Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• KING OF CABMF'S

If you miss the wand, tell us!

Okay, so most of you have read my OCD posts about the wand and tapestry of dreams (and if you didn't like it then i dont know what to say) well, now WDWGirl and i have decided to be POSITIVE about the wand, hat, and tapestry of Dreams. This is a thread to tell us the things about the wand, hat, and ToD that you LIKE. Please, do not post negative things about these icons and parades, there are five other threads to do that on. well, i want to have one that says nice things, remembering the wand, loving the hat, relishing on ToD (and SpectroMagic because i have been hearing stuff about that parade too and i frankly like it) so for all you SSE Wand Lovers out there, tell us your thoughts!!!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

Re: If you miss the wand, tell us!

Great Idea for a thread! I want to hear some POSITIVE things about the Wand, Hat, etc. OK - here we go!
    WARNING: LAST CHANCE TO EXIT! EXTREMELY POSITIVE WAND/HAT/ETC. POSTS AHEAD

The Wand, to me, has always brought a certain "flair" to the somewhat bland look of SSE. Don't get me wrong, I think the globe is awesome, but the wand always brought that extra something, IMHO. It was always a wonderful sight at night, to see the wand shimmering in all its wand-shimmering glory, for everyone at Epcot, and beyond, to see. When I first heard rumors concerning the wand being removed, I was quite upset. Seeing as the Wand was almost always in my life as an Epcot fan, it would be terrible to see it go. I have NO problem with people having opinions about the wand, and I'm sure if I was mostly used to the wand-less globe, I'd be upset as well. It would be like adding some kind of weird object to the Cinderella Castle. But change is inevitable. So just as it was terrible for some to put the wand up in the first place, for those of us who DID enjoy the wand, it's sad to see it go. But as most things come and go, at least I have my wonderful memories with the "Wand"-erful globe. On my last trip to WDW ( only a few weeks ago ), I took an excessive amount of pictures of the "Wand"-erful globe. I almost wanted to cry ( yes, I'm that obsessed with Disney! ) to think that the wand would be gone forever... but as always, change is inevitable.

Don't worry - MGM Sorcerer Hat Posts will come soon! -

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Great Idea for a thread! I want to hear some POSITIVE things about the Wand, Hat, etc. OK - here we go!
    WARNING: LAST CHANCE TO EXIT! EXTREMELY POSITIVE WAND/HAT/ETC. POSTS AHEAD

The Wand, to me, has always brought a certain "flair" to the somewhat bland look of SSE. Don't get me wrong, I think the globe is awesome, but the wand always brought that extra something, IMHO. It was always a wonderful sight at night, to see the wand shimmering in all its wand-shimmering glory, for everyone at Epcot, and beyond, to see. When I first heard rumors concerning the wand being removed, I was quite upset. Seeing as the Wand was almost always in my life as an Epcot fan, it would be terrible to see it go. I have NO problem with people having opinions about the wand, and I'm sure if I was mostly used to the wand-less globe, I'd be upset as well. It would be like adding some kind of weird object to the Cinderella Castle. But change is inevitable. So just as it was terrible for some to put the wand up in the first place, for those of us who DID enjoy the wand, it's sad to see it go. But as most things come and go, at least I have my wonderful memories with the "Wand"-erful globe. On my last trip to WDW ( only a few weeks ago ), I took an excessive amount of pictures of the "Wand"-erful globe. I almost wanted to cry ( yes, I'm that obsessed with Disney! ) to think that the wand would be gone forever... but as always, change is inevitable.

Don't worry - MGM Sorcerer Hat Posts will come soon! -
    Very true. i prefer a painting over a sketch, which it what the globe it to me. and it wiould be like taking the top spire off of the cinderellla castle.
    The Hat: although im not as fond of the hat as i am the wand, i do love it. it may just be a place where disney sells more merchandise, but it is very symbolic of disney. so you all think it looks like crap, not some custom made little world, well, that is not all that disney is cracked up to be. you already got your precious original globe back, cant you worry one thing at a time? you cant change the (disney) world by complaining. Rome was not built in a day (and was not torn down in a day either) plus, as i said before, the hat is symbolic of disney's most legendary films, Fantasia. you most likely would not care if it was there when the park opened, would you?
    Tapestry of dreams: here is the million dollar question: how will evanescence4ever drag this on? well, it only takes about a sentence or two. 'no matter what you say that was the first parade i ever liked, and i thought it was cool'. well that was one sentence, what is the second? 'next topic.'
    Spectro Magic: ah yes, repetitive music, scary looking dolls and dancing geese on lighted cars. an awful parade? not to me. this is one of my current favorites. i like the music, the magic, the... other words describing my love of this parade that start with an 'M.' how about 'many lights'? well, seeing mickey on that float with the plasma ball is amazing, and the Chernabog os awesome! And whatever if the parade has repetitive music? put on your iPod and just watch the pretty lights. okay, so those puppets look kinda creepy, i agree. but those are the only two problems with this parade. the rest is alright? that is great. all in all, over the last week, every thing you mentioned, i happen to love, oh well, i will still love it, and defend them to the death.
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

- MGM Sorcerer's Hat -
    - All Posts are IMHO -
    Besides being wonderfully familiar and reminiscent ( sp? ) of Fantasia, Sorcerer Mickey, etc., the hat is just a great welcoming symbol. No matter how many pictures I get of this hat, I can never leave the MGM without a few ( hundred ) more. I'm sure that the original Chinese Grauman's Theater view was great, and though I don't remember it, I'm sure it was wonderful. But this hat is wonderful as well. - It will always truly be a great symbol for me.
    - Tapestry of Dreams Parade -
    Though I don't recall this parade VERY WELL, I'm sure it was an awesome parade, and had some great features to it -
    - SpectroMagic -
    The music is TRULY enchanting, and though some of the floats are quite strange looking, all in all it's a great parade! I LOVE seeing it as I make my way across to my Splash Mountain/Big Thunder fastpasses that are always strangely scheduled for the same time as that parade.

--- I'd much appreciate some more positive posts on this topic! ---

• Elusive Member

I have to admit that I was a bit puzzled by the wand when I first saw it but it wasn't anything disturbing to see. In fact, when I had the chance to get under it and look it over I was impressed with the engineering. It may have looked simple but often when something looks simple and yet functions with precision while serving over many years that is the result of some hard thinking about functionality. Over the years it became as much
    a landmark in WDW to me as any other iconic structure in the parks. I'll miss it.
    The one and only...The Original...
    Mountain Man

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have to admit that I was a bit puzzled by the wand when I first saw it but it wasn't anything disturbing to see. In fact, when I had the chance to get under it and look it over I was impressed with the engineering. It may have looked simple but often when something looks simple and yet functions with precision while serving over many years that is the result of some hard thinking about functionality. Over the years it became as much
    a landmark in WDW to me as any other iconic structure in the parks. I'll miss it.
    Thank you for your POSITIVE opinion on this topic It truly did become a landmark in WDW along with the rest of the symbolic structures in the parks!

• KING OF CABMF'S

thank you very much. i thought me and WDWGirl were going to have to keep replying just to get everyone to see the thread yea, i too have seen the inside of the wand and it is pretty amazing. too bad siemens hates it. AT&T didn't really care. but not much we can do now, just keep telling our happy times and stories about the wand, and letting all of MCWDW know we are SSE Wand purists (idk, i guess keeping the wand at its current state)
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Elusive Member

Smile Re: If you miss the wand, tell us!

- SpectroMagic -
    The music is TRULY enchanting, and though some of the floats are quite strange looking, all in all it's a great parade! I LOVE seeing it as I make my way across to my Splash Mountain/Big Thunder fastpasses that are always strangely scheduled for the same time as that parade.

I like to encourage showmanship in Disney parks so this one gets
    my vote for that reason. It may not have been a hit with everyone but
    we enjoyed it, odd floats and all. Why not? Not to be critical of other's
    thoughts on this, I think that perhaps sometimes those of us who focus
    attention on what's wrong fail to take some joy in what's right
    The one and only...The Original...
    Mountain Man

• Disney Dreams

I like to encourage showmanship in Disney parks so this one gets
    my vote for that reason. It may not have been a hit with everyone but
    we enjoyed it, odd floats and all. Why not? Not to be critical of other's
    thoughts on this, I think that perhaps sometimes those of us who focus
    attention on what's wrong fail to take some joy in what's right
    - applause - Exactly!

I definitely love giving credit where credit is due, and this is one of those times. Disney has given us such wonderful parades and symbols in the parks, and those that destroy the thought behind these iconic structures are forgetting what Disney is all about.

• Banned User

I wish I had had the chance to see it, Now its going and I never will. I liked the hat and wand . ( in pictures anyways.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I definitely love giving credit where credit is due, and this is one of those times. Disney has given us such wonderful parades and symbols in the parks, and those that destroy the thought behind these iconic structures are forgetting what Disney is all about.
    irony

• KING OF CABMF'S

- applause - Exactly!

well, disney is not all about one person, it is about magic. and i am guessing all the magic was drained a while ago. now that the sparkling fun is gone, i get to look at a golfball from now on.
    yay...
    but lets think POSITIVELY
    That lovable and SpectroMagic are amazing, and i belive they are just updating the LAL machines (yay!)
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I wish I had had the chance to see it, Now its going and I never will. I liked the hat and wand . ( in pictures anyways.
    Oh I wish you would have had the chance to! They're even more beautiful in person

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    irony
    I don't quite understand what you mean... but if it's something negative, we'll just leave it at that. I don't want to bring negativity onto this thread.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't quite understand what you mean... but if it's something negative, we'll just leave it at that. I don't want to bring negativity onto this thread.
    The Hat and Wand were designed with the specific intent of distracting and changing the nature of the iconic, central structure of EPCOT Center and the Disney-MGM Studios. That is a factual statement that is nuetral. That makes your comment about the end of icons ironic.

For a positive thread its good to see such negativity towards the original design intentions of EPCOT Center's creators. Something that has been admitted that has only been witnessed in photographs.

• Disney Dreams

I do know another factual statement. This thread was created with the intent of sharing our own LOVE of the wand, hat, etc. Not to really bring up the negative point of view.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast