality has suffered in orlando in the first place! Being big does not make WDW or anything for that matter... better.

But thanks for the nice trip report and photos.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Great TR zeppelindude!!! Can't wait to see the rest of it!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Disney Dreams

Sounds fun! Glad you had a great time

• Minion

Alligator Bayou was where I stayed the very first time I went to WDW! I loved it! Can't wait to hear more of your report!!!

TDLfan: I don't think I've ever seen you give any TR's from CA! What's up?!
    I want my cake back!

• Circle of Ancients

sorry everyone for the delay but high school sports has prevented me from getting the next days up (and the fact last night there was close to 1300 ppl on ) ill get up two days this afternoon
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Circle of Ancients

Sunday, June 17th, Father’s Day, Epcot:
    So at 6 AM we started our first true day at parks. We got up had breakfast, yadeyadeyada, took the car to Epcot, and parked in the first non handicapped row in Amaze. The Disney workers were checking our resort ID’s by 7:45.

^us in front of spaceship earth, trying to kill time.[/font]

As you might have guessed, the park had its early hours and we were taking advantage over them. There were not that many ppl there yet and we were happy.

As 8 AM came, the race was on to test track.

^us in front of test track

The wait was basically walk on, even having the briefing room turned off. The ride was so much fun! I thought it was really a creative idea, and if the building didn’t smell like burned rubber all the time, it would be perfect

^my new car

After that we fastpassed (ill call it fp the rest of the time for time reasons) The track for 8:55 to 9:55. Then we popped a ride onto mission space. Me and my dad rode orange team while the rest of the crew rode green.

^our orange cards

^the girls’ green cards

I liked mission space, but it kinda was no different than a souped up movie. Then we went over to soarin and waited around for fp to that. When we had them in our hands, we took a ride on living with the land. It was amusing to see fruits and veggies that big, but I would not wait more that 15 minutes for it in the future

Before walking over to test track again, we stopped by nemo

^my cousin and my sister making fish faces

I really thought it was creative how well they combined the fish and the nemo character projections. The after center exhibit was also fun. (6 out of 7 on the shark quiz baby!)

The fast pass line at test track was kinda long also, so I spotted this. Anyone know what it is?

Well we did my favorite again and despite more burining rubber smells, it was pretty good.

We made our way over to soarin, using our fastpasses to beat the already 70 minute wait (at 10 AM!) it was fun, but I really thought they should have changed it from the one I know so well at DCA. After that we did The figment ride, Which I thought was awesome. A good refurb on that ride would be really good though. I also thought Imagination needs a E-ticket ride to take all the people on the right side away from soarin

Afterwards, it was getting near 11:30 (soarin’s fp queue was a good 20 minutes) we decided to fp test track again. We got fp for 4:30 at a 90 minute wait. We hopped on Space ship earth (which by then I almost fell asleep no offense Siemens lovers) and exited the park for our break. Since we had such a good spot, we left the car there and took the bus back

At 4 (after pool time and lunch at the food court) we hopped on a bus back to epcot. We did our test track for the 3rd time and then headed over to club cool

^us trying out the drinks

Since ive been to the World of Coke In Atlanta, it was no different than it, except for the sticky floors and the really high air conditioning J

Then we decided it was time for some World showcase. We worked counter clockwise, starting at Canada.

^these posts are so cool

^Oh i praise you o totem pole!

We didn’t see O Canada as we were not aware that that the castle was where the movie was. We then skipped over England (we had a reservation at rose and crown later so why not see it then.) France was next on the stops and we got there just in time before Impressions started. I really enjoyed that show. Afterwards we saw some morocco and the headed over to England. Our reservation was at 7:30, perfect for Illuminations.

As we were waiting for our dinner reservation, we saw this:

One of those sky advertisements

We had our dinner, which was very good fish and chips wise, and prepared for Illuminations. Our waitress let us go down early so we were right there in the viewing spot for rose and crown

^dining

The show was easily the best fireworks I have ever seen.

We had some dessert and then hopped on the monorail (well me, my dad, my cousin, and my sister did) while my mom and grandma took the car back. It was magic kingdom late hours. But no camera (sorry). Basically we did Peter Pan, Autopia, IASW, Splash, and Big Thunder.

By then we were pooped and took a bus back to the hotel. We were in bed by 1:30

That concluded our first true day at the parks. Sorry everyone that this is so late

END OF DAY RATINGS:

Epcot: 9.3/10

Future World: 9.5/10
    Test track 9.3/10
    Mission Space 8/10
    Soarin:7.7/10
    Living with the Land 7/10
    Nemo: 7.8/10
    Figment ride: 8.5/10
    Spaceship earth:7/10

World showcase: 10/10
    Impressions (france): 8/10
    Canada pavillion: 7/10
    Morrocco: 8/10
    England: 8/10
    Rose and Crown: 9/10
    France: 8/10
    ILLUMINATIONS: 11/10

Magic Kingdom:
    Splash: 10/10
    big thunder: 8/10
    Peter Pan 6.8/10
    IASW: 5/10
    Autopia: 4/10

whew! thats all folk for this day
    Last edited by zeppelindude; 06-28-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    Come on you Galaxy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast