Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Living the Dream.

Re: Watch the Epcot Wand Come Down! (Merged Threads)

The EPCOT Letters are coming down with the wand, right?

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Evoulie View Post
    The EPCOT Letters are coming down with the wand, right?
    Being that the letters are supported by the wand, I think it would be kind of hard to leave them floating up there.

Re: Watch the Epcot Wand Come Down!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post

That's the thing you never seem to get. Obviously you don't like things like the hat and marketing campaigns. But people in general do. Most of the marketing campaigns have worked in their task of increasing attendance. And really, what is so bad about them? Disney is a business when it comes down to it and what is wrong with them advertising their parks?

And that's the thing you never get, Mikey.

You don't speak for anyone other than yourself, and perhaps your family.

There is no evidence, even anecdotally, that most guests like (or don't like) the wand and the BAH.

And it doesn't matter. People often like things that aren't good for their health or their financial health, but still don't consider that when making choices.

The proper question here is do the added design elements (being kind here) belong where they were placed or are they just cheap, tacky, lowest common denomenator mass marketing additions? As usual, in a quest to show how intelligent you are, you miss that.

And YoMD is NOT doing whay Rasulo and his minions had hoped. WDW attendance and resort occupancy is way down over what was expected ... May was a great month as was early June, but it's been all downhill since except for a slight blip around the Fourth.

Right now, many resorts are struggling with 70% occupancy in what should be prime summer season. And August and September (and even into Oct., except for convention business) bookings are very, very soft.

Oh please..... Magic and Dreams can't live in the same place. Now your just looking for something to complain about.

No. I'm simply pointing out something you learn in Marketing 101: don't confuse the customer with too many campaigns at the same time.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Right now, many resorts are struggling with 70% occupancy in what should be prime summer season. And August and September (and even into Oct., except for convention business) bookings are very, very soft.
    I am not surprised, after seeing how slow it was the other day (when I went to take wand photos). It was like going to the park in August.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

You just don't see people in general complaining about the Wand as they did the Castle. Do I have any physical evidence of the matter? No, but neither would you. It's not something that can be measured easily (or accurately).
    If you have no evidence, then you shouldn't make the declarative statement that you did. It's your opinion, and yours and mine differ on this matter.

Always great discussions, though!

• I may be nutz...but...

I am not sure if this has been mentioned in all the over 100 posts, but check out Yesterland. There is an article about the "Not so Temporary Wand" Very good reading and an interesting photoshop fantasy! You will find it entertaining! I came in late to this discussion, so I am sorry is someone has mentioned this link. I am sorry I don't know how to link to the site, just to tell you about it, I am NOT not tech savvy Wish I knew more about the pooter...how to link, post pics, create an avatar...

Great article though, at Yesterland on the Micechat Main menu! I will be sad to see it go since it is the only incarnation I have seen of SSE, but that being said, I will be interested to see it without the wand. I have seen pictures of it and it looks very impressive. I have all my photos of it with wand, so I am satisfied I got them. It will be different next trip. Everything changes at Disney, that is the way Walt wanted it. Rejoice in it's milennium (extended) appearance and then rejoice in it's new/original state! It was never even supposed to last past the Millenium celebration anyway, so fans of it got a little treat of more time with the wand! And fans of the Original get the pristine glimmering ball back! A little bit of something for everyone!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
    susabelle

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned in all the over 100 posts, but check out Yesterland. There is an article about the "Not so Temporary Wand" Very good reading and an interesting photoshop fantasy! You will find it entertaining!
    http://yesterland.com/epcotwand.html

Everything changes at Disney, that is the way Walt wanted it.
    Disneyland is NOT a museum

Rejoice in it's milennium (extended) appearance and then rejoice in it's new/original state! It was never even supposed to last past the Millenium celebration anyway, so fans of it got a little treat of more time with the wand! And fans of the Original get the pristine glimmering ball back! A little bit of something for everyone!
    Too bad the damage goes further than the Wand...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

wdwmagic has pictures of the wand with letters missing!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=202812
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Pilot EdForceOne

I can't believe they are taking it down piece meal like that. Get a heavy lift crane.. chop that sucker in 1/3rds, and lay it down for disassembly backstage.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    And that's the thing you never get, Mikey.

You don't speak for anyone other than yourself, and perhaps your family.

There is no evidence, even anecdotally, that most guests like (or don't like) the wand and the BAH.

And it doesn't matter. People often like things that aren't good for their health or their financial health, but still don't consider that when making choices.

The proper question here is do the added design elements (being kind here) belong where they were placed or are they just cheap, tacky, lowest common denomenator mass marketing additions? As usual, in a quest to show how intelligent you are, you miss that.

And YoMD is NOT doing whay Rasulo and his minions had hoped. WDW attendance and resort occupancy is way down over what was expected ... May was a great month as was early June, but it's been all downhill since except for a slight blip around the Fourth.

No. I'm simply pointing out something you learn in Marketing 101: don't confuse the customer with too many campaigns at the same time.
    I think "Off Topic" is a bit of an understatement at this point. The idea of this thread was to watch the wand come down through photos and such, not to argue about why the wand is coming down or if it was a good idea in the first place. Not only are there other threads for that, but this discussion is beginning to border on personal attacks and I have asked you both very nicely to take it somewhere else.

Thread closed. Sorry to everyone else- but we can always start another thread.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678