Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

'Leave A Legacy' to be Left Alone ... For Now

If you are curious to know what will actually happen to the Leave A Legacy area at Future World, a recent posting at allears.net offers some insight. According to the post Disney informed one inquiring guest "that the monuments are set to stay until 2020. They added that they are offering a new product for Leave a Legacy guests: "We are able to take your Leave a Legacy photo/text message and have it engraved on three different types of granite tiles. We offer a set of four coasters, a 5x7 with wooden stand, or an 8 1/2 x 11 tile with a metal stand."

Re: 'Leave A Legacy' to be Left Alone ... For Now

Does that mean they are making coasters out of pictures already on on LaL? Or are they taking new pics and making coasters of them? Weird.

That is sad, that they are staying, but I guess you can't win them all.

• missing the DisneyGallery

I'm sure that there was some sort of agreement made that they would be there until a certain date, but I wonder if it specified where; meaning they could move them to a different area and not violate the terms of their agreement with the buyers.

When attractions were original

• back to WDW in January

Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    Does that mean they are making coasters out of pictures already on on LaL? Or are they taking new pics and making coasters of them? Weird.
    That is sad, that they are staying, but I guess you can't win them all.
    The program was discontinued a while back and no new pictures are being taken so this would apply to existing LaL guests

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by SciFi96 View Post
    I'm sure that there was some sort of agreement made that they would be there until a certain date, but I wonder if it specified where; meaning they could move them to a different area and not violate the terms of their agreement with the buyers.
    TA-DA!

Quote Originally Posted by Leave a Legacy Application Agreement
    5. As the WALT DISNEY WORLD(R) resort is ever-changing, the Guest agrees that the Image and Image Location may be replaced or relocated within the WALT DISNEY WORLD(R) Resort and that if the Image is relocated, it may be displayed in a different manner on a different medium than that present at the original Image Location. Access to the Image Location may be restricted or temporarily closed without liability to the Guest.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• Banned User

i believe it's like the bricks, 10 years so if they stopped selling tiles that would mean that the ones done earlier this year would be there till 2017.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by SciFi96 View Post
    Unless a company like Siemens foots the bill, I have a very hard time even imagining Disney wasting the money to move the monuments.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• back to WDW in January

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Unless a company like Siemens foots the bill, I have a very hard time even imagining Disney wasting the money to move the monuments.
    I would tend to agree. Unless there is a compelling reason, whether it be business related, cosmetic related, new feature related, sponsor related or otherwise, it really wouldn't be cost effective for Disney to absorb the expense of moving them. Their money could definitely be utilized more effectively elsewhere. And unlike the wand, they are far more subtle in appearance.

• Banned User

Keep in mind this was probably told by a grunt...such as a cast member or "disney represenative" and should not be taken as a 100% guarentee that they are staying.

Remember just 3 or 4 months ago a Disney represenative said "No the wand isn't coming down...all the changes will be in the inside of the attraction"

Personally Disney would be stupid to leave those ugly leave a legacy tombstones up at epcot. The pictures can be moved to a more elogant location and the enterance should be redone with more green & shade. The park should have a beautiful enterance that puts you in a good mode not an enterance with in-your-face marketing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    i believe it's like the bricks, 10 years so if they stopped selling tiles that would mean that the ones done earlier this year would be there till 2017.
    The difference is... those Walk Around the World bricks were meant to be walked on...(and trust me, I always make a point of stepping on Eisner's brick on my way into the MK), but with the Legacy exhibit... it's simply in the way of guests entering and leaving EPCOT and looks horrible. I wish they torn down the whole things and send it to the Moon on the next Space Shuttle.

• Banned User

Well, when I got mine, they told me it would stay up until 2015, and I signed a little paper/contract with all of the terms, and NO WHERE does it say they will remove it earlier than stated in the contract. So, if they take 'em down sooner, I want my money back.

They're going to a different location. Probably sooner rather than later.

Don't worry, if you bought one it will still be prominently featured in the park, just not where its in the way of 40000 guests at the worst possible times.

• Banned User

i meant that i believe they are contracted to be on display for 10 years. and they were selling them until about a month ago so that would be they would have to be somewhere until 2017. of course i don't think they have to be at the enterance just displayed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Well, when I got mine, they told me it would stay up until 2015, and I signed a little paper/contract with all of the terms, and NO WHERE does it say they will remove it earlier than stated in the contract. So, if they take 'em down sooner, I want my money back.
    The paper you signed clearly said Disney reserves the right to move the location of your picture so long as it is on display in the park.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Parts of Leave a Legacy are moving to make way for a new Epcot Entrance. The new entrance will feature enhanced security checkpoints, putting Epcot's security in line with the other parks. No word yet on when that will be completed.
    -Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast