After all the latest threads regarding SM & how management has gotten cheap again, I was wondering...How would you deal with Space Mountain?
By that I mean, what would you do to MK's Space in the future refurb of it? If money was not an issue and the sky's the limit, how would you improve WDW's sci-fi mountain?
For me, I would make sure a couple of things were accomplished:
That's all I can think of. None of mine are too startling. Just a mash of other ideas people have said. What would you do though? How would you handle SM's refurb?
- completely gut the queue - retain the layout but give it the feel of DL's. Everything, including the current entrance, a half-opened "gate", would make way for the newer SM style.
- completely gut the track - once again, retain the current layout but, with a completely rebuilt structure.
- New "Launch" & lift FXs - Complete with a new spaceship similar to the one Tokyo just got.
- add surprises along the track - not entirely sure about it, maybe metors and other "dangers".
- New "re-entry" tunnel - Of course, like DL's. Maybe even move the tunnel closer to the actual unload station.
- re-style the unload areas - they're just so bland right now! I mean, this area doesn't have to be as "majestic" or "powerful" as the load but, it definately needs more than wall carpet and regular lighting.
- New post-show - Hopefully something similar to what they've currently got. With that alien world feel to it. The top priority though, would be to get rid of those lame TV's and cameras at the end!