Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Who has rode the Universe of Energy?

I wish they would abriviate the beginnign and end about energy and just let us enjoy the dinosaurs.

I have once. And that was enough
    Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived! Please give them a ring.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

• Santa Barbara, CA

the version in there now with ellen is lame.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I think that the current version, with Ellen, is far better than the previous version. I also agree that the attraction is a little dated. But then again, aren't Dinosaurs. As far as the ride length goes, it is long, but the time goes by fast. Besides, in the summer it gets you out of the blazing sun for almost an hour to cool off and relax. Grab a bottle of water and relax.

The problem today is that people don't lesisurely go through the pars anymore. This is most noticeable at The Magic Kingdom where everyone is rush rush rush. They think they have to see every nook and cranny in a day. And then when they don't they cry because they didn't see or experience everything. People need to realize that are NOT going to see everything Disney World has to offer in a few days or a week. Enjoy what you can, and then come back later and see the rest.

When you get that fast pass for Tower of Terror, don't run off to Star Tours on the other side of the park and then run back to the tower an hour or two later because of your fast pass. Wait in line for the Rock n Roller Coaster or see the Beauty and the Beast show, do some shopping on Sunset Boulevard, have an ice cream or Turkey leg or a bite to eat. then when the time for your fast pass is there, head back to the Tower.

Avoid the Fast Pass altogether and just wait in the lines. You'll find it to be less stressful, and not as tiring. Work your way around the park, don't run from one side to the other and back and forth.

• Iron-Clad Allie

When it looked like I would have the opportunity to ride the Universe of Energy, there was a power outage.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I think I rode the original version once and the Ellen version twice. The part with the dinosaurs is cool but the rest is a total snooze-fest. It wouldn't be so bad if the damn thing wasn't so long (it's a 45 minute show)!
    What about Bill Nye? lol.

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    What about Bill Nye? lol.
    He's alright, he doesn't bother anyone. The dinosaurs part is the best part but the education portion is all about what the idea for EPCOT Center was meant to be.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• back to WDW in January

See this recent thread with a similar theme and info: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...light=Universe

• World Traveler

UoE isn't one of my favorites. I haven't been on it in years.

• Herbie53

Whenever they put recognizable people in, they run the risk of them beginning dated. is bill nye even on tv anymore? i like him, so i don't mind, but do any kids know him? wasn't the point to get kids interested in this as well?

i do think it's all a bit long, but i also think it's entertaining. i think the aa figure of ellen looks horrible, though.

i think epcot is suffering from not knowing whether they want to continue going in the direction of education or just entertainment. it was supposed to be all educational and all originally, but i think it's mixed up now.

anyway, go to the bathroom before you ride ellen's energy adventure! trust me!!
    Favorite sites of the moment:
    Mice Age
    Mouse Clubhouse
    TV Shows on DVD

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It's a good thing you don't know my last name!! lol, j/k... but then again... BILL NYE THE DISNEY GUY... Hmm, it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Bill Nye is also in the preshow for Dinosaur at AK. And he used to have a show at Innoventions!
    -Bill

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It's a good thing you don't know my last name!! lol, j/k... but then again... BILL NYE THE DISNEY GUY... Hmm, it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Bill Nye is also in the preshow for Dinosaur at AK. And he used to have a show at Innoventions!
    Bill Nye has done a bit more than that at the parks! From off the top of my head, he has appeared in:

• Ellen's Energy Adventure
    • Dinosaur (aka Countdown to Extinction)
    • Innoventions (original show which had the very memorable popping out of the screen effect)
    • Innoventions (second attraction w/ Tony Hawk)
    • Cyberspace Mountain (DisneyQuest simulator)
    I seem to remember him being involved in a couple more smaller attractions within FW, but I can't quite remember what they were...

Science is cool!

Anyway, back on the topic...

I love the UoE in the original and current forms. Of course, those dinos were my reasoning for riding the original ride when I was a kid....

I do find the Ellen's Energy Adventure to be rather entertaining... there's just so much tribute to the original attraction and other inside jokes to be found in it! Who cares if the clothes are a bit dated? It still remains entertaining for me after all these years.

I hate the Ellen animatronic, though. One of the worst ever created. It looks like a department store dummy.

The first time I was on it, I rode alone. Saw how great it was then tried dragging my mother into it. She was not very willing to do anything that had Ellen in it -- this was after the coming out. Not a very pleasant time spent listening to her comments through the film. A bit embarrassing. But, she finally admitted that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be -- but still, she thought it'd be better without Ellen.

Oy.
    -Tim

• MA Reader Since 2003

Re: Who has ridden the Universe of Energy?

If you like long interesting attractions where you can just sit back and relax then you will love it. If you are an adrenaline junky then you might get bored. Personally I thought it was awesome it is a very unique attraction which is why I like it.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

Pretty dated, but I'll certainly miss it when it goes. It's so fun! And the preshow is hilarious...

Certainly much better than the snoozefest that it replaced.

• Say no to Assimilation

It is the best place in Epcot to take a nap. Seriously! It's dark, cool, and 45 minutes long. Whenever I need a quick snooze, that is where I head.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast