• Destroyer of Mallcore

Simple trip question

Well I was supposed to go to a trip to Hamburg, Germany but that seems like it wont happen so I thought perhaps this year I could go to WDW for the first time, ever! My fiancee' thought it would be a great replacement but her mom doesn't trust me alone with her daughter for 6 nights but anyways, there still might be a chance since her mother is known for being bipolar. The question is, how much would you recommend taking for a trip starting Aug 14 - 21 for two thrifty young adults who don't mind saving a penny but don't want to penny pinch too hard?

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: Simple trip question

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    Well I was supposed to go to a trip to Hamburg, Germany but that seems like it wont happen so I thought perhaps this year I could go to WDW for the first time, ever! My fiancee' thought it would be a great replacement but her mom doesn't trust me alone with her daughter for 6 nights but anyways, there still might be a chance since her mother is known for being bipolar. The question is, how much would you recommend taking for a trip starting Aug 14 - 21 for two thrifty young adults who don't mind saving a penny but don't want to penny pinch too hard?
    August is a peak season. there aare long lines, booked restaurants, booked hotels, just not the best time to go. unless you like to get to the park at the opening time like me, then you will be okay getting to the major rides first. the best time to go is in october, because everyone is back in school and no major hilodays are during that time (halloween does not count) so if at all it is possible to go during that time, then i say go in october, but if not, then go in august, because it is very true that people are getting ready to go back to school at that time, so there may be shorter lines (i stay away from disney in the summer) as for penny pinching? dont count on it. food and souveniers at Disney are very expensive in some places (like sit down restaurants) so some with alot of money to spend- just in case
    i hope you enjoy your trip to disney if you do decide to go
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Geoff London

Like the previous poster said August isn't ideal but it's not un-do-able. Vacationers are at their height. The weather is warm and sticky but, hey! you can still have fun. We go October / November. Crowds are more manageable and the weather is more pleasant for walking around. But if August it has to be - go for it. Eating doesn't have to be expensive unless you are planning to have full service dinners every night. Fish and chips at EPCOT's U K. Irish Stew at Raglan Road. A good burger and fries or a healthy salad. All nourishing and well within a reasonable budget. As for souvenirs - choose wisely - often a bargain can be found.
    And as for Mom's views - well, that's up to you. If you break her trust then you have to live with it. You say your girl is your fiancee so I would expect you to behave towards her as a gentleman should. Above all - have fun!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I know about that the place is crowded but that's the least of my worries. It's August or nothing and I just wanted a price range. I am the type that goes from opening until close and don't really care for those "breaks" back to the hotel.

Hi really depends on where you intend to stay, if staying onsite then food bills can be higher with WDW prices, however if you intend to eat offsite then you can eat well without breaking the bank, LBV is a good area to stay in if offsite

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I was thinking about booking the pop century resort since it's the most affordable and it provides transportation ( we don't drive)

• KING OF CABMF'S

I was thinking about booking the pop century resort since it's the most affordable and it provides transportation ( we don't drive)
    they all provide tranportation
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    they all provide tranportation
    I was talking about other non disney resorts

• Destroyer of Mallcore

nevermind, thanks ;}

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Her mom doesn't trust you? How old are you guys?

The week you are looking at will be busy with free disney dining plan guests, but the food courts do do a good varied menu, offsite Comfort Inn LBV has free transport to most Disney parks, SW and Universal, plus you have a free continental breakie thrown in as well, its also close to quiet a few restaurants Chillis, Bahama Breeze, Black Angus to name but a few, plus a great chinese buffet called the Dragon Court

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
    The week you are looking at will be busy with free disney dining plan guests, but the food courts do do a good varied menu, offsite Comfort Inn LBV has free transport to most Disney parks, SW and Universal, plus you have a free continental breakie thrown in as well, its also close to quiet a few restaurants Chillis, Bahama Breeze, Black Angus to name but a few, plus a great chinese buffet called the Dragon Court
    The Comfort Inn that's off I-4 near Downtown Disney... I stayed there last year and never again. It was clean enough, but the beds were extremely uncomfortable (I could feel the springs!) and the A/C scared the hell out of me every time it turned on. Plus there were so many people walking by my room door at all hours it was insane. Lots of families stay there because it's so cheap.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Her mom doesn't trust you? How old are you guys?

I am 20 and she is almost 18..but we could be 50 and she still would have her panties in a bunch. The trip is canceled but we bought some mountain bikes because we needed something to keep us busy this Summer and also plan on using the money for Disneyland and Universal Studios.

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

The dates for your planned visit fall under the "Value Season" rates for the on-site, WDW Resort hotels. Rates for the Value Resorts (All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, All-Star Movies, or Pop Century) start at $82 per night. So, if you stay at a WDW Resort hotel, you could take advantage of the Disney's Magical Express shuttle to-and-from the airport (saving money), as well as the free Disney transportation between the resorts/hotels and theme parks (saving money by not having to rent a car).

However, August is one of the hottest and most humid times of the year in central Florida. If you're from the Chula Vista area and have never experienced high humidity, then you could be in for a shocker. I'm from Northern San Diego County and when I visited WDW for the first time in the summer a few years ago, it took a few days until I got used to the high humidity which lasts all day and night. You're constantly sweating and the uncomfortable heat can slow down your pace in the theme parks.

Even with crowds and high humidity, your attitude (hopefully, positive) will determine whether you'll have a good time. ... Heck, I'll be visiting WDW for 10 days in August this year, too.
    Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes