Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My first trip: August 1988 (photo heavy)

Okay I have been meaning to post these for some time now and have even mentioned it almost everytime someone else posts there vintage photos. This the the trip that really kicked off my love for Disney

But now I have finally made a trip back to my parents house and remembered to borrowed the old family photo album to scan. We went for three days and Epcot Center was either on the 2nd or 3rd day, but we didn't stay there too long. My sister and I were bored even though we loved Capt EO and Journey Into Imagination.

Not the best picture but this was one of my favorite memories of the trip. Mr. Smee and Goofy water skiing across the Seven Seas Lagoon as seen from the ferry boat:

Stage show called Totally Minnie, at the now rarely used Tomorrowland Stage:

Fresh from the Emporium with my new Mickey ears which (I still have them my sister quickly lost her Goofy hat on Carosel of Progress:

The old lagoon:

Cinderella Castle from the sky way bucket:

Me in a bucket:

Sorry this one was blurry to begin with, but it is one of my favorite ones, (not sure where it was taken though):

Waiting for the fireworks:

My first driving lesson with Mom:

My first Disney Parade: (I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me the name of this parade)

Anyone recognize this float

This is the only time I've seen Oliver & Co in costume. And I was really excited about the new movie that still hadn't opened yet.

Really who doesn't have an embarrasing picture with this:

Children of the 80's: What in the world was my Mom dressing me in back then Looks like I arrived a little early for Gay Days.

The Hub without the Partners statue:

Epcot Center:

Oddly enough I remember and miss this fountain even though I remember being bored in the Land pavillion and boat ride:

Back to MK:

Waiting to get into Minnie's House where she was throwing a Birthday Party for Mickey's 60th!

"Inside" Minnie's House I clearly remember being stunned that Minnie had a slinky for a phone cord! Okay I realize now it was a sound stage but hey I was young and really thought we were invited to Mickey's Birthday Party.

First time meeting the Mouse in his house!!

Well there you have it, hope you enjoyed viewing!
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 07-09-2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: trying to resize photos

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: My first trip: August 1988 (photo heavy)

Great pictures. We have the exact same Epcot picture (the second one with with you all sitting on the blue wall)!

• Minion

Love the pics!
    You're Dads knee socks are a riot!
    Looks like it was a great fanily trip!

• Golden State of Mind

I love the old pictures.

And why am i not surprised to see that Disney is still using some of the old floats?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Thanks Dad still wears that kind socks too....so embarrasing

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Loved the trip down memory lane.... especially the knee socks!

• Sailing Away

That was awesome! Gotta love the 80s fashion. Thanks for posting. I also have a lot of pictures from 1988 (which was my first trip too!). Maybe I'll post mine someday. I bet scanning all of those into the computer was fun.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

What great memories. I should scan our first trip.

Blog Entries

Oh yes, I must find your dads wardrobe. lol

As to finding old pictures like this, I've been begging my parents to try and find all our old vacation pictures from our early trips to Disney and then later on Universal. My clothes were just as embarassing as any of yours however. I distinctly remember one photo with the ninja turtles where I'm wearing bright green sneakers, floral patterned "Jam" shorts with a bright red fanny pack, and a spiked hair do.

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    I bet scanning all of those into the computer was fun.

Oh yeah it was a blast taking all the picture out of the album scanning each one then returning them to the album.

Then all the trouble of uploading them to photobucket and then actually creating the thread.... I didn't realize how much work went into doing a trip report like that.

But that was the main reason I got the scanner so I could back up and restore all the old photos. When I am done it will be worth it....that might take 5 years though

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    Great pictures. We have the exact same Epcot picture (the second one with with you all sitting on the blue wall)!

I know that was from Epcot but don't know where it is, has that been removed? That was the only time I can remember seeing that.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, thanks for drumming up so many memories for me. I have so many of the same shots myself, the Lady and the Tramp picture, the Mickey's Birthdayland Show (I remember going on my birthday and Mickey shook my hand, I remember thinking he was like a God or something for doing that. LOL)

Thanks so much for the trip down memory lane.

• Minion

That was cute! I have a horribly embarrassing pic of my son from around 1985 in some crazy outfit! What was I thinking? I'm sorry, son!
    I want my cake back!

These were great!! I remember the show with Minnie baking the cake for Mickey's birthday...I keep asking my mom for the rest of my childhood WDW pics so I can have them scanned (I only have a few from 86 I did for my mom's 50th birthday).

Great scanning job on those. I felt so nostalgic looking at them. I don't know if you remember how you felt about this, but my brother, sister, and I really loved the old Mickey's Birthdayland, because the houses and such were "our" size. We thought it was the coolest thing.

Anyway, great job again, and thanks for taking the time to post these!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Glad you guys are enjoying the stroll down memory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    I don't know if you remember how you felt about this, but my brother, sister, and I really loved the old Mickey's Birthdayland, because the houses and such were "our" size. We thought it was the coolest thing.

We didn't spend too much time there but I did think it was pretty cool too. At the time I used to love watching Ducktales and part of Mickey's B-day land was Duckburg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast