Talking Not So Scary Halloween Party

Hello,
    I'm heading to MNSSHP on Sept 14th, (I went back in 2001. I was on my honeymoon so I didnt pay alot of attention.) I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. What are some activities that are geared towards kids?

Tx,
    Stephonc

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Not So Scary Halloween Party

Trick or treating! A lot of character meet and greets! A special halloween parade and fireworks. I think there is a stage show.

Unlike a lot of other theme parks, Disney caters towards the younger kids. (Hee, hee, I that is where the "not so scary" part of the name comes from.)

The only downside is that it goes quite late. They run the parade twice and a lot of parents with young children go to the first parade.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonc View Post
    Hello,
    I'm heading to MNSSHP on Sept 14th, (I went back in 2001. I was on my honeymoon so I didnt pay alot of attention.) I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. What are some activities that are geared towards kids?

Tx,
    Stephonc
    i still have last year's map lol
    they have:
    trick-or-treating
    halloween dance party
    character meet&greet
    villian's mix&mingle
    character dining
    and most rides (including all fantasyland dark rides, all three mountains, potc, haunted mansion, and tomorrowland (everything except carousel of progress)
    there is something for every age here

the lines should be very small since the event is limited access, so go to major rides during fireworks or one of the parades (i think they play the halloween fireworks even on a regular night during halloween)
    im going to the MNSSHP sometime in october, but have fun on your trip
    Last edited by evanescence4ever; 07-11-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    halloween dance party

Which is a childrens party (adults can dance too ) I have pics and video of my (then) 4 year old dancing with Chip and Dale. When I have time, I can post them.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Which is a childrens party (adults can dance too ) I have pics and video of my (then) 4 year old dancing with Chip and Dale. When I have time, I can post them.

-dave
    yea, but idk if it was at MNSSHP or the christmas party, but iat one of them they played 'my humps' in fantasyland and like laffy taffy i think it was in frontierland.
    but it is suppose to be child oriented. i think if any dirty dancing goes on CMs break it up.
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    yea, but idk if it was at MNSSHP or the christmas party, but iat one of them they played 'my humps' in fantasyland and like laffy taffy i think it was in frontierland.
    but it is suppose to be child oriented. i think if any dirty dancing goes on CMs break it up.
    It was at the New Year's Party - I was there during that - they were getting pretty nasty and there were no CM's around - this was in Ariel's Grotto at Fantasyland! Only the DJ was there - and he was too busy throwing beads/light up bracelets out to the audience! There were some girls getting all on each other... I won't go further with that. But in Frontierland they were doing a much more "kid-oriented" Western Dance - Boot Scootin' Boogie... stuff like that - and much more kid themed songs - Tomorrowland was worse than Fantasyland - it was like a club at that end. But this was the night of New Year's Eve/New Year's. I don't remember this type of behavior at MNSSHP.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    It was at the New Year's Party - I was there during that - they were getting pretty nasty and there were no CM's around - this was in Ariel's Grotto at Fantasyland! Only the DJ was there - and he was too busy throwing beads/light up bracelets out to the audience! There were some girls getting all on each other... I won't go further with that. But in Frontierland they were doing a much more "kid-oriented" Western Dance - Boot Scootin' Boogie... stuff like that - and much more kid themed songs - Tomorrowland was worse than Fantasyland - it was like a club at that end. But this was the night of New Year's Eve/New Year's. I don't remember this type of behavior at MNSSHP.
    oh, i thought you told me that, i guess im just slow
    yea, that is gross, i guess they had too many new years martinis
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [: