Talking Typhoon or Blizzard?!?! Please Help!

Hey everyone! My husband and my 2 girls Kyndall (4) & Kylee (2) are planning on taking a trip to Disney for Halloween! This will be my husband and I's 2nd trip but the 1st time we have taken our girls! We definitely want to stay on Disney property & would like to take the girls to some great character breakfasts! If anyone could answer the questions below that would be so helpful!

What is the most kid friendly deluxe resort but also the most relaxing... I am pregnant!?

Are the halloween party tickets extra $?

What are good places to take the kids for character meals?... one breakfast lunch & dinner preferably!

Thanks sooo much!
    *~*Alisha*~*

Re: Typhoon or Blizzard?!?! Please Help!

Hey again! I just realized that I made the subject line "Typhoon or Blizzard?" on my last post and I didn't even mention anything about it! Guess I got a little sidetracked... sorry about that! That's another ? I'd like to add...

Which water park is the most kid friendly?

Thanks again!
    *~*Alisha*~*

• Defying gravity

Well, both water parks have kid friendly zones. Blizzard Beach has Tike's Peak and Typhoon Lagoon has Ketchakiddee Creek. I would say that it really just comes down to personal preference.

Note: You can just "EDIT" your first post so that people don't get confused.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by alisha85 View Post
    Hey everyone! My husband and my 2 girls Kyndall (4) & Kylee (2) are planning on taking a trip to Disney for Halloween! This will be my husband and I's 2nd trip but the 1st time we have taken our girls! We definitely want to stay on Disney property & would like to take the girls to some great character breakfasts! If anyone could answer the questions below that would be so helpful!

What is the most kid friendly deluxe resort but also the most relaxing... I am pregnant!?

Are the halloween party tickets extra $?

What are good places to take the kids for character meals?... one breakfast lunch & dinner preferably!

Thanks sooo much!
    Quote Originally Posted by alisha85 View Post
    Hey again! I just realized that I made the subject line "Typhoon or Blizzard?" on my last post and I didn't even mention anything about it! Guess I got a little sidetracked... sorry about that! That's another ? I'd like to add...

Which water park is the most kid friendly?

Thanks again!
    OK - to answer your first Question - The Polynesian is both "Kid Friendly" and EXTREMELY relaxing - the resort itself is beautiful, and the theming is wonderful.

Second Question: Yes - the Halloween Events are completely separate, and cost more to participate in. At the time of the event, those who don't have tickets leave, and those with the Halloween Event tickets come in.

Third Question: I REALLY liked the Crystal Palace ( which normally has Winnie the Pooh characters! ) - slightly expensive, but most character meals are. The food is great ( it's a serve-your-self buffet ), and every 45 minutes or so there is a little parade where the characters come out and kids are asked to join in. The characters walk around the tables singing and so forth - very cute And the food is really great, with lots of variety! I believe you can have either lunch or dinner here. Not sure about breakfast.

Another character meal I liked was 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian - the night I ate there, it was Cinderella and her friends ( the mice, and prince charming - with the Fairy Godmother in the lobby ), but also has ( on other nights ) Mary Poppins, and Alice in Wonderland characters - it depends on the night your reservations are for. The food was great, ( another serve-your-self buffet ) too!

Fourth Question: The above poster really settled it. I know that Blizzard Beach seems to have more 'adult' slides, such as Summit Plummet, but it comes down to what your family likes - I've seen many small children do the big slides, so I'm not sure how your family would do with those - you can always go on the WDW site and find out what each has

I had this dilemma as well! You should be able to visit both depending on your pakage and the length of your stay. My girlfriend and I are going for six days and because the waterpark option is included, we are given six visits/days at both parks.
    Last edited by speedemon; 06-26-2007 at 10:22 PM.

• Disney Dreams

I would think that a park pass for ONE of the waterparks should work for BOTH... how genius that would be