•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Traveling To, From, and Around WDW.

I recently visited WDW, from June 19th through the 26th. There were 3 of us flying on Ted. I would definitely, fly that airline again, legroom was sufficient. No delays or late arrivals.

We decide to forego, the Magical Express, and were greeted by a "retired gentleman named Ed", from Murray Hill Transportation Co. (1-407-658-2284). Ed was, indeed a real gentleman. He met us at baggage claim. We made a quick, but not hurried, stop at the Publix grocery store. We, safely, stopped for a group picture at the entrance sign for Walt Disney World. He played photographer, for us. Very nice, not having to try to snap a picture, as you drive by that sign.

WDW provides many different modes of transprtation. Our first evening, we took a boat, from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney. I also traveled the waterways, between the Ticket Center and the MK, and Epcot and the Beach Club. You can also get a boat to MGM, from the Epcot resorts. The Boat Transportation system is quite efficient, and there are helpful signs.

The largest form of transportion, is the bus system. It is quite efficient. My only complaint, is that the bus drivers need to make more announcements. Not everyone, is familiar with the routes, or the stops. I almost missed a PS, because I missed my stop. I had to then board a different bus, I was then delayed.

I think everyone likes the monorail the best. It is still a joy to ride. You hear people commenting, that it should go everywhere.

A traveling plus, for us was that we were able to check in for, our flight back home, at our resort. This meant that they issued us boarding passes, and took our bags. We were then able to drive back to the airport with Ed, from Murray Hill. He did not have to help us with any bags, and we could go straight through to security. Great time saver, and no hazzle at the airport.

So all in all, Transportaion wise, my trip was a "9". Make more announcents!
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 06-28-2005 at 06:18 AM. Reason: typos

• Banned User

Wow!!! You are the first person I have ever heard make a compliment concerning Ted, the airline, which is known to be quite bad in many respects, especially ontime performance, and lack of better service as opposed to other lines in their category such as JetBlue, Song and even ATA down in Midway airport.

As for the transport system at WDW.... Hmmm.... the fact that sometimes it takes an hour to get from point A to B makes it totally unreliable and un-user friendly. I am glad this service worked for you. Personally I think it's better to have your own car and move at whim as necessary within WDW and outside the property...if you don't mind paying a bit more for that. As for the monorail service... it's bad. No. Make that very bad. Always waiting for traffic clearance into TTC or MK stations. Then you are made to sitr there for minutes on end waiting to depart stations...especially if you are at one of the monorail hotels. As opposed to the many train/monorail services in the World, WDW's monorails are not operated for reliability and convenience, but more as an added attraction with very loud and annoying announcements that are mere ads for WDW.

But that is just my opinion.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Wow!!! You are the first person I have ever heard make a compliment concerning Ted, the airline, which is known to be quite bad in many respects, especially ontime performance, and lack of better service as opposed to other lines in their category such as JetBlue, Song and even ATA down in Midway airport.

As for the transport system at WDW.... Hmmm.... the fact that sometimes it takes an hour to get from point A to B makes it totally unreliable and un-user friendly. I am glad this service worked for you. Personally I think it's better to have your own car and move at whim as necessary within WDW and outside the property...if you don't mind paying a bit more for that. As for the monorail service... it's bad. No. Make that very bad. Always waiting for traffic clearance into TTC or MK stations. Then you are made to sitr there for minutes on end waiting to depart stations...especially if you are at one of the monorail hotels. As opposed to the many train/monorail services in the World, WDW's monorails are not operated for reliability and convenience, but more as an added attraction with very loud and annoying announcements that are mere ads for WDW.

But that is just my opinion.
    We had originally booked our trip with ATA. Since they no longer fly direct from Chicago, and left us with little time to make new plans, my only "good" option at the time was TED. It worked out great for us.

• Banned User

ATA shot themselves in the foot when they went into a code-share agreement with Southwest. Southwest requested ATA *not* to compete on the same non-stop routes which left ATA with no choice but to cancel nonstop service to quite a lot of the cities they used to serve from Midway nonstop...and Orlando was one of them. Southwest is like a bad virus to the Chicago market at Midway... sooner or later, once they accomplish getting all of ATA's gates and getting rid of them permanently... flying out of Midway will be quite expensive... mark my words.