• Minion

A couple of questions about night time EMH?

My last WDW trip was in December 2004 right before EMH were started. Some Questions: (note I will be there 8/6-8/12)

1. Are all guests forced to leave then re-enter the park for EMH, or are people who don't have Disney Resort ID forced to leave, while those with Disney Resort ID can stay?

2. How bad are the lines? I will be spending most of the EMH days at MK and MGM, with possibly one EMH day at AK.

3. How many restraunts will be left open?

Thanks.

• Done and Gone

Re: A couple of questions about night time EMH?

1) There are spots that hand out wrist bands before park closing. Be sure to have your resort ID.

2)I usually lose my patience and don't last too long so I'm not the best to answer this. (It gets full and I leave.)

3) ?? Haven't thought of eating at that time, just more rides...

Good luck!

• I was deleted.

Just make sure you have your Room key/ID with you and you'll be fine. There are various wristband distribution locations throughout each park, so there's no worry about that. They start to distribute them a couple of hours before park close, so it is a good idea to get it before park close if you can.

The lines really can vary as it depends upon the time of year, weather, and park schedules. It shouldn't be too bad, but long waits might still occur. I would say to hit the key E-ticket attractions at the parks soon, especially at Studios. Watch the last showing of F! if you can as well. See the Great Movie Ride, Muppet*Vision and Mermaid at EMH night instead of during the day and check out the other shows and attractions then.

Select dining locations will reamin open during EMH, but by no means will all of them. The same goes for merchandise locations - especially specialty locations.

A listing of attractions and dining locations (and their hours of operation) will be listed in a special EMH Time Guide that you will get at the wristband distribution location. At Studios usually Rosie's on Sunset remains open and at MK usually part of Cosmic Rays is open and I want to say Pecos and Casey's as well.

If you have any specific questions you can always ask at your hotel as they answer many questions regarding EMH. When you check-in they will give you a schedule and it should list some attractions that will be open as well. I hope that answers your questions. Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    My last WDW trip was in December 2004 right before EMH were started. Some Questions: (note I will be there 8/6-8/12)

1. Are all guests forced to leave then re-enter the park for EMH, or are people who don't have Disney Resort ID forced to leave, while those with Disney Resort ID can stay?
    No one is forced to leave. There is no rule saying people without wristbands must leave. But since only people with wristbands are permitted on rides/in attractions, people without wristbands will just get bored to death and leave. They can hang around if they want, but there's really nothing for them to do.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    No one is forced to leave. There is no rule saying people without wristbands must leave. But since only people with wristbands are permitted on rides/in attractions, people without wristbands will just get bored to death and leave. They can hang around if they want, but there's really nothing for them to do.
    Well they can shop, and Disney loves nothing more than guests who shop instead of ride.

Yes. Non-resort guests are welcome to stay and spend on food, drink and Goofy hats.

They are also free to enjoy the atmosphere and breathe in the air at no adiditional charge.