Best way to book a WDW trip?

Hi everyone, newbie here, longtime reader, first time poster.

My wife and I are planning on visiting WDW next April with our two children and my mother.

The last time we went was back in 1999 and if I remember correctly all planning and booking was done over the phone with the WDW Travel people.

Times change obviously and I am wondering - what is the easiest way to book the complete trip - AAA? A travel agent? Online via Disney?

We are planning on staying at a deluxe resort on property - any suggestions for 3 adults and 2 kids? That is a odd # or people.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!
    Cliff

• back to WDW in January

Re: Best way to book a WDW trip?

WDW travel is still good and AAA still offers services and discounts but there are plenty of other reputable unofficial Disney travel agencies you could try as well, many of which are very highly rated.
    We are DVC and Starwood members so we typically book our own trips but we went with Dreams Unlimited one year for a special stay at the Grand Floridian and they were wonderful.

Here are a few worth looking into:

dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
    yourmagicaljourneys.com
    kingdommagictravel.com
    dreamcometruevacations.com
    themagicforless.com

As for accomodations it really depends on what you are willing to spend and where you want to be. At the high end, for 3 adults and 2 kids you may want to condsider a 1 bedroom DVC or Home Away from Home resort that would allow for more room. Then there are suites at various locations such as the Swan and Dolphin or The Contemporary. Allears.net is a great comprehensive resource for "planning and staying" information so you should check that out as well.
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-28-2007 at 08:41 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerwannabe View Post

We are planning on staying at a deluxe resort on property - any suggestions for 3 adults and 2 kids? That is a odd # or people.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!
    Cliff
    If you already know what you want, I always think it's easier to call the WD Travel Company directly. That's what I usually do.

As far as suggestions go, I would say the Polynesian, since it sleeps 5, and is a gorgeous resort!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Smile Re: Best way to book a WDW trip?

We have gone with a travel agent the past few years and have been very happy with it. It's also quite easy just doing it online yourself through the website. I guess it's all up to what your comfortable with. But I love being able to have someone else do the leg work for me and then get to enjoy it all in the end.
    If you want to have the magic right in front of you at all times....then in my opinion you can't go wrong with the polynesian. The rooms are large, and very nice since all the refurbs. The pool is wonderful. And the views can't be beat. You also have the convience of the monorail right there. Not to mention wonderful resturants. We are staying there again in August! HOpe you have a wonderful trip!!

If you are a AAA member and you book on the phone directly with Disney be sure to ask about discounts. I got 15% off my stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge next month.

I've been going to Disney close to 5 times a year. I always stay at the Contemporary concierge level an have my favorite concierge book my stay. One additional benefit is I ALWAYS get any ADR I want.

Look into Small World Vacations, they can book a "room only" reservation, and if you are AAA, give them your number and you'll still get the AAA discount on the room. If a better deal or package special shows, they'll notifiy you ASAP and rebook the better price.

I went to my local AAA office, and they wanted $200 more for the week at Riverside, saying that French Quarter (which IMHO the better part) was booked. Small World got me two rooms at French Quater, and saved money over AAA Travel. =-)

www.wdwvacations.com