Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: There are boat rides in World Showcase?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    To your credit, all of this is quite true, danyoung. But, what fun would it be to maintain a rational, sane and compasionate attitude all the time? ...
    I guess I forgot for a moment where I was - a Disney online forum filled with nutcases like me!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I always step up to defend the dumb guys, having a bad case of BDGS myself (Borderline Dumb Guy Syndrome). There's a big difference between park knowledge and intelligence. It's easy for all of us pros to sit back and laugh at the dumb folks who come into the parks and are overwhelmed by all that we take for granted. But it's entirely possible for your average midwest family (or even a sophisticated Manhattanite) to not only NOT do their research, but to not even know that there was so much that needed to be researched (long sentence!!). They only find out after they've wandered into Fantasyland and spent the better part of a morning there that there are actually more parts to the MK than just Fantasyland. To say nothing about there being other parks than just Disneyworld (what many still call the MK).

Now, it's an entirely different level of dumb guy that will ask a park employee what time the 3 oclock parade is. But just being confused, not realizing what all is in any given park - I'm betting that's far more normal than even we experts imagine.
    I agree with you here, to see a different perspective my honey has no idea what parks have what rides. Mainly because he lets me lead him where we go, I guess he figures why does he need a map when he has a built in tour guide at home.

But he asks me silly questions all the time, my favorite to date is, "Where do you catch the monorail to MK?" (We were in MGM at the time. ) After I told him that the monorail only connects MK and EP he goes, "Well that doesn't make any sense, it would be more beneficial to connect all the parks via monorail." (Cost and all that other junk aside)

So while that question was a stupid and silly one to me, I understood why he asked it because to him he logically assumed that the monorail connected all 4 parks. So I try to be a little more understanding and helpful when people ask those kinds of things, because it's not that the person isn't intelligent, its that there is SO MUCH information to remember when you take a WDW vacation that even I learn something new every time I go.

Like last vacation, I took the wrong door to exit ToT in the boiler room, we ended up in a stairwell that had two doors. One said "backstage" and emptied into a parking lot and the other had warning signs that if anyone came near the door security would be called. (It was the mechanical room for the ride) So we all have our moments, in a place like WDW, some people have more than others.

• Minion

Wow - Speaking of people not knowing anything about WDW, two people who I work with are planning trips for the end of July to the beginning of August. The one was talking about EMH and keept saying "The day we arrive, Disney is open late so we can get that park out of the way". Then the other person was talking about going to Universal and IOA as well, and said "Well the Magic Kingdom and MGM are different parks right? Well with Universal that's 7 parks to do and then there's the waterparks too." Huh? 7 parks between Disney and Universal? My best guess is Universal, IOA, AK, MGM, MK, Epcot, and of course, DisneyWorld. Honestly, I just don't have the energy to correct them today.

• missing the DisneyGallery

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I wanna do an international coffee tour of the world!
    An Around The World with coffee. Great Idea. Somehow that should sit better the next day than a previous Around The World session. Somehow that African Beer at the Outpost really did me in the next day.

When attractions were original

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    But he asks me silly questions all the time, my favorite to date is, "Where do you catch the monorail to MK?" (We were in MGM at the time.
    Hey, it makes sense to me that Disney would have gone ahead and connected all of their parks by monorail!

Somehow that should sit better the next day than a previous Around The World session.
    One of the best things about the Food & Wine Festival is the Wine Drinking Around the World. So far I've never made it past the American pavilion in any one day, but there's always hope!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123