• "There's always my way"

News and updates at WDW

It looks like there's been a few upgrades added to WDW in the past couple days.

Magic Kingdom:
    First, some touch screen ordering machines were added to Peco's Bill. Guests paying with credit card or their Disney Dining plan will use these Express Ordering machines to place their own orders thus reducing wait times.
    Here's an image of the kiosk:

A Tinker Bell meet and greet is going to appear over by Toon Town, possibly at the character tent. Screamscape reports that guest's will be "shrunk" in the queue on their way to meet Tink.

It looks like the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is still not finished:
    what your seeing inside the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is only up to “stage 3 out of 5” while they work on various show material to be added or dropped and interchanged with older acts. One such new act is that you may see Buddy Boil perform a “Comedy in a Box” act instead of his old Mind Reading act. By the time Monsters gets up to stage 5 the actors will have full control of their characters and able to direct them to do just about whatever they want, including using sound effects and props in this constantly evolving show. -screamscape
    EPCOT

Not only does Spaceship Earth closes today for the well deserved/needed refurb, but the wand starts to come down today as well. Also, the Leave a Legacy kiosk by the central pillar of SSE has been removed and is once again pristine.

Here's an interesting fact from Mouseplanet:
    With Spaceship Earth returning to its former 180-foot total height, it again becomes the second-tallest park icon, behind the 189-foot Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom. Next-tallest is the Tree of Life in Disney's Animal Kingdom at 140 feet. The shortest of the four theme park icons is the 100-foot Sorcerer's Hat (erected to the dismay of many for the "100 Years of Magic" promotion in 2001) at the Disney-MGM Studios, mounted 22 feet above the ground for a total height of 122 feet.
    Disney-MGM Studios
    Mickey Avenue closes today as well and will re-open next year as "Pixar Place" along with Toy Story Mania.
    Last edited by EPCOT1982; 07-09-2007 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Adding sources: Mouseplanet and Screamscape

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• back to WDW in January

Re: News and updates at WDW

great update, thanks.
    Is that touch screen ordering system the same one they instituted at Captain Cooks in the Polynesian a while back?

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    Is that touch screen ordering system the same one they instituted at Captain Cooks in the Polynesian a while back?
    I'm not too sure about this. Anyone?

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• World Traveler

Thanks! I just realized that Tinker Bell is never our to greet guests like the other characters. Time to collect some pixie dust.

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    Screamscape reports that guest's will be "shrunk" in the queue on their way to meet Tink.
    That's a cute touch! Reminds me of body wars!

• Don't mess with the duck!

About time they get a Tink meet n' greet, she's really popular. My daughters are going to flip when they find this out. Now, we just need to save up some more money for a trip.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I had heard a while back that the meet and greet was rumored to be in the old Skyway station (Fantasyland). Maybe that's where it will be instead?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Thanks! I just realized that Tinker Bell is never our to greet guests like the other characters. Time to collect some pixie dust.
    At Disneyland, she's been in the fireworks show for decades (her new flight mechanism is amazing and allows her to appear twice in the same show) but never used anywhere else until the Parade of Dreams debuted with the 50th (she sits on the DRR train engine on the lead float with Peter Pan) in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    (her new flight mechanism is amazing and allows her to appear twice in the same show)
    It really is amazing. I was not expecting Tink to fly all over the place, either (I'm used to Wishes and the straight line from Castle to Tomorrowland).

Watching Remember for the first time last year, I felt like a little kid seeing the fireworks for the first time. I'm sure my mouth was hanging open.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that they will somehow "shrink" you down to Tink size. Sounds cute and a neat idea.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    I'm not too sure about this. Anyone?
    What aren't you sure of?

The machines are quite easy to use, even if they offer you a side of fries with everything (even a side of fries!) ... you can even make special requests on them.

I don't particularly like them because once again it's taking a human being out of the equation to save money because with the stupidity of the average person at all-time high, I doubt this will actually save any time.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

YAY! All good news! I'm so glad I got to see everything before they closed it, Mickey Ave, SSE and a Tinkerbell Meet N Greet, it's about time!

Now I just have to wonder if she will talk or just twinkle. LOL

• Minion

Yay Tinkerbell! I hope she's available when I go in December!
    I want my cake back!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

I don't particularly like them because once again it's taking a human being out of the equation to save money because with the stupidity of the average person at all-time high, I doubt this will actually save any time.
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I like this idea, mainly because I can usually run any machine better than most people ringing me up.

I was so happy when they invented the self checkout, but to agree with you, I usually end up behind some moron that doesn't understand to tap the Finish/Check Out button.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I was so happy when they invented the self checkout, but to agree with you, I usually end up behind some moron that doesn't understand to tap the Finish/Check Out button.
    I once waited a good 5 minutes for the person in front of me to find where to sign for her credit card signature at sefl checkout.

If these aren't crowded I may try them, but I don't eat too often in Pecos Bill's so we'll see if I get there.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I actually find these machines intriguing as well. Many times, I order a burger or sandwich without fries, and knowing guests can ring up special orders themselves makes it seem quite efficient.

Has anyone had any experience with these yet (or the ones at Poly?)?
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure