Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Magic Express at Midnight

Just got my Magic Express tags in the mail today. In the documentation it says that it can take up to 3 hours for your luggage to arrive at your room.

I am checking in at about midnight........I would like to have my luggage when I wake up in the morning but don't know if I want to be disturbed as late as 3am

Anyone else here ever check in that late with magical express?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Donalds younger brother

Re: Magic Express at Midnight

yes.. i am still waiting for my bags, ............and that was 2 weeks ago:0p

• Donalds younger brother

jk it only took them about an hour for us but this is disney were talking about and it its the year of a million missing bags:0)

last year disney lost of our bags wasent fun at all

• Minion

Last year, one of our bags got in late via Magical Express - around 1AM. What they did was very gently knocked on our door, unlocked the door themselves and then quietly placed the bag in our room near the door. The hotel staff told us at check in exactly what to expect and when, so it wasn't a big deal at all.

For me, the whole thing was a very slight nuisance only because I'm a very light sleeper. It did not wake up the wife and kids. Odds are, if you're not a sensitive-eared freak like me, you won't even notice.

If your bags do arrive after you do, and you don't want them dropped off, I suppose you could always request that they keep your bags at the front counter instead.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Jeff, I'm sure you'll be to sleepy to notice anyone dropping off your bags late at night .

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Last year, one of our bags got in late via Magical Express - around 1AM. What they did was very gently knocked on our door, unlocked the door themselves and then quietly placed the bag in our room near the door. The hotel staff told us at check in exactly what to expect and when, so it wasn't a big deal at all.
    I am so used to it being a semi-big deal....with tip and everything. What you describe wouldn't be bad at all.

Thanks.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Jeff, I'm sure you'll be too sleepy to notice anyone dropping off your bags late at night .

I don't know.....I'll probably get plenty after flying clear accross the Country(both North to South and West to East). I usually sleep pretty good on Planes

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This is why I keep track of my bags myself. I'm just not trusting enough.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I was in a similar situation on my trip last month. I arrived after midnight (thanks to a four hour flight delay). The first thing that was nice about DME was that I had that whole freekin' bus to myself for my ride to the Wilderness Lodge! It's kind of ineffiecient, however, and struck me as kind of in bad taste with the whole "green" conservation thing in the current zeitgeist and all. Why can't they have a small fleet of vans or shuttles standing by for late night pick-ups at the airport instead of those huge buses? I had a friend who flew in to meet me even later than I arrived and he also had a whole bus to himself. That's a helluva big taxi.

Anyway back on topic, when I inquired at the front desk about my bags this is what they told me: don't worry they won't be knocking on the door at 3am. Bell services will leave a voicemail message when the bags arrive during the night (this does not cause the phone to ring either, just a flashing red light on the phone). Whenever I get up in the morning, I can call the bell desk to have my bags delivered. It only takes a few minutes. However, this is also why they recommend packing "essentials" with your carry on bags to have with you in case there are any delays. Keep the time of day/night in mind for arrival when planning what to have with you, e.g. a toothbrush, pj's, or whatever you need to go to bed and get up without your major luggage.

I thought this procedure very thoughtful and satisfactory for late night arrivals. Keep in mind, however, that this was at the Wilderness Lodge (a "deluxe" resort) that has a higher standard of customer service and services already built in to the hotel. I'm not sure if the "moderate" resorts will follow the same procedure. Just a guess.

Hope this helps. Have fun!!!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 07-07-2007 at 02:05 PM.
    --Jonathan

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I thought this procedure very thoughtful and satisfactory for late night arrivals. Keep in mind, however, that this was at the Wilderness Lodge (a "deluxe" resort) that has a higher standard of customer service and services already built in to the hotel. I'm not sure if the "moderate" resorts will follow the same procedure. Just a guess.

Hope this helps. Have fun!!!
    Thanks, this does make me feel a little better......but how did you know I was staying at a moderate resort(POFQ)?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Thanks, this does make me feel a little better......but how did you know I was staying at a moderate resort(POFQ)?
    Micechatters are psychic. But you knew I was going to say that.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I would think, in a moderate, they would do the same thing if you asked, but it may take longer to get your bags once you call the front desk.

In a Deluxe its all one building, in a moderate you may be out in the far flung reaches of the resort and they would have to get your bag out there.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Mrs. Antonelli

My boyfriend and I arrived at the airport after 9:00, so we didn't make it to Pop Century until close to 10:00. We did Magical Express and we chose not to let them take our bags even though I think everyone else on our bus did. When my boyfriend made the arrangements, the woman on the phone told him that when you are arriving that late, it is better just to take your bags with you. I felt much better having everything with me and not being woken up in the middle of the night on vacation.

For our next trip in January, we will do the same thing even though we are staying at either Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian.

I'm not coming in as late as the OP but I am still paranoid about letting DME handle my bags. But I figure I'll risk it and just be prepared.
    Matthew

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by wettham1783 View Post
    I'm not coming in as late as the OP but I am still paranoid about letting DME handle my bags. But I figure I'll risk it and just be prepared.

It is part of the Disney magic. And if your bage get a little extra magic by being rerouted through Burkina Faso, then so be it.

Seriously, I don't understand the parinoia, or maybe I am just charmed. I travel about 8-10 times a year. I have also checked luggage while taking a bus (THATS a lesson in trust, when you bags take a diffenet bus than you do to Dayton from NJ) and I have NEVER had a problem with luggage getting lost. Like I said, maybe its just me, but I just let other people handle my stuff with no worries. The computer and other electronics travels in a carry on of course.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast