Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

WDW - All Parks - 07/06 - 07/08

My oldest daughter and I made the trek to WDW last weekend for fun and a monsoon but more on that later..

Should you like to see all the photos I took that weekend (285) Please see HERE.

Are we there yet?

Why yes we are! I have to say whenever I am checking in to a resort on Disney property I have never met any nicer people than the guards that man those stations. I don't think there has ever been a time that one of them didn't say, "Welcome Home." It's one of those magical things that just starts the vacation off right.

Aww, look at the pretty theming and just in case you have forgotten, Jesus Loves You. How do I know that? Because it was written in the damn sky every...flippin...day on our vacation. *grumbles*

Pop Century is my definite favorite of the values, the rooms are standard but the theming throughout is just marvelous. If you have a moment, I recommend checking out the framed mementos in the lobby, brought back some memories for me. Although I had to explain to my daughter what a record and an 8 track player was.

My daughter wasn't excited to be here...nooooooo hehe

We got put into the 50's building with a lovely view of the lake and the unfinished area across the way. Apparently we aren't supposed to notice that.

The bridge is beautiful though, to bad we can't cross it at all. Such a waste, I really hope they finish that portion soon.

With parks on our minds we quickly headed over to Animal Kingdom, all Anna could talk about all year was how she didn't get to ride Everest last visit, so that was the first thing on our agenda.

Everyone remember where we parked!

Pooh Bear! Oh well, maybe just one stop along the way.

Time to climb a mountain!

Doesn't look THAT scary..

There she goes!

I got stuck in the front row but I got a great view at the broken track!

We wanted to do Kali River Rapids but who knew that the Florida humidity could cause a 70 minute wait for the ride? So we opted for It's Tough To Be a Bug instead.

After that it was lunchtime at the Flame Tree Barbecue. How many points is this? Ugh.. LOL

Yay! The riverboat characters! Just in time!

I had to laugh, Goofy had the hardest time getting this camera off his hand. Poor thing, the CM was no help at all.

You know I only took this photo because of that thread a few weeks ago. And no we didn't buy the hat, but I did buy her another pair of Mickey ears she wanted does that count?

Afterwords we headed over to Dinosaur where I managed a few shots before it started to rain so we headed inside.

This way to your Time Capsule..

Can you tell I don't like loud noises? Like mother like daughter.

At this point we exited to wall to wall people as a hurricane like storm decided to dump about 20 inches of rain over Animal Kingdom. Sadly, I didn't take anymore photos that day. The rain was so bad that we were literally walking through water up to our calves in some areas. We were soaked to the bone by the time we got back to the car.

We ended the night at Magic Kingdom for EMH and stayed until 2am. The rain had died down but not disappeared so I didn't bring my camera with me.

Stay tuned for Day 2!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: WDW - All Parks - 07/06 - 07/08

Yay for another Summer trip report! Boo for 20 inches of rain! I read on another site the rain was so bad it started leaking into the Finding Nemo theater and they had to cancel the musical in the middle, so it must have been pretty bad.

And those days of wading through calf-deep water. I did it once in EPCOT, right outside the Electric Umbrella. The drain was clogged. So many memories.

Keep it coming!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• back to WDW in January

great report and pics - BTW, how were the EMH crowds after Midnight?

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    After that it was lunchtime at the Flame Tree Barbecue. How many points is this? Ugh.. LOL

The points at WDW don't count!

Looks like you guys had a great time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Day 2

Good Morning Epcot and look! Blue Skies!

Yay for trees!

Yay! Early wand removal! Just kidding..

To my surprise SSE was open, I could have sworn it should have been closed but I found out that its Anna's favorite ride! Who'd have guessed, I was a very happy momma, we rode it three times that day.

Anna had requested princesses, her favorites being Belle and Ariel. Well since I knew that CRT was impossible, I booked Norway. I know that characters are subject to change but COME ON, you can't call it a princess breakfast and not have hardly any princesses. We got Mary Poppins, Pocohontas, Mulan, Snow White and Jasmine (okay two). Sad, because I only booked it in hopes of her getting to see at least one princess she likes. I think next time we will just stick to the character meet and greets, such is luck.

I did however think this was a very pretty Snow White, she was a great character.

Here is what we were fed.

The setting is pretty, I liked the archways.

After breakfast we hit Maelstrom with no wait so we had our own boat which was nice.

We ran into the troll who decided he wanted to keep Anna's purse. She did get it back though after some thumb wrestling.

Next we hit Mexico where I FINALLY got some good photos of the inside.

I just love this pavilion, it's probably my favorite in WS.

Time to find Donald!

Mission: Space! I have to say I grew to love Mission: Space this trip. We went on the green side twice.

Space Mickey!

Nope, still there and no crane in sight! Give me a hammer, I'll take care of it.

We did the Universe of Energy next, it was a great break from the heat but I think I've seen it to many times now. LOL

Next we entered Innoventions, with a stop at the House of Innoventions to see what they upgraded.

Siemens added some kitchen appliances, the one on the left is the new oven, it opens down instead of out so you have a lesser chance of burning yourself.

Everything else was pretty much the same, I still want this bed. :P

Anna did get picked to play the drums, she played Hakuna Matata. Pretty neat systems if that's your thing.

Then we headed back to Test Track as we had FP's. It was Anna's first time on it, she gave it two Mickey thumbs up.

We then headed over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends and took a break in front of the dolphin tank. It is so relaxing and soothing in there and the dolphins were in a playful mood so that added to the enjoyment.

Anna wanted her own clamshell when we went on Nemo, it wasn't very busy and I got to see my friend Chad who was working. Sorry hun, I don't remember your MC name, how funny is that?

Anna insisted I take a photo of this squirrel, I still haven't figured out why. Although what TR wouldn't be complete without a duck, squirrel or bird photo, I ask you??!! LOL

Soarin was out of the question at 115 minute waittime. (This is probably the only attraction that I will agree that FP is such a bad idea here) So we went on Living with The Land which was a 5 minute wait.

My future home, I just love this house.

Eels...yuck.

Journey into the Imagination was next, had to use the secret bathrooms around the corner but I really liked this view of the pyramid.

One last trip on MS and it was back to the hotel for swimming and then dinner.

The Bowling Pin Pool

I miss these..

Groovy Baby!

Either someone was tired or she was sick of me taking so many pictures.

Dinner was good, although at one point during the meal I had trouble figuring out where I really was!

Oh well, back to the room we went and settled in for sleep. The Disney MGM Studios is Day 3!

Stay tuned!

• Too far from Disney World

You ALWAYS have great trip reports! Hope you had a great time!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Yay for another Summer trip report! Boo for 20 inches of rain! I read on another site the rain was so bad it started leaking into the Finding Nemo theater and they had to cancel the musical in the middle, so it must have been pretty bad.
    It really was, but it was oddly fun too, Anna and I gave up and just splashed through the water. Everyone was looking at us like we were crazy but we had such a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    great report and pics - BTW, how were the EMH crowds after Midnight?
    FABULOUS! The only ride that had a huge wait was Space Mountain believe it or not, we had FPs though so we went right in but it was at 70 minutes I believe. Everything else was 15 minutes or less.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Day 3

After packing up the car we walked around the resort to snap some photos. I really wanted to get Roger Rabbit as he is a much loved character you just never see.

There was this giant keyboard in the 80's section. I think I will request to stay over here next time. They have a computer shaped pool even. hehe

Off to MGM we went, heading straight for Rockin Roller Coaster. Anna has a thing for roller coasters so it was thrill ride city that weekend.

Hannah Montana! She's a fan, so I HAD to take this photo.

Whoops! Forgot to take off her sunglasses.

In the immortal words of Stacey, "Love Aerosmith, Love Roller Coasters...Hellloo...."

Next we headed to ToT where Anna got scared at the last moment so we took the elevator down but not before I got some nice shots on the way up!

The misters were on..Ahhhhh

One of the boilers, anyone see the hidden mickey?

The closest we got to riding it.

The Villains Store is my favorite, it stinks they chopped it in half and added candy but it still has its great points.

I took this shot just for my friend EvilQueenRocks, totally thought of you when I saw this.

After RnRC Anna asked for a smoother, relaxing ride, so we headed towards GMR.

My camera sucks at taking indoor photos with low light. I want to buy a camera just for indoor moving pictures because if you leave my camera on auto it comes out completely black in low light, even when I'm standing still. So this is what I get on manual, not many but enough.

Afterwords we went to the Animation Building where we met some of our newest friends, Remy and Emile from Ratatouille. Helps that we had seen the movie the previous week.

Ahh Paris..

Who wouldn't want to eat here? Mmmm..

Time to color, Kronk is a great character for this section I must say.

We drew Pooh Bear at the Animation Academy, this is one of my favorite things to do at MGM.

I was surprised a bit to be honest when Anna asked me to take this photo. I asked her if she knew who Walt Disney was and she said, "Sure Mom, he made all this happen."

He sure did..

With one last ride on Star Tours we said goodbye to The Studios, I was happy to learn that Anna's favorite park is DS and had I known she liked it so much I would have devoted an entire day to it instead of half. Oh well, there's always next year.

Bye MGM!

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I took this shot just for my friend EvilQueenRocks, totally thought of you when I saw this.
    I feel so honored!! I used to love that shop but now I don't consider it villains anymore since all they have in there is POTC and Nightmore Before Christmas items.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Don't mess with the duck!

Another spectacular TR! Glad you survived the storm and still had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    The points at WDW don't count!
    I was going to say the same thing! Plus, all that walking provides unlimited bonus points.....right?
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Great trip report! Can't wait to see you again in August!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• World Traveler

Thanks for the great report as always! I am really anxious to go to WDW for at least a one night visit before our Labor Day trip.

• I was deleted.

Great report Summer, as always! I'm glad you had fun... and it looks like she did too! I'm also glad to hear she likes the Studios.

great TR. love the pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast