Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: There are boat rides in World Showcase?

I make it a rule to never underestimate the intelligence of the average WDW visitor.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    In Baltimore it's 6:42, time for the eleven O'clock news.

Now where is THAT from ? (and its not Disney - not by a long shot)

-dave
    Kentucky Fried Movie

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Twice in the last week I have talked to people who have traveled to WDW several times and had no idea there were attractions in World Showcase.

Do people not use park maps?
    there's park maps?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Angry Re: There are boat rides in World Showcase?

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Here they are in left to right order. they may not be exact, but i might have it right(i do know what does/does not have rides)
    Mexico: El Grand Fiesta Tour starring the three caballeros
    Norway: The Maelstrom
    China: Reflections of china
    Germany: just exhibits
    Italy
    America: The American Adventure
    japan: exhibits
    morocco:exhibits
    France: exhibits (but an AWESOME pastry shop )
    UK: exhibits, but they have a beatles concert every once in a while
    Canada: O, Canada!
    and of course, my favorite:
    IllumiNations!!

Hey, has anyone been on El Grand Fiesta Tour?
    And how does it compare to the old El Rio Del Tiempo?

I loved that damn boat ride!
    Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived! Please give them a ring.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    You missed Impressiones De France, a wonderful and beautiful film. The music alone makes it worth seeing.
    oops, my bad. i just go to france for their AWESOME cappucino and creme brulee i have heard of the film, but i never took the time to see the show for myself

Spoiler
    it is not that bad, but not as goos as the original IMO. The new one has been disneyfied (my definition- classic disney characters and elements were added to the ride) with a plot that donald has been lost in mexico and the other two of the three caballeros have to search for him. the marketplace scenes, ancient mexico, and others were deleted from the show, but some like the cliff diving and beach scene are still in the ride, but added donald to the scenes (like scuba diving in the water) the end scene in the city is very similar, but like the boat that said like santa maria has been changed to the three cabelleros.
    Last edited by evanescence4ever; 07-07-2007 at 02:34 AM.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Minion

I have a friend who has been to WDW and didn't know what Big Thunder Mountain is, and that's part of the MK skyline. I am not surprised people don't know about the rides in the World Showcase.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Well thank God the wand was still there or they might not have even realized they were in Epcot! And people think it should be taken down. Oh the shame...
    The wand finally played a hand in seving a purpose - other than that of being an eyesore and the subject of public ridicule. Yay!

..tear the damn thing down as soon as possible, anyway!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Epcotcore View Post

The Fiesta Tour w/the 3 Amigo's is much more fun and exciting than El Rio Del Dampo. It's just as scenic and culturally immersive as many of the former attraction's sets that either remain in place or are modified.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2007 at 06:53 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

oops, my bad. i just go to france for their AWESOME cappucino and creme brulee i have heard of the film, but i never took the time to see the show for myself
    Spoiler
    it is not that bad, but not as goos as the original IMO. The new one has been disneyfied (my definition- classic disney characters and elements were added to the ride) with a plot that donald has been lost in mexico and the other two of the three caballeros have to search for him. the marketplace scenes, ancient mexico, and others were deleted from the show, but some like the cliff diving and beach scene are still in the ride, but added donald to the scenes (like scuba diving in the water) the end scene in the city is very similar, but like the boat that said like santa maria has been changed to the three cabelleros.
    I wanna do an international coffee tour of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I have a friend who has been to WDW and didn't know what Big Thunder Mountain is, and that's part of the MK skyline. I am not surprised people don't know about the rides in the World Showcase.
    This is S SAD.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I make it a rule to never underestimate the intelligence of the average WDW visitor.
    I always step up to defend the dumb guys, having a bad case of BDGS myself (Borderline Dumb Guy Syndrome). There's a big difference between park knowledge and intelligence. It's easy for all of us pros to sit back and laugh at the dumb folks who come into the parks and are overwhelmed by all that we take for granted. But it's entirely possible for your average midwest family (or even a sophisticated Manhattanite) to not only NOT do their research, but to not even know that there was so much that needed to be researched (long sentence!!). They only find out after they've wandered into Fantasyland and spent the better part of a morning there that there are actually more parts to the MK than just Fantasyland. To say nothing about there being other parks than just Disneyworld (what many still call the MK).

Now, it's an entirely different level of dumb guy that will ask a park employee what time the 3 oclock parade is. But just being confused, not realizing what all is in any given park - I'm betting that's far more normal than even we experts imagine.

Smile Re: There are boat rides in World Showcase?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Fiesta Tour w/the 3 Amigo's is much more fun and exciting than El Rio Del Dampo. It's just as scenic and culturally immersive as many of the former attraction's sets either remain in place or are modified.

Oh, ok SWEET!

I'm going August 9-21 and I can't wait!!!
    Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived! Please give them a ring.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I always step up to defend the dumb guys, having a bad case of BDGS myself (Borderline Dumb Guy Syndrome). There's a big difference between park knowledge and intelligence. It's easy for all of us pros to sit back and laugh at the dumb folks who come into the parks and are overwhelmed by all that we take for granted. But it's entirely possible for your average midwest family (or even a sophisticated Manhattanite) to not only NOT do their research, but to not even know that there was so much that needed to be researched (long sentence!!). They only find out after they've wandered into Fantasyland and spent the better part of a morning there that there are actually more parts to the MK than just Fantasyland. To say nothing about there being other parks than just Disneyworld (what many still call the MK).

Now, it's an entirely different level of dumb guy that will ask a park employee what time the 3 oclock parade is. But just being confused, not realizing what all is in any given park - I'm betting that's far more normal than even we experts imagine.
    To your credit, all of this is quite true, danyoung. But, what fun would it be to maintain a rational, sane and compasionate attitude all the time? ...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Epcotcore View Post
    Oh, ok SWEET!

I'm going August 9-21 and I can't wait!!!
    You are in for a real treat!

Don't forget to check out the Maelstrom boat ride over at the Norway pavilion, and the agricultural boat ride at Future World's The Land pavilion - along with Soarin" of course..

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I wanna do an international coffee tour of the world!
    did that in moderation. got two coffees each time i went to epcot. France has the best cappucino.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Iron-Clad Allie

did that in moderation. got two coffees each time i went to epcot. France has the best cappucino.
    Viva la French cappucino! Can't wait to hit France. Would i be allowed to enjoy a cup during the film? I'll certainly enjoy touring the pavilian's grounds with a good hot brew in my hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast