Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I the only one who found tapestry of dreams really annoying?

I was reminded about that parade on the over-rated/ under-rated attractions thread. I just really disliked tapestry of dreams and I am so glad they got rid of it... I don't think that world showcase was designed to have a twice nightly parade run through it! The stuck-on tape on the pathway of world showcase for it was ugly, and it always was running during the times I was trying to rush to a dinner reservation. It was too long, the music was too repetitive, and it just really got in my way (personally). I hope they don't ever do a parade in World Showcase again.

Am I the only one who found it really annoying?

• This space for rent

Re: Am I the only one who found tapestry of dreams really annoying?

Personally I wouldn't say annoying, but I didn't really care for either version of the parade, but then again I'm not a parade person either.

• Huh?

Tapestry of Dreams was annoying. Tapestry of Nations, not so much. I loved the music of it and when they cheesed it up with the Dreams incarnation, that's when I stopped caring for the parade.
    -Tim

• See you there!

Personally, I did not find the parade itself was particularly annoying. I only got to see it two or three times. The problem I had with it was that it made the World Showcase almost impassable for an 60 to 90 minutes prior to the parade and at least 30 minutes after. I just don't feel the World Showacse is a place for a parade, I like more transitory, localized entertainment on the World Showcase.

There were many things I enjoyed more than the Tapestry of Dreams, like the Millennium Village area.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

I agree that the Dreams incarnation was corny and ruined it for me. I love the music from that parade as well.

It definitely was murder getting around WS, though.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

I really saw no difference between the two incarnations- were they that different?

I guess I was too busy trying to squeeze past it on my way to my priority seatings to notice.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yes, the music was very different, screaming kids were added in for the Tapestry of Dreams Soundtrack, and the Sage of Time was replaced with Dream Seekers.

But as far as World Showcase... it was designed to have a parade. It even had a parade upon opening. But it didn't go well, simply because by the time the parade got to you, you had already seen the entire parade just by looking across the lagoon.

So the parade only lasted a few weeks from opening. Through the years, random carts and planters were added throughout World Showcase. As a result, the once excellent parade route became cluttered with merchandise carts and margarita stands. That is why the Tapestry Parades had such a large problem with Crowd Control. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they simply moved some of the carts around in different areas. But that would cost $$$.

And so your history lesson is complete!

And to make you feel even worse, your dinner reservations are good until the restaurant closes. You're on vacation. No need to rush through a parade!
    -Bill

• Geoff London

Loved Tapestry of Nations although it did cause people movement problems around World Showcase. Have the soundtrack and it brings back great memories of a Millennium trip.
    Tapestry of Dreams - why did they bother?
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• KING OF CABMF'S

I was just wondering why you couldn't just reply to that thread and tell us what u thought, because i was the one that said i liked the Tapestry of Dreams, then someone else was telling me that the parade was horrible.
    but when i said my thoughts this whole thing erupted and now there is thread making fun of a parade that i liked when you could have just posted on the overrated and underrated thread.
    That's it. im getting into too many fights on Micechat, and people are taking things too seriously when all i said was that i liked the tapestry of dreams.
    this is not thread worthy, no offense.
    im questioning quitting micechat.
    because of this. it may not seem like a big deal but this almost like an attack to me. it would be like you saying that you like something others dont then someone else telling the world that thing sucks, which to me makes me upset, because that is the first parade that i would ask my parents to being me to, and after it stopped i got upset. so maybe it did seem corny and childish, but i liked it. it was not annoying to me. and you have to post a thread saying it sucks because i simply said that i like the ride.
    im not getting overworked so please dont say that i am, and im not trying to personally attack anyone so please dont say that i am, even though it may seem like that, but this is jusy my opinion on this thread and the entire tapestry of dreams argument that ended two days ago...
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

while i liked the concept of each parade, the actual enacting of either of them was a nightmare. those huge puppets were dangerous, not only for the puppetteers(SP) but for the crowd because the area was so crowded. I did like the drummers though, but we are a family of percussionists so watching those guys play those revolving drums was lots of fun. Epcot as it is now isn't suited for parades because areas are too congested. I prefer the smaller area entertainment in WS and of course illuminations.

• May the F=ma be with you

I think that the soundtrack is great for both. I also really like the pop-up lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• They wanna know, HO!

There are quite a few differences between ToN and ToD beyond what meets the eye.

-Sage of Time intro and the opening part of the parade. Offers a story and builds up the music. Compare this with the jolt that is ToD.
    -Sage of Time narration much better written than the Dreamseaker's parts.
    -No choppy editing of the music including the poor removal of the Millennium Celebration music.
    -No "Walt Disney once said this!" part (no that's not a direct quote from the parade)
    -The puppets went all together in segments, opposed to sending out one segment of puppets with one hammered man and disk man.
    -No annoying instruments on the puppets.
    -Different choreography that was more classy.
    -No annoying kids.
    -In the middle of the parade (where the "Walt Disney once said!" was in ToD) all the lights would go out, disco balls ontop of the drum units would turn on and spin, making a cool star effect, as the puppets would glow and dance on the promenade. Very cool.
    -Sage of Time stand at the exit and watches the parade exit the promenade. Each puppet bows to him, and he waves them through. Nice little touch.
    -Puppets have different personalities.

Here's a much better version of the parade....

[GOOGLEVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8097388846876116016[/GOOGLEVIDEO]

And here's the routes, with the times they were run...

The Sage of Time started at each of the three starts, and moves to the end of their route. With ToD, there were 3 total DreamCatchers with two starting at each of the two starts, at the middle of the parade when everyone is out, the dreamcatcher (w/ dreamseakers) in Germany go over to the next parade, finishing that one up, while the one in Morocco leaves the route, and in Mexico another new one enters, to finish up the parade...
    Last edited by testtrack321; 07-06-2007 at 09:41 PM.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321 View Post
    There are quite a few differences between ToN and ToD beyond what meets the eye.
    Great list of differences (and video) - that's very helpful for jogging my memory about the differences between the two!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    I was just wondering why you couldn't just reply to that thread and tell us what u thought, because i was the one that said i liked the Tapestry of Dreams, then someone else was telling me that the parade was horrible.
    but when i said my thoughts this whole thing erupted and now there is thread making fun of a parade that i liked when you could have just posted on the overrated and underrated thread.
    That's it. im getting into too many fights on Micechat, and people are taking things too seriously when all i said was that i liked the tapestry of dreams.
    this is not thread worthy, no offense.
    im questioning quitting micechat.
    because of this. it may not seem like a big deal but this almost like an attack to me. it would be like you saying that you like something others dont then someone else telling the world that thing sucks, which to me makes me upset, because that is the first parade that i would ask my parents to being me to, and after it stopped i got upset. so maybe it did seem corny and childish, but i liked it. it was not annoying to me. and you have to post a thread saying it sucks because i simply said that i like the ride.
    im not getting overworked so please dont say that i am, and im not trying to personally attack anyone so please dont say that i am, even though it may seem like that, but this is jusy my opinion on this thread and the entire tapestry of dreams argument that ended two days ago...
    Am I the only one who can't understand what the foregoing is all about? The original poster on this thread (Nom) asked if we found Tapestry of Dreams annoying. My answer is YES! That plain enough an answer?
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Little Miss Sunshine

I wasn't really a big fan of either.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast