Adventureland: Where to go from here?

I posted this type of topic over at WDWmagic, and I'd like to see what you all think here. This will be an organized thread about ideas for improvements to Adventureland at the MK. There are ideas scattered all over the place, so I'd like to do one land at WDW a week, and see what kind of ideas people can come up with.

Post thoughts on improvements on old attractions, theme corrections, new attractions, or anything you'd do to improve this land. Be sure to include any justification for the improvements you make, and make them REALISTIC to a budget and management system.

For me, one of my personal ideas is a Tiki Room restaurant. Walt originally envisioned the Tiki Room as a sit-down restaurant with birds overhead. I would want UNM to be converted into a restaurant, with SOME new AAs and technology. One of the things that made the original show wonderful was the technological wonder it inspired in guests. Seemingly real birds were truly revolutionary at the time. I'd like some free-flying or AAs with a little more range of motion. The ambiance would be dark and tropical, with songs happening during the meal at certain portions. What do you all think?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Adventureland: Where to go from here?

A nice sit down would be great... but probably something different than the Tiki birds. Maybe they should just do what Walt had originally had at Disneyland and have a Polynesian dinner show. (hey, they had one in Lilo & Stitch too). But... hmmmm, I wouldn't want another Stitch attraction at MK so scratch that.

But still, a nice sit down is still good.

I also had an idea for replacing the magic carpets with a good coaster through the cave of wonders.

Tarzan would also make for a good coaster through the forest... maybe escaping from Sabor.

And how about Fire Mountain finally??? A volcano in Adventureland seems like a perfect fit. The entire thing can revolve around upsetting the goddess Pele.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I also had an idea for replacing the magic carpets with a good coaster through the cave of wonders
    I like this idea and had a similar thought. A new high-tech dark ride, rather than coaster, which could double as a thrill ride: similar to Spiderman at IOA. Utilize the technology of the moving simulator ride vehicle (the carpet itself) but complete the project on the scale of Indy at Disneyland. It would have to be massive, and would require a complete revamping of Adventureland. To get the space, I would remove the Treehouse as well as the Carpets, and shift the pathways through the land over to the right, near the Tiki Room, as you enter from the hub.

Tarzan would also make for a good coaster through the forest... maybe escaping from Sabor.

And how about Fire Mountain finally??? A volcano in Adventureland seems like a perfect fit. The entire thing can revolve around upsetting the goddess Pele.
    Awesome ideas, but WHERE?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tonythetigerasn View Post
    I like this idea and had a similar thought. A new high-tech dark ride, rather than coaster, which could double as a thrill ride: similar to Spiderman at IOA. Utilize the technology of the moving simulator ride vehicle (the carpet itself) but complete the project on the scale of Indy at Disneyland. It would have to be massive, and would require a complete revamping of Adventureland. To get the space, I would remove the Treehouse as well as the Carpets, and shift the pathways through the land over to the right, near the Tiki Room, as you enter from the hub.

Awesome ideas, but WHERE?

Florida is vast... none of the rides need to be right in the berm. The show buildings can be housed further back, and if they do add a volcano, that's what would need to be done and the queue would just be getting there.

Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland is barely even in Adventureland. The queue starts there but we walk out of the perimeter to board the ride. It works great because we don't have to see a massive building in adventureland.

A lot of my ideas are also doable in Animal Kingdom too. Same thing almost.

• We'll hold them at bay

One rumor has Adventureland becoming Pirateland with a restaurant, a redo of the Tiki Birds into a pirate theme, the Black Pearl replacing the Treehouse and an e-ticket replacing Jungle Cruise
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

I have also heard that Fronteirland is being changed to Woody's Roundup, with Splash getting new AAs, the Rivers of America receiving a "Somebody Poisoned the Waterhole" theme, and Big Thunder Mountain being taken out in favor of a Midway-style 3D game.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I would love to see the Tahitian Terrace revived.
    Hula girls, Fire shows, and it wouldn't hurt to
    add some of the Adventureland characters: Aladdin
    Jasmine, Tarzan, Jane, How about some audio
    animatronic visits with Simba, Zazu. They really
    do need a larger restaurant and they would need to
    set up a kitchen, but it has been done in the past.

This could be the Golden Horseshoe Review of Adventureland!

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by tonythetigerasn View Post
    I have also heard that Fronteirland is being changed to Woody's Roundup, with Splash getting new AAs, the Rivers of America receiving a "Somebody Poisoned the Waterhole" theme, and Big Thunder Mountain being taken out in favor of a Midway-style 3D game.
    Where in the world did you read about this? This is insulting to all things Disney! Who/What is your source? First and foremost, #1 Thunder Mountain is not going anywhere, #2 Woody's Roundup is at Frontierland by the Diamon Horeshoe, #3 Rivers of America will become Pirate's Lair before any idea of "Somebody Poisoned the Waterhole", #4 the Midway-style ride is going to MGM Studios first and finally, #5 I also don't think they will change the AAs at Splash Mountain any time soon (maybe a rehab but not a replacement).
    But wait, this thread is about Adventureland, suddenly we are now at Frontierland.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Sorry. The poster above suggested Adventureland might transform to Pirateland. I was making a mockery that disney would completely change the theme of their original land to cash in on a popualr item.

• "There's always my way"

it's all good

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

They could have an Adventurer's Club that would be similar to the Golden Horseshoe. Instead of a western theme it could be Mediterranean. Similar jokes, dancing & juggling.

There could be a speaking statue called Dr. Livingstone (Living Stone)

• MiceChat Moderator

I posted this in the Disneyland section already but since this was an idea I wanted for Florida, I thought it would be better suited here as well...

I had a lengthy meeting at work today so I started doodling in my yellow note pad. Before I knew it, my drawing began to resemble a rollercoaster car. So I thought I'd just try and illustrate a scene from a Magic Carpet ride if it became reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    While it's fun to dream about the possibility (or impossibility) of Adventureland expansion, I made my ideas geared for Florida's Adventureland and Animal Kingdom.

MAGIC CARPET: THE E-TICKET (replaces the carpet spinner ride)
    The queue for this attraction begins innocently enough.... in the Agrabah marketplace. Walk through assorted alleys and and displays of typical items found in Agrabah. Audio of merchants and buyers can be heard, making it sound like they're just on the other side of the wall.

By now, the guest has traveled indoors to Jafar's chamber where you see him (an animatronic) plot his plans to send Aladdin into the cave of wonders. The hourglass full of sand would be a cool effect with a projection of Aladdin onto it. And this is still the queue.

Agrabah soon becomes the dessert and the sky is certainly dark now. After you pass a dune, you see in the distance, the entrance to the Cave of Wonders. The queue leads you downwards as you continue to wait in line while passing mountains and mountains of gold and treasure. Audio of Aladdin and Abu wandering around can be heard echoing through the caverns. Most audible of course is "Abu, don't touch ANYthing!"

You board your coaster car (not suspended as you need to SIT into the magic carpet) and you go on your way. The first room you go into though is of course Abu grabbing the biggest gem ever. As he grabs it, that's when all hell literally breaks loose, the train zooms ahead (like ca screamin) as you careen through the cave of wonders escaping falling rocks, mountains of treasure, and exploding lava.

The climax of the ride is of course when the Genie is finally released from the lamp and he grants you a way out.

The End.

This would be the final stretch of the ride where you are confronted by tidal waves of lava, exploding balls of fire. A massive Genie comes alive (part animatronic part animated) that shoots a blast of fog and smoke against what appeared like a solid wall. You fly on through a tunnel of smoke (escaping the near head on collision with the wall) and you escape the cave of wonders and exit back into the saftey of Adventureland.

I can picture the exit spiel now.. "exit here, here or here or here or here... anywhere!"

All they would need to do is either put it in a Space Mountain sized genie bottle or with an entrance similar to the Cave of Wonders.