• Really!?

WDW Transportation question

this site helps out even more than actually calling for info
    lol

but i have another question reguarding WDW/Universal Studios

Since we're staying at a resort hotel (boardwalk inn) is there a shuttle that will take you to Universal Studios as well as other WDW parks?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: WDW Transportation question

WDW and Universal are not connected to each other, related, etc. You can rent a car to go to Universal, or call Mears (which I believe has a shuttle service still to non-Disney parks).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Really!?

hmmmmmmmmm ok, well that kinda sucks
    but thanks

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah you'd have to rent a car or call a cab. Universal is about 10 miles up I-4 from WDW.

• Done and Gone

How much is a cab usually for this? Curious as to the car rental vs. cab to universal debate.

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm ok, well that kinda sucks
    but thanks
    I think you'll see that the current situation makes a lot of sense. Why would a company want to make it easy and convenient for their customers to leave that company's place of business in order to go give money to that company's direct competitor???

Kinda reminds me of when my wife and I started dating. We worked at the same retail store around the time of its grand opening. We went on about 3 dates, and were not yet dating exclusively (I was 18, she was 16). The store was crazy busy one night, and the manager announced in the afternoon that EVERYONE had to stay until about 11:00 p.m. regardless of when they were scheduled to be off.

My now-wife came to me to ask my help because I was sort of the leader of the peons at the store. She told me she had a date that night with a really popular guy who drove a new red Camaro, and she'd be really upset to miss that date. She pleaded with me to talk to the boss to let her out early. I looked at her and said with a smile, "Look, you can date whomever you want, but I don't have to help you do it!"

There was no advantage to me to help her date someone else. And there's no advantage to Disney to help its guests leave their property to spend money at their arch-competitor's place.

• Really!?

yes i understand that....... but it still sucks

• and too all a good fright

Definitely check mears. If your party is small it may be cheaper than renting a car.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    this site helps out even more than actually calling for info
    lol

but i have another question reguarding WDW/Universal Studios

Since we're staying at a resort hotel (boardwalk inn) is there a shuttle that will take you to Universal Studios as well as other WDW parks?
    Yes, Main gate taxi. www.maingatetaxi.com

Location Rate Per Person Universal Studios $14.00 Islands of Adventure $14.00 Wet n’ Wild $14.00 Sea World $11.00 Orlando Premium Outlets $10.00 Disney’s Theme Parks
    (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Animal Kingdom) $10.00

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    Curious as to the car rental vs. cab to universal debate.
    this all depends on how often you go from one place to another. because if you buy a car for like $150, then you only have to pay for gas after that, but if you are going to be leaving the park less often, take a cab. if you are staying in the park, dont take either, just use WDW transportation.
    cabs are expensive anywhere, so if you think you are gonna need a car often, then rent. if not, then use a cab.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    this all depends on how often you go from one place to another. because if you buy a car for like $150, then you only have to pay for gas after that, but if you are going to be leaving the park less often, take a cab. if you are staying in the park, dont take either, just use WDW transportation.
    cabs are expensive anywhere, so if you think you are gonna need a car often, then rent. if not, then use a cab.

You can also rent for only part of your stay and do your off-property stuff in the beginning of your trip

You can return National rentals at the Dolphin Resort. Just drive up to the front door and they will take your car and give you a receipt. Just make sure when you rent at the airport you tell them you want to return it at the Dolphin.

Then from the Dolphin its a nice walk over to Epcot and back to the parks.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony