Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Imagineering God

Arrow Disney's America (5th Gate Idea)

Ok, this is actually an idea I made up about a year ago during some sort of an Imagineering competition at VF, so the idea's old, but hopefully still is something.

Before I go on, I would like to remind everyone this is NOT the same exact park or layout that was gonna be built in Virginia, even though it has the same name.

Get ready for Walt Disney World's 5th Gate:

The park has 6 lands: Liberty Harbor, Oregon Trail, Hawiian Islands, Washington D.C., Paradise Pier, and Waterfront.

Liberty Harbor- Themed to Boston's harbor of the 1700s. The buildings around it are 1700's Boston style, and are made to the point that guests are striked with awe and immediatly are given the impression of the park when they walk in. There is a boat docked near by that looks like the boat from the Boston Tea Party. There is a hotel inside the buildings that surround the harbor (which I need a name for), and the lights that light the harbor are the lights from the hotel, hidden lights, and from the oil lamps in the area. The park entrance is a square before entering to the harbor area. The entrance admission is in the usual small building, but built to look like it's from that time period. In the middle of the small square between the admission area and the harbor is a fountain with a small statue of Washington and at the edge saying "Liberty and Justice for All". The Employees and CMs are dressed as if it were the 1700's.

Shops:
    Port of the Americas Emporium
    Liberty Harbor Trading Company
    13 Colonies Crystal and Watches
    Port Confectionaries
    Liberty Houseware
    Port Stationery
    Liberty Photography
    Souvenir Stands
    Wheelchair and Stroller Rental

Food:
    Governer's Palace
    Bayview Bar and Grill
    Liberty Cafe
    Port Bakery
    Ice Cream Parlor

Exibits: Governers Palace

Lake America- The 30 acre lake in the middle of the park. The park icon, the Statue of Liberty, stands in the middle of the lake. The Star Spangled Fireworks show goes on every night from the lake. There is an Ellis Island boat dock, which is one of the park's exibits. The S.S America, a boat that looks alot like DLR's Columbia, goes around the lake from the Ellis Island dock to the Hawaiian Islands dock.

Exibits:
    Ellis Island

Oregon Trail- Themed as a trading post/boomtown in mid-western America. The vegatation is mid western, and all the CMs and employees dress as if they were from the 1860's. At night, the only lighting is from the oil lamps hanging from street posts. The Indian Trail is one of the park's exibits.

Rides:

Conestoga Wagons-Ride on a journey into America's Wilderness. Be warned, you maybe stopped by native indians.

Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland-Take this train ride into Rainbow Caverns and Mid-Western America's Wilderness.

Shops:
    General Store
    Nature's Gifts
    Trading Post
    Indian Barters
    Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland Photos

Food:
    The Skillet
    Boomtown BBQ
    Rainbow Caverns
    The Canteen

Games:
    Rainbow Caverns Fishing

Exibits:
    Indian Trail

Hawiian Islands- The buildings in this area are rustic polyniesian, and near the volcano, the buildings are themed to an excavation base. The vegetation is tropical, and the lights at night are from oil lamps and torches on the buildings, the neon lights near Raging Spirits, the neon lights from the inside of the volcano, and the occational eruption from the volcano. The CMs and employees dress as if they were traders and diggers. The Pearl Harbor military base is one of the park's exibits.

Rides:
    Journey to the Center of the Earth-Explore into the Pacific Excavation Base and journey into the center of the earth. Must be 40" to ride.

Raging Spirits-Speed through the forbidden temple of the Island's Gods. Will you survive? Must be 42" to ride.

Wings over Iwojima- Soar and win to victory over the skies of Iwojima. Must be 36" to ride.

Shops:
    Gifts of the Gods
    Artifact Merchants
    Excavation Base Traders
    Raging Spirits Photos
    Journey to the Center of the Earth Photos

Food:
    Polyniesian Terrace
    Excavation Base Camp Grill
    Island Sweets

Shows:
    Island Rythm

Exibits:
    Pearl Harbor

Washington D.C.- The area looks like Washington D.C. from the 1870's. The street lamps are oil lamps, and the CMs and employees dress as if it were the 1870's. The building that looks like the Capitol Building is home of one of the rides. The American Archives is one of the park's exibits. The Americana Parade starts here.

Rides:
    America The Beautiful-Take a journey through the history of America. Sponsored by Bank of America.

Walt Disney's America Transit Tram Line-Take a ride along America's waterfront from Pennslvania Avenue to Broadway.

Shops:
    Jefferson's
    Patriot Perfume
    Ben's Inventions
    Americana Marketplace
    Capital Crystal

Food:
    Pennslvania Avenue Cafe
    Martha's Bayside Restaurant
    Patriot Sweets Wagon

Shows:
    America Sings

Exibits: Capitol Hill

Paradise Pier- Themed to the pier parks of the 1920's. The buildings are victorian, with stringlights around them. There are tall palm trees on the sides of the walkway that leads to the Cyclone. There are rides there that haven't been built for 70 years. The lights that turn on at night are the stinglights and light bulbs around the buildings and the aqua blue/green neon lights under the Cyclone.

Rides:
    Grand Carousel-Make timeless memories on this double decker carousel.

The Whip-Ride this classic that has been a staple for amusement parks of the early 20th century.

Cyclone-Speed on this legenday wooden roller coaster ride. From the top of the lift to the brakes, it is sure to make you scream. Must be 48" to ride.

Steeplechase-Make timeless memories on this single rail racer. Must be 36" to ride.

Wonder Wheel-Ride to the top of this ferris wheel and see America beyond the horizon.

Wave Swinger-Take a ride on this classic swingchair ride. Must be 40" to ride.

Shops:
    America's Postcards
    Cyclone Photos

Food:
    Boardwalk Food Stands
    Cotton Candy Vendors
    Popcorn Vendors

Games:
    Shooting Galleries
    Game Stands

Waterfront- Themed to New York City and Cape Cod of the 1920's. As you enter Waterfront, the main street is replicated after 42nd street, with the Coka-Cola sign on the building ahead of you and lit up signs for broadway shows on the buildings to the side. There are street lamps for lighting, and oil lamps in the Cape Cod area. There is a Titanic replica on the water, docked near Cape Cod. There is a bay that runs from the back of Washington D.C. to the edge of Waterfront.

Rides:
    Industrial Revolution Automobile Factory-Take a ride on this omnimover and see the inside of this factory, how the factory was powered, how cars were made then, and how they are made today. Sponsored by GM

Walt Disney's America Transit Tram Line- Take a ride along America's waterfront from Broadway to Pennslvania Avenue.

Shops:
    5th Avenue
    Broadway Souvenirs
    Aunt Peg's Village Store
    Steamboat Mickey's
    Storm Refuge

Food:
    New York, New York Bayside Delicatessen
    Joe's Brooklyn Style Pizza
    New York Deli
    Titanic Dining Room
    Catfish Cove

Shows:
    Lights on Broadway
    Legend of the Titanic

Games:
    42nd Street Arcade

Exibits:
    Automobiles, Now and Then
    The Titanic

Pictures:

Parade near Liberty Harbor

That's how the Cyclone's station will look like (Except it will say Cyclone on the top, not Racer).

Park Icon.

Park size: 230 Acres.

Transportation includes trams and a monorail.

Park Map:

Happy 4th of July!
    Last edited by CostaFreak; 07-04-2007 at 09:33 AM.

• Imagineering God

Re: Disney's America (5th Gate)

BTW, I'd just like to remind everyone that some of the attractions I mentioned didn't end up on the park map, just so you know.

• We'll hold them at bay

Its a great idea for certain. Unfortunately, there will never be a fifth gate
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Imagineering God

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Its a great idea for certain. Unfortunately, there will never be a fifth gate
    Well, we can never never say that, can we?

Trust me, 10 years down the road, after they've fixed and added to the other parks, they're gonna make a 5th one.

• World Traveler

I'm all for it. Good idea.

• Dreaming of Disney World

I love everything except the Pradise Pier area. How about you do something that goes with the Alamo or southern culture? You could do like Port Charlston or something.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Ya, it's a good start...but lets go for some ultra themeing right now. Embody all parts of america.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Imagineering God

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadunne View Post
    Ya, it's a good start...but lets go for some ultra themeing right now. Embody all parts of america.
    I would do that, but it would take too much space. I do plan an Old South area as an expansion with a Civil War fort and everything, but everything else I posted would be the stuff that the park would open with.

BTW, Paradise Pier is staying.

• Geoff London

Whilst it's a great idea I have to compare it with Anaheim's "California" park. It just didn't sell to Californians. Would "America" sell to Americans? DCA wasn't helped by the fact that they squeezed in all the rides and attractions that wouldn't fit into DL. The only saving grace was that it gave us "Soarin'". I like to think I know my American history and I've visited locations deliberately to get the essence of what occurred there. To see (and touch) THE LIberty Bell can't be replicated.Whether I want to spend a vacation in a distallation of this is anothermatter. I could see it as a land - rather like WDW's LIberty Square but as a 5th gate - I dunno. To stand where Adams and Franklin stood. To see the Constitution and Bill of Rights are unique experiences. To tour the Capitol building was every bit as exciting as visiting the Tower of London. To stand before LIncoln at his memorial - for Heaven's sake I'm a Brit. I love your country, its cultures, its people, its history. Whether that can be contained in a park.............????
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Imagineering God

^Well, the main reason I'm not a big fan of DCA is because they had proposed greater parks that never came to be.

Now, I have no idea why anyone would compare this to DCA. First of all, the level of detail in this park is supposed to be the level of, lets say, DisneySea (maybe a tiny bit less, but you know where I going). Plus, this is a country were talking about, not a state like California.

This park's job is not to replicate America, but to celebrate it.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: Disney's America (5th Gate Idea)

Quote Originally Posted by CostaFreak View Post
    Park Map:

this is just a crazy idea, but what if you shaped the park like the united states, then made each land in its own region? idk if these are official ideas or just of your own thought and could be shaped and molded however you wish, but yea, this is an amazing park! you have a very clever mind
    that would be really cool if WDI decided to make this park in the near future
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Imagineering God

^Funny thing is, I plan to work for WDI in the future.

• Geoff London

I wasn't trying to put a downer on your ideas - I was merely asking the question: "Would it sell?" By all means celebrate the USA and her achievements but could this be done in the context of a theme park? I visit the States to see the actual places - Yosemite, Tahoe, Crater Lake, Grand Canyon, Washington D C, New York, Disney etc etc. and there's tons more I want to see. I merely pose the question because your visitors won't just be Americans. If it encourages them to go see the real thing then that's all too the good. If it just becomes a Yankee Doodle set up then I can't see the dream lasting. I'm not knocking your artistic talents at all - that image of the ship shows your talents to the fore. But selling this to Disney is quite another matter. You should certainly follow your dream towards WDI. I wish you every success.
    Last edited by geoffa; 07-07-2007 at 04:04 AM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Imagineering God

All I know is that the idea is able to work, for many reasons I can't even explain.

BTW, thanks. I plan to apply for WDI strait after collage, but that's still a few years away.

• and too all a good fright

Overall, I think you have done a great job, but you may want to consider a few things in order to take your idea to the next level. Please take this as constructive.

How are you going to deal with touchy subjects?

Conestoga Wagons -- "You may be stopped by native indians (sic)". Yes settlers were attacked by Native Americans, but many feel this was because settlers were committing an act of genocide on native peoples.
    Wings over Iwo Jima --Though the US did win this battle, over 7,000 men died in battle. How do you address this?

Consistency

Hawaiian Islands --Were there major excavations of Hawaii? (I'm not up on my Hawaiian history so I don't know) If so when did these happen? Did this happen around the 1940s (Pearl Harbor). Your other lands seem to stick with a single time period.

Washington DC -- If Franklin, refers to Ben - Ben died in 1790 and his primary association is with the city of Philadelphia. The selection and establishment of DC as the state capital didn't occur until 1790. This seems out of place.

Waterfront - Themed to NYC and Cape Cod of 1920s - with a replica of the Titanic? The Titanic sunk in 1912. The industrial revolution in the US is generally regarded as being finished by the 1870's. Why is the auto plant in NY? This seems likes a bad fit.

Omission

The Civil War. The park completely ignores the south and omits the civil war. The civil war is a defining moment in American history. To not acknowledge it completely erases any legitimacy this park hopes to have.

I get the DCA comparison. Why would people in California want to visit a park about California when they can just visit it. By placing a park about America in the US, it raises the same questions. Why would I want to see a facsimile of historic Boston, when I can actually go see historic Boston. The same argument may be made for someplace like World Showcase, but I'd argue that locations within your own country are more accessible then foreign locations. And if you can afford the trip to a Disney Park, than you can afford the trip to just about anywhere else in the US.

Geoffa I definitely see your point. Independence Hall is sacred. Revolutionary Battle Fields are sacred. Why, because something actually happened there. Part of what makes these places interesting is that it is, in some small sense, its getting close to the stuff of history. Making the intangible tangible. Seeing the chair that Ben Franklin sat in during the Constitutional Convention is amazing because, he was there.

The question is, what does the park offer that the original site doesn't?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast