Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Aren't the stations at TTc & MK & Epcot desiogned with auto gates inmind..
    (which are being implimented now finally)

Not sure. I belive that Disney can make changes at any time, and mae it look like it was planned that way.

Wow, just saw my line about the monorail dumping ground used in this weeks MiceChat round-up, I promise to get the photo uploaded tonight. Since I sent the note on the 11th. I have been shooting almost non-stop, which is wonderful due to the fact that Kathy, my wife, is preg with our second child, and we always need the money. Hey, gotta buy those new shoes right? Unless I get a last minute shoot this afternoon or night, I will find and upload the images of the monorail resting place.
    Mark

• Banned User

OH COOL. Your quote and my thread being published.

We're climbing to the top now.
    Last edited by monorail_rider; 02-16-2005 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Found what he was talking about.

Monorail Graveyard Photo Posted.

Hello all,
    I am working on hour 28 of non sleep. I spent the night proofing close to 2,700 images from an Arena Football Game (Orlando Predators) and still have close to 500 more to go.

I posted a 44k file of the monorail graveyard at WDW. It is here: http://tinyurl.com/3ue4a You can post links to the photo on other site, but please do not hijack/steal the image. Thanks.

Enjoy, and remember, Disney did not approve the image, and no, it is not for sale or licensing.

Sincerely,
    Mark E. Lepow

• Banned User

^^ Is there just that one or am I missing something???

Also it's in B&W but says that if we buy the photo it's in color. but then it says,

"Please note: This photo is not public domain and therefor will be considered stolen if used on another website without the signed, written permission of Lepow Photo. This photo is not for sale to the general public, regardless that there is a price listed. Orders will not be filled. Obviously, this photo has not been approved by the Disney Co."

Can you maybe post them in photobucket.com so we can see it better?

• Banned User

Question Great photos....

I thought the grave yard for attractions used to be in the Pluto Cast member parking lot... That was until about a year ago when they began to remove the items and sell them or Ebay them...

Good photos…. I saw on another forum that Red & Silver were in a warehouse…..somewhere off property…. Red was scrapped but what about silver?? :confused:
    Last edited by figment1986; 02-19-2005 at 01:02 PM.

Hello all,
    Yes, the online photo is in b/w. I can repost in color l8r 2nite. To see a larger view, you need to click on either the icon or the words "click to enlarge" I sincerely hope that people realize that already, but you never know. As far as the confusion with regards to price, my site, lepowphoto.com exists mostly as a place to sell prints from events that I have shot. Disney, as I have learned in the past, likes seeing lots of disclaimers on site that remotely look like they might be selling an image from a park and that Disney did not approve of the photo. I have to worry because of my profession. If you notice when you poke around my site, there are photos from triathlons that I have photographed on property. I have the written o.k. to sel lthose images, as does the photo vendor for the event (I do the marketing phtotographer for the event management co). disney did have final say whether a photo could be sold or not that was produced on their property (more concerned about improper images). If I was just Joe Tourist and found the dump site while on a helicopter rental ride, well, different story, but eventually Disney lawyers would find out if the image was for sale or not. As for the graveyard reference, to me items that Disney put in a canopied area of the cast parking lot to eventually sell to the cast members/public, does not constitute a "graveyard" regardless of what they want to call it. Come on, if the items are ever coming back out, is it really a graveyard? The area that you are thinking of now has a large warehouse style building there which is used to house the items that will eventually be put up for sale, auction, etc.

Well, enough typing for now, gotta get back to looking through a bunch of photos, only 300 more to go until the good ol trusty Mac takes over and does stuff automatically for me.

Type with you all soon,
    Mark

• Banned User

There are some great pics on my site (see my sig)

And here are some others from another board I visit.

Special thanks to Invero for posting thease on WDWMAGIC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Invero
    The following pictures are from the secret warehouse... sorry for the quality... there was lots of dust, and it was my old camera.
    (Taken by me, with permission from Disney... the watermarks are just there to prevent folks from stealing them and using them)

http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/silver1.jpg
    http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/silver2.jpg
    http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/red1.jpg
    http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/red2.jpg
    http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/console1.jpg
    http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/console2.jpg
    http://www.fricknfrack.net/tyler/console3.jpg

• Banned User

Here is a pic of the new controls at the MK Monorail station that control the new gates.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../Silver_MK.jpg

• Having a Grand Day!

Is Monorail Yellow's control system still unique?

• Newbie.

I read on another thread that the monorails at WDW were different then the ones at DL? Is the difference huge, or just slightly tweaked? Are we talking train difference or beam difference?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Banned User

Size and design, seating arrangement...at least those are the apparent diferences from the point of view of this humble guest.

• Banned User

The monorails between WDW and DL are completely different. DL's trains are MUCH smaller, and they also are not as advanced as the WDW trains. The WDW trains are tall enough for you to stand up while riding, and they also offer normal seating. However, the Tokyo Disney Resort Line is by far the coolest of all the monorail systems. You can walk from car to car, and they even have Mickey shaped windows.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    However, the Tokyo Disney Resort Line is by far the coolest of all the monorail systems. You can walk from car to car, and they even have Mickey shaped windows.

And also the straps that you hold onto if your standing have Mickey shaped rings on them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Is Monorail Yellow's control system still unique?
    You mean the new touch screen controls whihc it was/is beta testing.. As far as i heard on the net.. they are still unique.. (thought i am not sure how many bugs are still left..)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast