• "There's always my way"

Lightbulb What Disney/Property would you make into an Attraction?

**ERROR WITH THREAD TITLE: I meant:

What Disney/Pixar Property would you make into an Attraction?

I can't help but notice how there are many Disney and Pixar animated movies that are yet to be made into attractions. I wanted to know what ideas you may have to make into a ride. What animated movie and what kind of attraction would you make into a ride? Also, where would you place the ride?

How about...(to break the ice)

Aladdin Adventure: next-gen 3D dark ride like spiderman where you board a "magic carpet" and fly around the many places of the movie including the cave of wonders. This could go on Adventureland to remove that magic carpet copy of dumbo. This could be placed by the Tiki Room area.
    Last edited by EPCOT1982; 07-05-2007 at 06:09 AM. Reason: error with thread title

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Swamp Thing

Re: What Disney/Property would you make into an Attraction?

Mickey Mouse Adventure - A dark ride that travels through the history of the mouse that started it all.

Herbie's Great Chase - A ride similar to Test Track centered around Herbie the Love Bug.

• This space for rent

A Tarzan inverted family coaster themed to the trees and vines in the movie, that wouldn't go upside down, and under the riders dangling feet have vines/tree limbs to give the effect of surfing/skating the vines and limbs like in the movie.

A dark ride of sorts themed to Treasure Planet's rocket powered sail/surf boards sequences, then onto the Treasure Planet itself.

The Aristocats : In the France pavillion, or in Fantasyland, at MK.

Lady and the tramp: Dont have any ideas but love the movie ;o)

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by Amora View Post
    The Aristocats : In the France pavillion, or in Fantasyland, at MK.

Lady and the tramp: Dont have any ideas but love the movie ;o)
    Good idea. Lady and the Tramp could actually go in Italy as some type of meet and greet by the new restaurant.

welcome to the forum.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    **ERROR WITH THREAD TITLE: I meant:

What Disney/Pixar Property would you make into an Attraction?

I can't help but notice how there are many Disney and Pixar animated movies that are yet to be made into attractions. I wanted to know what ideas you may have to make into a ride. What animated movie and what kind of attraction would you make into a ride? Also, where would you place the ride?

How about...(to break the ice)

Aladdin Adventure: next-gen 3D dark ride like spiderman where you board a "magic carpet" and fly around the many places of the movie including the cave of wonders. This could go on Adventureland to remove that magic carpet copy of dumbo. This could be placed by the Tiki Room area.

I want that too but didn't have 3D in mind. Here's a repost from an earlier thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

While it's fun to dream about the possibility (or impossibility) of Adventureland expansion, I made my ideas geared for Florida's Adventureland to replace the Aladdin Dumbo.

MAGIC CARPET: THE E-TICKET (replaces the carpet spinner ride)
    The queue for this attraction begins innocently enough.... in the Agrabah marketplace. Walk through assorted alleys and and displays of typical items found in Agrabah. Audio of merchants and buyers can be heard, making it sound like they're just on the other side of the wall.

By now, the guest has traveled indoors to Jafar's chamber where you see him (an animatronic) plot his plans to send Aladdin into the cave of wonders. The hourglass full of sand would be a cool effect with a projection of Aladdin onto it. And this is still the queue.

Agrabah soon becomes the dessert and the sky is certainly dark now. After you pass a dune, you see in the distance, the entrance to the Cave of Wonders. The queue leads you downwards as you continue to wait in line while passing mountains and mountains of gold and treasure. Audio of Aladdin and Abu wandering around can be heard echoing through the caverns. Most audible of course is "Abu, don't touch ANYthing!"

You board your coaster car (not suspended as you need to SIT into the magic carpet) and you go on your way. The first room you go into though is of course Abu grabbing the biggest gem ever. As he grabs it, that's when all hell literally breaks loose, the train zooms ahead (like ca screamin) as you careen through the cave of wonders escaping falling rocks, mountains of treasure, and exploding lava.

The climax of the ride is of course when the Genie is finally released from the lamp and he grants you a way out.

The End.

This would be the final stretch of the ride where you are confronted by tidal waves of lava, exploding balls of fire. A massive Genie comes alive (part animatronic part animated) that shoots a blast of fog and smoke against what appeared like a solid wall. You fly on through a tunnel of smoke (escaping the near head on collision with the wall) and you escape the cave of wonders and exit back into the saftey of Adventureland.

I can picture the exit spiel now.. "exit here, here or here or here or here... anywhere!"

Another concept I wanted to make was not for an animated property, but for a live action.

THE ROCKETEER ADVENTURE
    Being a fan of the film, I've always wanted a roller coaster that allowed you to fly like the Rocketeer. Now with coaster technology, it's actually DOABLE (see tatsu at six flags in california, and stealth at great america in northern california).

The vehicles: Sit in a chair with shoulder restraints in a row of four. Maybe sixteen people per vehicle. The seats then lie backwards as you now bcome parallel with the track (on your back). The backs of the train behind you resemble the rocket packs. Speakers are on each seat for some onboard sound effects (the sound of the jet pack, etc)

The queue: Wandering through the airplane hangar, you read on newspaper clippings that the Rocketeer is back (the rocket pack was destroyed in the film) framed on the wall. You also hear some popular tunes from a jukebox nearby. A plane belonging to Cliff Secord is just around the corner.

As you near the load station, you hear a radio news flash report that the gangster thugs are at it again, stealing millions worth in jewels (or whatever). They're calling for the Rocketeer for immediate help.

The ride: The ride begins as you travel (on your back) around the corner. You go up a lift track and stop when you're completely perpendicular to the ground (standing straight up). An animatronic of your pal Peabody (alan arkin) gives you a funny or serious comment (different everytime). "you look like a hood ornament"

At that point you launch straight up (like the maliboomer) and continue on your journey through the clouds as your vehicle eventually turns towards the ground as you fly like the rocketeer on a thrilling coaster journey.

You fly through 40's hollywood between buildings, chasing cars, and witness thugs firing at you with dazzling visual effects and sound. The bullets seem to miss you as you fly by. Eventually the chase comes to an end and the finale shows the thugs being cuffed by the cops.

You saved the day! Another radio report can be heard as you exit, detailing the daring and courageous adventure that you just experienced. Purchase your picture from the ride, resembling the front page of a newspaper with the headline "rocketeer saves day" or something like that.

This could go in MGM Studios maybe.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hola Yola!

This came up in the Disneyland Paris forum, but I would love to see a decent dark ride based on Scrooge McDuck and the whole Duckburg universe. Now that Mr Toad's Wild Ride is dead and buried it could be a cool update on the same concept as you swerve through Duckburg, avoiding the Beagle Boys and attempting to rescue some sort of treasure or some such nonsense and return it to Scrooge's money bin. That whole universe is so thickly populated with great characters that you could throw, for example, Huey, Dewey and Louie and Donald in there along with some of the more obscure ones such as Gladstone Gander and Magica DeSpell.

I know the references might be a little obscure for today's kids, but I really think these characters are under-utilized and it would make a cool update on the traditional Fantasyland dark rides. They may also sell some more DuckTales DVDs and comic books and all the characters are ideal for plush toys!

I think Nightmare Before Christmas, with its three "worlds", has tremendous potential. It could be like a darkride/coaster following the film's story. The scene with Jack's crazy sleigh ride could be amazing as a ride. It even has the classic Imagineering "something goes wrong" (where he's getting shot down).

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    This came up in the Disneyland Paris forum, but I would love to see a decent dark ride based on Scrooge McDuck and the whole Duckburg universe. Now that Mr Toad's Wild Ride is dead and buried it could be a cool update on the same concept as you swerve through Duckburg, avoiding the Beagle Boys and attempting to rescue some sort of treasure or some such nonsense and return it to Scrooge's money bin. That whole universe is so thickly populated with great characters that you could throw, for example, Huey, Dewey and Louie and Donald in there along with some of the more obscure ones such as Gladstone Gander and Magica DeSpell.

I know the references might be a little obscure for today's kids, but I really think these characters are under-utilized and it would make a cool update on the traditional Fantasyland dark rides. They may also sell some more DuckTales DVDs and comic books and all the characters are ideal for plush toys!

I agree. I would totally love to see more of Duck Tales. And the ride vehicle would be a no brainer too: Scrooge's Limo. Or it could be a crazy Launchpad Crash Course type plane ride through Duckburg. Either way, I think it would be a lot of fun.

• Hola Yola!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I agree. I would totally love to see more of Duck Tales. And the ride vehicle would be a no brainer too: Scrooge's Limo. Or it could be a crazy Launchpad Crash Course type plane ride through Duckburg. Either way, I think it would be a lot of fun.
    To be honest, I think DuckTales is one animated TV series they could bring back from the early 1990s and still find a decent audience for.

I also love the idea of orchestrations of the DuckTales theme as the score running through the whole ride. I swear not a single person would leave that ride without spending half the day humming that music to themselves! I think it has everything needed to make a good ride (quite a few obvious plotlines literally jump out at you straight away, the characters are great, and you even have decent music already written) except the benefit of being the big thing right now like Stitch or Pooh have been recently. It would also be more of a boy's ride than most of the Fantasyland rides.

People were saying over in the DLP forum that the comics are huge in Europe, though, so it would definitely be a great fit over there if only they had some money!

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    To be honest, I think DuckTales is one animated TV series they could bring back from the early 1990s and still find a decent audience for.

I also love the idea of orchestrations of the DuckTales theme as the score running through the whole ride. I swear not a single person would leave that ride without spending half the day humming that music to themselves! I think it has everything needed to make a good ride (quite a few obvious plotlines literally jump out at you straight away, the characters are great, and you even have decent music already written) except the benefit of being the big thing right now like Stitch or Pooh have been recently. It would also be more of a boy's ride than most of the Fantasyland rides.

People were saying over in the DLP forum that the comics are huge in Europe, though, so it would definitely be a great fit over there if only they had some money!

Or maybe take it one step further. Some parks can have Toon Town. But the lucky ones can have DUCKBURG! How about SEVERAL Duck Tales rides? Ooooh, I like the sound of that.