Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help with what resort to choose and more!

Hey everyone! My husband and my 2 girls Kyndall (4) & Kylee (2) are planning on taking a trip to Disney for Halloween! This will be my husband and I's 2nd trip but the 1st time we have taken our girls! We definitely want to stay on Disney property & would like to take the girls to some great character breakfasts! If anyone could answer the questions below that would be so helpful!

What is the most kid friendly deluxe resort but also the most relaxing... I am pregnant!?

Are the halloween party tickets extra $?

What are good places to take the kids for character meals?... one breakfast lunch & dinner preferably!

Thanks sooo much!
    *~*Alisha*~*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Help with what resort to choose and more!

Halloween tickets are extra money, not sure how much, but they are only on certain dates too, so make sure you check when you are going.

As far as kid friendly, what is your price range? Deluxe I would say Yacht and Beach or Polynesian, even Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge

Moderate could be any, except Coronado I think, since that's more of a convention hotel.

Value, I would say any are kid friendly, but I would try to avoid values for your children's first time.

Crystal Palace gets good marks for character dining by many. I would also recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe. Not character eating, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. It's hard to explain if you have never been there, but it's a place where people laugh the entire time they are there. It's located in the Wilderness Lodge.

Maybe other people can recommend places to eat? Ohana in the Polynesian is also a nice idea for kids, as is Cinderellas Royal Table, but I will not get into that based on the other thread.

Also, check out http://www.allears.net/ One of the best, if not the best, travel planning site online. Many people on here, myself included, LOVE that site.

And finally, welcome to MiceChat!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

We're definitely looking to stay at a deluxe or vacation club resort! we just want to have a very nice experience! alot of people have recomended Animal Kingdom Lodge because they say the kids will like the animals and i've heard it's very quiet!

Thanks Again!
    *~*Alisha*~*

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

The two character breakfasts I would recommend are 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Californian and Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Beach Club is a little slower paced but both are wonderful.

For Resorts, I would definately recommend the Yacht or Beach club. Close to the Boardwalk with lots to do around. Also the pool is unique with different floors, sand, moving tiles. Wilderness Lodge has Wispering Canyon which is a must do for dinner. No characters but your kids will have a blast.

• Golden State of Mind

Poly!!!! Great for MK lovers (kids)

Ohana Character breakfast ***** five stars
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• missing the DisneyGallery

I would say either Yacht Club, Beach Club or Polynesian beacuse of the pools. If relaxation is a big factor I would say Poly. My wife and I sytayed there for our honeymoon and it was great. I dont think Yacht and Beach are as relaxing, but you can always find a cool place to hang out. All are very convenient to the parks and so that should be a plus for the kids too.

When attractions were original

• Minion

Hi Alisha and welcome to Micechat!

My family and I will be staying at the Polynesian Oct. 17-22. We picked the Poly based on information found here on Micechat as well as from allearsnet.com http://allearsnet.com/

Since this is the first time staying at any Deluxe resort for us, I can't give an answer based on personal experience. However, I can say that from all the research we've done (and we did a LOT), the Polynesian looks to be a very kid friendly resort with the onsite character meals, the Luau, beach access (with great views of fireworks and water parade) and the kids club. Check out allearsnet.com for more info regarding this.

Another big reason we picked the Poly was because it's a monorail resort. There's a monorail stop right near the main entrance! Plus, the Poly is a bit less spread out than many other resorts, like Coronado Springs for example, so that should mean less walking as well as less time waiting for buses.

So, I'd definitely look into the Polynesian for the above reasons. I imagine other Micechatters who have actually stayed at Deluxe resorts will chime in with additional advice and information.

For character meals, last year we had lunch at Cinderella's Castle and it was awesome! Even for adults! Food was excellent and the 'show' aspect of it was really cool! Crystal Palace character meal was very good as well.

One very important thing to do is book NOW if you want to get a character meal of any kind! Times fill up fast. We're having lunch at the Castle at 2PM on the the 18th and that was one of the few spots open for the week we're there. We also plan on trying a character meal at the Poly IF there are any openings.

Far as the Halloween party, I hear it's great, but haven't done it myself to comment on it.

I'm sure you'll have a great time there no matter where you stay! Oh, and congratulations!

Thank you so much for your help Pacha! We're planning on going around those exact same dates! Maybe we'll see you there! lol
    *~*Alisha*~*

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alisha85 View Post
    Thank you so much for your help Pacha! We're planning on going around those exact same dates! Maybe we'll see you there! lol
    You're welcome!

Meeting you and your family would be cool! Micechat Invasion II will be going on then as well, so there will be a LOT of Micechatters there.

• Defying gravity

We're definitely looking to stay at a deluxe or vacation club resort! we just want to have a very nice experience! alot of people have recomended Animal Kingdom Lodge because they say the kids will like the animals and i've heard it's very quiet!!
    How much space are you looking at? The nice thing about DVC resorts is that you can get a 1-bedroom or even larger. The kitchen and extra space can be very nice to have with children. (And since I imagine you aren't DVC members, you will still get maid service.) AKL might not been so quiet anymore with all of the construction! Also, you only see the animals with a savanna view room. Otherwise, you are looking at a pool or parking lot.

• California Golden Bear

I am pregnant!?
    Congratulations! or maybe not. Your punctuation suggests there is some confusion about this.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    Congratulations! or maybe not. Your punctuation suggests there is some confusion about this.
    I was thinking that same thing!!!

I would most definitely recommend the Animal Kingdom Lodge. For your girls' first trip, it offers something spectacular and completely and totally unique from any other hotel experience. You said you wanted something for the kids and also something relaxing. AKL is definitely the place to go. There is the animal viewing and the usual pool and playground for the kids. I found that animal viewing was captivating enough for the little ones to keep them enticed all day. Also, the eccentricities in decoration and design at this resort make it wonderful to explore. As for relaxation, nothing can be better than AKL. I would disagree with statements about the Poly being good for this. The fact that it's a monorail resort and close to the Fireworks and water parade almost make it more difficult to relax. AKL is far removed from the Disney parks, but offers the true feeling of getting away from the crowds while at the resort. Hope this helped!

• Can't get enough!

i have been to disneyworld when i was 6 months pregnant.... i was having back pains was very worried about all the walking. however, i never felt better. i guess it did me some good to get my body moving!

we have done character breakfasts at the grand floridian, o'hanna and the beach club. i preferred the one at o'hana but we haven't done it since they changed it to lilo and stich!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tonythetigerasn View Post
    I would most definitely recommend the Animal Kingdom Lodge. For your girls' first trip, it offers something spectacular and completely and totally unique from any other hotel experience. You said you wanted something for the kids and also something relaxing. AKL is definitely the place to go. There is the animal viewing and the usual pool and playground for the kids. I found that animal viewing was captivating enough for the little ones to keep them enticed all day. Also, the eccentricities in decoration and design at this resort make it wonderful to explore. As for relaxation, nothing can be better than AKL. I would disagree with statements about the Poly being good for this. The fact that it's a monorail resort and close to the Fireworks and water parade almost make it more difficult to relax. AKL is far removed from the Disney parks, but offers the true feeling of getting away from the crowds while at the resort. Hope this helped!
    Those are some good points.

Questions for you (or anyone who's stayed at AKL) that might be of interest to Alisha...

How's the walking at AKL versus other resorts? Judging by the resort map for AKL, it doesn't look all that spread out like some of the other resorts like CS or CBR, for example. Also, how's the bus service? Better and faster than average at AKL or about the same as other deluxe or moderate resorts?

One of the big reasons we chose Poly over AKL was because of the monorail access. We felt it would be faster and easier to do that versus riding buses. Guess we'll find out in October!

On the other hand, one of of the big benefits of AKL was the quality of the resort versus price. AKL was quite a bit cheaper than Poly and in the end, the monorail access won out over cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast