• Sock Puppet

MAJOR Mansion Drama

If u needed MORE proof that MK is in/entering the Pressler/Cynthia era on steroids, well HERES one. On MK on Sunday, HM closed at around 130ish and didnt open up again till 3. WHY? The Load belt BROKE. Which caused the wait time to BALLOON to 60min, the doombuggies in SLOW mode, 70, yes, SEVENTY buggies, WITHOUT audio, thats SEVENTY buggies WITHOUT Paul Frees, Little Leota was 101, which btw, is a 101 figure, which means that if shes 101, HM should be CLOSED. Also, the "Donald Face Chair" in teh Endless Hallway was GONE, replaced by a much smaller chair.

• Banned User

O Town... are you really surprised?

• Minion

That is sad indeed... keep us posted!

• Circle of Ancients

Wowsers! That's all I can say. I am glad that I will be visiting Disneyland this year! I feel sorry for all of you East coasters. The Mansion over at DL looks fantastic with all of its updates. I hope that this problem gets fixed.

• A Real Disney Attraction

This is no suprise .. I haven't seen Mansion in even decent shape since, I don't know, 1999....

Other than the interior of Splash, Mansion is by far the largest embarrasment at WDW, it was REALLY bad in Summer '02.

But why get all bent out of shape? Who cares about show quality; people should be busy scewing around with their light-up pins and talking plushes while on attractions anyway.
    -Mike

^^^Now, you get what a magical WDW vacation is all about!

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: MAJOR Mansion Drama

Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    Other than the interior of Splash, Mansion is by far the largest embarrasment at WDW, it was REALLY bad in Summer '02.
    I've been there the past 2 weeks and Splash Mountain looks perfect. HM, however, is in need of a rehab. The "elevator" room walls are distorted, partly ruining the stretch effect, and I was there the day the audio completely stopped. It was kind of awkward going through it without audio. Luckily, I've been to WDW enough times that I know the script anyway.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Maybe we need to clone CM Matt from DL and bring him over to WDW...

I am really angered by some of this condtions i have hard and seen...

• *twisted every way*

On 7/3:

HM was closed for a large amount of the day

Splash MT was closed for a large amount of the day

Space Mt was closed for at least 3 hours

COP had a 30 minute closure due to a guest trying to leave during the ride

Not good for a very busy day

• Future CEO

On 7/6 I was at MK and I rode Mansion. My doombuggy's audio kept cutting out (I was with 1st time riders too!) and at the end I noticed that Little Leota wasn't working. I reported Lil Leota to the CM at the end of the ride only to not get a response from the woman. I repeated it again and she continued to ignore me, so I left. Perhaps she didn't know what Little Leota is? I always make it a point to tell a cast member when something isn't working correctly and I usually get a response, even on Mansion. (They're supposed to be "rude" and somewhat scary) It is upsetting that this has been a recurring problem this year since Jun 28. Up to that point Disney had 9 - NINE - 9 days to fix the issue!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Folks, feel free to send me photographic proof of broken and rundown elements of the Florida parks and I'll add an ongoing Disney World Blues section to the weekly MiceChat Update. Online photos tend to result in positive results (at least it worked at Disneyland). Also, don't forget to complain at City Hall on your way out of the park - But don't tell them that you are a passholder, they don't take our comments seriously.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

^^^GREAT advice, Dusty.

If you guys/gals truly want things fixed at WDW, NOTHING works better than embarrassment. Period. Media monitors these boards. Disney PR weasels monitor them. Even execs take a gander from time to time.

If you don't think people at Team Disney pay a lot of attention to what is said/shown here, you are very mistaken.

TAKE PICS folks. Send them in. Get them posted ... and watch things get better. Sadly, it is the only way.

I'd do so, but I'm on my way to DL this week where everything just keeps looking better. I'm sure Al Lutz and sites like this had nothing to do with it too ... yeah, and I also believe we're winning the war against the terrorists too!

• Minion

We also have a growing collection at www.d-troops.com. (And I'm not linking to plug the site per se... I'm linking because there's a lot that needs to be said and seen, no matter where it is).