• KING OF CABMF'S

A few questions about the monorail.

Just this june i had bought a model of Disney's Contemporary Resort (the crazy disney freak that i am), and while we were on the monorail back to our hotel, i had a crazy idea: Why not make a monorail track that goes all the way around my room along the wall?!?! im going to have the Contemporary on my wardrobe thingy, and from there the monorail is going to go around my room on the wall, which will look pretty cool when the enture project is done. and now im buying monorail track left and right on ebay, but i have a few questions that i hope some of you guys may be able to answer:
    1. How much does the monorail TRAIN cost (that starter pack i guess) i have seen em up for $199.00 on websites, but i dont think disney has their's on the shelves for that much.
    2. i just bought a set of 4 curved monorail track pieces. does this mean that they will make a 180 degree angle, or a half circle if i connect them? (i need to know that so i can find out how many to get for a room with four corners)
    3. how much does the straight monorail expansion packs cost? i need to calculate how much money i will need to buy everything for my room.

Your ideas and answers are so very greatly appreciated!! whenever i actually get the project finished i will post some pics. im planning the supports to be placed on the wall for the monorail as i am typing this. so please let me know any valuable (or random i guess ) information because i really want to get this finished and move on to my next project: my closet (organized, but running out of space!!)
    Thank you all!!!!!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Sailing Away

Re: A few questions about the monorail.

I'm not sure about costs, but my Dad arranged his monorail so that it circles our basement - a complete circle. It can be done. The monorail actually runs around the ceiling. He built a platform that was wide enough to support the track and attached it to the wall. I thought he was crazy when he was setting it up, but it is rather cute now. I'll ask him how many curved pieces he used.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Re: A few questions about the monorail.

i believe in the parks they run around 60 bucks or so. We have an orlder model at our house that goes around the christmas tree every year. We also have a model of SSE, and the contemporary as well as the welcome sign and polynesian and Grand floridian platforms. I just wish there was room in our house to put the entire thing up.