Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

I'm going to WDW in October!

We are DLR AP holders and visit a few times a year. We had been planning a trip to WDW in March. We decided that the free dining offer was just to good to pass up so....we decided to go October 1st for 8 nights! I just booked it this afternoon. I am so excited, I can't wait. We haven't been since '99. My kids were only 3 and 5. We are staying at the AS Music. Pop was all full.
    I am sure that I am going to have a ton of questions for you guys. I hope I don't drive you crazy.

• On Autopilot

You better go during a Mickey Halloween party! we went and the attendance was so low we rode space mountain consectutively three times in a row! *falls off her soap box*

take my word for it, the extra bucks are worth it, but if you've got it all planned out, I won't force ya.... *hides guns and kunais* eh heh

• Minion

Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know about that! It's weird not knowing exactly what to expect, I am so used to going to DLR and being a veteran.

• Banned User

Do go to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Do go to Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party!
    Now I've got to talk my husband into spending the extra $$$ for this!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Lucky- I am green, every time I come home I get envious of everyone is going-

Woo hoo - same situation here! Couldn't pass up the free food and ended up with All Star Music as well, lol! Sept 28-Oct 4th. Perfect for beginning of MNSSHP and F&W!!! Can't wait! Minor detail - airfares from LAX aren't looking so good at the moment

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    Woo hoo - same situation here! Couldn't pass up the free food and ended up with All Star Music as well, lol! Sept 28-Oct 4th. Perfect for beginning of MNSSHP and F&W!!! Can't wait! Minor detail - airfares from LAX aren't looking so good at the moment
    It's funny, I added airfare to my package and it was cheaper than anything I could find on my own!

• On Autopilot

well for flights.. we can fly for free.. but that's a secret!

Also, how old are yer kids? If those are your kids in your avatar I can safely say that they won't stand in line for candy but use the time for mondo rides!

Be forewarned that you MUST be sure of what time the tickets are for and some rides are closed during the party (The time keeper was closed to house Sora n' pals from Kingdom Hearts)

• Minion

My kids are 9 and 11 (Yes, that's them in my avatar). Yes, I'm sure that we will be much more likely to spend time riding rides. My daughter (9) may want to get some candy though! We are pretty into Halloween so I think that we would enjoy the atmosphere too.

Disney Resort

Hello!!!! Wow I am already jealous that your going to Disney World, even though my husband and I just got back. I just love it there. We have been several times and I just wanted to know if you have ever stayed at an All-Star Resort before? We normally would NoT choose a value resort but we had to stay there for a cheerleading competition of my nieces a few years back. We stayed at the All-Star Music and it was absolutley disgusting, there were dead mosquitoes on the wall, and you could hear every little noise from the room next door. Please don't take this the wrong way if you have stayed there before and enjoyed it, but maybe staying at a moderate resort like the Port Orleans Riverside would be better. I know your probably like oh my gosh shes really rude, but thats what everyone thinks when they look on my profile and see I'm from Beverly Hills. My family is not so "were rich and so were better", if you know what I mean, so please please don't take my opinion the wrong way. Well anyways, I hope you have a absoultely wonderful time on your trip, Disney World is one of the best vacations you can go on!!!!!!
    Megan

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xomegan06
    Hello!!!! Wow I am already jealous that your going to Disney World, even though my husband and I just got back. I just love it there. We have been several times and I just wanted to know if you have ever stayed at an All-Star Resort before? We normally would NoT choose a value resort but we had to stay there for a cheerleading competition of my nieces a few years back. We stayed at the All-Star Music and it was absolutley disgusting, there were dead mosquitoes on the wall, and you could hear every little noise from the room next door. Please don't take this the wrong way if you have stayed there before and enjoyed it, but maybe staying at a moderate resort like the Port Orleans Riverside would be better. I know your probably like oh my gosh shes really rude, but thats what everyone thinks when they look on my profile and see I'm from Beverly Hills. My family is not so "were rich and so were better", if you know what I mean, so please please don't take my opinion the wrong way. Well anyways, I hope you have a absoultely wonderful time on your trip, Disney World is one of the best vacations you can go on!!!!!!
    I appreciate your input, and I don't think that you are rude at all.

I stayed at the All-Star Sports back in '99 and it was fine. I have read a few bad reviews of these hotels, but a lot more good ones. The thing is...we looked into a Moderate hotel and it would cost us $500 more for the week! That seems like a lot when all we are going to do there is sleep, you know? Maybe I will do some more looking into it, thank again for your input.

Does anyone else have any experience w/ the AS Music?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL
    I appreciate your input, and I don't think that you are rude at all.

I stayed at the All-Star Sports back in '99 and it was fine. I have read a few bad reviews of these hotels, but a lot more good ones. The thing is...we looked into a Moderate hotel and it would cost us $500 more for the week! That seems like a lot when all we are going to do there is sleep, you know? Maybe I will do some more looking into it, thank again for your input.

Does anyone else have any experience w/ the AS Music?
    No, but I can tell you that when my mom went in 2003 we had trouble getting picked up with the shuttle the one time we used it! We were at DD at the stop by PI and were trying to get back. We had literally JUST missed the bus and the next one didn't come for 40 min! Apparently all of the All Star buses kept filling up at the Marketplace entrance and so they didn't come to the other one and it took a while to get a bus over to us.

During our nine day stay, one night they didn't clean our room and forgot new towels a couple of times. We also found limited parking in the parking lot, especially when we would get back from the parks late (aka after they closed). Other than that it was fine.

On another note I will be there on the college program when you visit! I hope I can meet you and your kiddies!

• Supreme Chancellor

I may be going in November, still don't know yet. I had an idea that Disney should make theme hotels based on the different lands in the park, like a Tomorrow Land hotel or an Adventure Land hotel

• Supreme Chancellor

The only problem I ever had at Disney World was the last time I was there. It was at the Sci-Fi restaurant at Disney/MGM. First, there wasn't a lot on the menu for a vegetarian, so I just ordered some french fries. The waiter took a while, and when he finally brought them there was no ketchup, so I asked for some. By the time he got back (like 10 minutes later) the fries were getting cold. I told him that and he was kind of a jerk about getting me new ones.

Then at the end we paid him for the bill and he was supposed to come back with change, which was like 2.34 or something like that. Instead, he just comes back with the two dollars, so we didn't leave a tip. He would have had a bigger tip if he didn't keep the change

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast