Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chef Mickey's

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Chef Mickey's

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    The trouble is that many people have a bad experience one time and make it sound like the restaurant is horrible (despite the fact that they may have had many good experiences there before).
    For as much as they charge, I decided to pull the plug in September - even though it is on free dining. That once was enough this year, it wasn't a good enough experience to repeat.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    Food that is served out of warming trays does not stay that way for long after it hits your plate and typically the return to your table at this character meal takes a bit longer considering the size of the facility and all that is going on.
    Longer walk due to size? I know its not on the other side of the aisle... but lets keep perspective. What.. maybe 50ft away. Most of the 'size' in the place is duplication to handle capacity of the place.

The place is a large buffet, not a intimate dinner booth. Food is prepared in bulk vs per order (for many things). There are other people there.

Keep those things realistically in your head and you'll be fine.

• back to WDW in January

The trouble is that many people have a bad experience one time and make it sound like the restaurant is horrible (despite the fact that they may have had many good experiences there before).
    We have eaten at CM 3 times in the last four years, each time to celebrate a childs Bday and each time has been a disappointment. The food just wasn't that great, the crowds made it impossible to spend much time with the characters and of course the prices kept creeping up.
    Flash back about ten years or so and I can honestly say that we thoroughly enjoyed our vists to Chef Mickey's which was one spot we would always try to take in on each of our previous trips.
    Now we go to the Cape May Cafe' for our Character Breakfasts and the Liberty Tree for dinners. We find the food and atmosphere are better at those restuarants and even the kids don't miss all the hoopla.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    Flash back about ten years or so and I can honestly say that we thoroughly enjoyed our vists to Chef Mickey's which was one spot we would always try to take in on each of our previous trips.
    I can go back just a few years - I thought CM's had a very good 10 year+ stretch.

But there are a lot of VERY nice places - fancy restaurants, where I can have a nice meal for $30. I don't care as much about characters, but I used to love the food at Chef Mickeys. This time, not so much. Why would I want to give up another $30 or a dining credit again? For as much as they charge, it doesn't seem like it should be hard to keep the salad bar full. That is mostly what I eat, and it was in very bad shape. I prefer Trails End.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• KING OF CABMF'S

My parents told me that for what they paid, the food was not as goos as it could be, the characters were not as abundant as they could have been, and CMs were acting a bit on the rude side. but that was in 1995, things may have changed since then. but after that experience WDWGirl had i dont think im ever going to go back there!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12