View Poll Results: Are you sad to see the wand go?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck no- I hate that thing! it destroyed the beauty and scale of SE

107 72.30%
  • Yes- I love the wand. It gave color and character to the bland SE.

12 8.11%
  • I don't care- I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about this.

29 19.59%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Are you sad to see the wand go?

ON another board I go to, I was very surpised to see how many people liked the wand and are really sad to see it go. It was actually split about 50/50 for people for and against the wand. It seemed to correlate to when guests visited WDW for the first time... if their first trip was post- wand, they liked it and were sad it was coming down.

Here, everyone seems anti-wand, so I was curious- are there some closeted wand-lovers amoung us? Feel free to post anonomously- are you sad to see the wand go?

• Defying gravity

Re: Are you sad to see the wand go?

I'm coming out of the closet - I like the wand! It gives an extra amount of pizzaz to SE, especially when the sky is washed out. Without the wand, SE will just blend in with the sky.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    Feel free to post anonomously
    How?

• Little Miss Sunshine

I am actually surprised how many people like it as well.

I don't like the wand, the stones, or the MGM hat. I'd like to see them all gone! At least this is something. It was VERY hard to take photos of the very nice Pirate topiary this year without looking like Mickey was trying to give it a probe.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

There is no accounting for taste. People have made Johnny Knoxville a very wealthy man. And we all know how popular WalMart is to many Americans.

But putting a cartoon wand on SSE is the equivalent of walking into a cathedral and drawing on the walls ... or splashing a can of paint on your white car. Sure, some people may prefer it that way, but it doesn't matter.

The designers of SSE never intended for their creation-- a timeless homage to an endless journey -- to be desecrated by a cartoon wand and hand that says 'yeah, bumpkins, this place is part of Disney World' ... much like BAH at the Studios. If really doesn't matter if you like it or not ... it does matter that it was never intended to be plopped down in the middle of Hollywood Blvd and ruin the scale of the park.

But I was just thinking the other day about Bob Weis, Disney-MGM's lead designer, having just returned to the company (albeit to work on the massive changes coming to DCA) and all the Pixar and Lucas related plans for the park, and I couldn't help but think for the first time since it was built that 'that hat may not be there in five years.'

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    How?
    The poll is anonymous...so if you want to just reply to the poll no one will know which option you chose.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Tear down the wall, tear down the wall uh I mean wand....
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Shablagoo!

I'm not really sad to see it go. I was there when they were putting it up. I was also there when they changed the top from 2000 to Epcot. I like the wand. I just think it has bad placement. Put it with the MGM Sorceror Hat in Downtown Disney for a pin store I say.

• Yes?

I really don't care. Change is inevitable...change=wand went up...change=wand coming down. Meh...
    Last edited by EvilQueenRocks; 07-05-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    am I the burrito man?

• Minion

I'm glad to see it come down. I think it had its place back in the year 2000 and served its purpose. Like a lingering houseguest with bad gas, it's now worn out its welcome and is time for it to go.

• If We Can Dream It...

You can call me a fence-sitter if you want...I'm not as hyped as others about it leave but, at the same time I'm sort of going into wandless-SSE withdrawl. I mean I never really loved it but, with it having been there nearly a decade now, it sort of dominates my memory of Epcot and of SSE. In a way, I wish they could find a new use for it somewhere else on property. Somewhere, where it thematically fits. Say as a piece of advertisement "art" along WDW's highways or as a part of the extremely bland TTC & surrounding parking.

Whatever, I'm glad that Disney did something to please its fans. The gesture alone makes me one happy camper!
    - Horizonsfan

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Like a lingering houseguest with bad gas, it's now worn out its welcome and is time for it to go.
    That's a pretty strong analogy there! I'm glad to see it go, too. I hated having to frame my pictures just right as to not cut off half of the wand.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Disney: A Way of Life

I liked the wand back in 2000, a new touch to EPCOT, but now the SSE structure is fixed as a large advertisement for EPCOT instead of what it's original design and purpose was for. I am glad to be able to look at the large golf ball (as I thought when I was younger) and see the purpose of the ride and EPCOT itself; instead of a big-come-to-EPCOT-sign
    "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I really don't care. Change is inevitable...change=wand went up...change=wand coming down. Meh...
    That's a reather lousy argument. Why not just make Wonders of Life into Jack Sparrow's Wonders of Life? How about Jack Sparrow in Space Mountain? I mean, it's all change. Right?

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That's a reather lousy argument. Why not just make Wonders of Life into Jack Sparrow's Wonders of Life? How about Jack Sparrow in Space Mountain? I mean, it's all change. Right?
    Did you miss the part where I said I didn't care...? No argument here unless you wanted to start one? And what you are talking about would change the actual attraction contents itself, the wand didn't change the contents or purpose of SSE.
    am I the burrito man?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast