Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chef Mickey's

• Too far from Disney World

Chef Mickey's

For our last sit-down meal we're thinking of doing Chef Mickey's. I've checked out the menu on allears.net and both the breakfast and dinner options look good. Can anyone tell me if the characters listed on allears are the only characters at each meal and even if those characters are for sure to be there?

Also, can anyone tell me their experience with the food there? Good/bad?
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: Chef Mickey's

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    For our last sit-down meal we're thinking of doing Chef Mickey's. I've checked out the menu on allears.net and both the breakfast and dinner options look good. Can anyone tell me if the characters listed on allears are the only characters at each meal and even if those characters are for sure to be there?

Also, can anyone tell me their experience with the food there? Good/bad?
    we only went there once, and i think there was a reason
    Someone told me that the food was cold when they went, and it was not 'up to disney's standards' (whatever level their standards are at this point)
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

we have had dinner and breakfast there and enjoyed it both times. I prefer breakfast. the characters that were there at the time were the fab five along with chip and dale. (mickey,minnie,goofy, donald,pluto,chip and dale.) I think that covers it.

• I Love Teaching!

We had breakfast there at it was good, we saw mickey, minnie, donald and goofy. we enjoyed it.

• back to WDW in January

That depends on what you are after. The food is pretty standard buffet fare and there is lots of it but there is nothing exceptional on the menu and unfortunately it's not always that good.
    The entertainment however is aplenty thanks to all the characters at your disposal. They are readily available and walk around the entire time. Some even hang out at the center waiting area to greet guests. To celebrate occasions and the occasions of other guests you get to sing along with the characters and swing your cloth napkins in the air.
    Lots of fun, lots of noise and loved by all the kiddies.

We were'nt thrilled with Chef Mickey's. We did Ohana's breakfast and loved it. Just seemed like the characters had so much more time to spend with the kids. We enjoyed it so much that we are once again doing it in 24 days!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I can guarantee that the characters have a lot of restaurant to cover. When I was there we were told to see the entire restaurant per set. We were doing either 30 or 45 minute sets. If you know how big that place is you'll also know how many tables are in it. I'm not saying you won't have quality character time but you might have more at other locations. 1900 Park Faire is an excellent choice as is Cape May Cafe. I have eaten both breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickey's and I was not overly thrilled with either. There are other options that I think you should keep looking at.

• Disney Dreams

My family's food was VERY cold, and we were there around Christmas season (not last Christmas, the one before). I was crying there because I remembered my dad, who died the year before around Christmastime, and when the CM came and asked what was wrong and we told him, he said very bluntly that he "didn't care", and to "stop crying". I was appalled ( sp? ). Another CM came later and apologized "on the behalf of the Disney CMs" and brought all the characters over for some pics and autographs. It was nice to have this, but I felt hurt at the first CM's comment - I've never been so surprised at CM behavior in my life. I know that this in no way reflects the FOOD at Chef Mickey's, but since this occurred during my visit there, I naturally can only think of this when I think of Chef Mickey's. But as for the food, as I mentioned before, it was VERY cold. I haven't been back since - so I can't say it's like that all the time - maybe it was just that night.

• Disney Memory Maker

Food-wise, I like the Crystal Palace more, but Chef Mickeys was very good when I went there (maybe a week ago).

The characters were Mickey, Minnie, Donald & Goofy. I believe Chip & Dale also makes appearances occasionally. And unlike past years, all the characters rotated (it used to be that either Donald or Goofy would stay in the front).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    My family's food was VERY cold, and we were there around Christmas season (not last Christmas, the one before). I was crying there because I remembered my dad, who died the year before around Christmastime, and when the CM came and asked what was wrong and we told him, he said very bluntly that he "didn't care", and to "stop crying". I was appalled ( sp? ). Another CM came later and apologized "on the behalf of the Disney CMs" and brought all the characters over for some pics and autographs. It was nice to have this, but I felt hurt at the first CM's comment - I've never been so surprised at CM behavior in my life. I know that this in no way reflects the FOOD at Chef Mickey's, but since this occurred during my visit there, I naturally can only think of this when I think of Chef Mickey's. But as for the food, as I mentioned before, it was VERY cold. I haven't been back since - so I can't say it's like that all the time - maybe it was just that night.
    want to go after the CM next time we are at WDW?? we can sneak up on that guy during his break. remember how i was with the AK restaurant and the tables? same thing gonna happen with this guy
    im pretty mad at that CM for what he said now . i hope after that CM apology, they fired him, because if he didn't care about something that serious then idk someone better go after him.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Wow I'm so sorry you had to experience that. That really changes my mind about this place!

I really want to do a character meal where Donald will be. We're already scheduled for his breakfast at Animal Kingdom. Is he guranteed to be anywhere else???
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Little Miss Sunshine

I have always enjoyed Chef Mickeys until I had a very mediocre experience a few weeks back. The server was fine, the characters were fine - the food area (salad bar specifically) looked like a tornado hit it and sucked all the food out of the containers. The desserts were fine, but what I considered their signature dessert - a chocolate mousse cake - was no longer there.

When I got back, I cancelled my free dining reservation for Chef Mickeys. Now I have Kona.

The whole picture thing is pretty tacky too, IMHO. Fortunately I showed up after the family I was joining already took theirs. But I know there are people who enjoy that sort of thing too!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Pilot EdForceOne

How is the food 'cold'? It's sitting in hot pans in the buffet or made to order. I'm confused.

Its pretty loud and busy in there.. but I thought the buffet was great. Lots of 'disney-food' choices... lots of over-the-top breakfast deserts, etc. It's way more then you'd find at any counter-service or the family-style places.

Try to get the earliest reservations so its not so busy.. but after the first 30+ minutes.. the place is running at capacity (as they funnel everyone in) and its quite a 'high volume' place in both people and potential noise.

The characters were great when we were last there.

• back to WDW in January

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    How is the food 'cold'? It's sitting in hot pans in the buffet or made to order. I'm confused.
    Its pretty loud and busy in there.. but I thought the buffet was great. Lots of 'disney-food' choices... lots of over-the-top breakfast deserts, etc. It's way more then you'd find at any counter-service or the family-style places.
    Food that is served out of warming trays does not stay that way for long after it hits your plate and typically the return to your table at this character meal takes a bit longer considering the size of the facility and all that is going on.
    Sure there is definitely lot's of food and some of it is quite tasty but no matter where you go you can only eat so much and quantity does not necessarily equal quality. After all is said and done, the food at Disney buffet's is pretty typical and much of the same appetizers, dishes and desserts can be found at nearly all of them.
    As for comparing it to another non-Disney facility, that isn't really fair considering the obvious price differential.

More specific meal info can be found here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/70512-price-increases-coming-chef-mickeys.html

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The trouble is that many people have a bad experience one time and make it sound like the restaurant is horrible (despite the fact that they may have had many good experiences there before).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast