Transportation between Uni and WDW?

Hi folks,

First off, my apologies if this question has already been asked before. I'm in a bit of a time crunch, and simple searches didn't reveal anything for me.

I will be going on a business trip later this month to Orlando. I'm staying at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal (the company's choice). While I won't have much time for park touring, for one or two evenings I would like to have dinner and do a little shopping at the WDW hotels.

My problem is transportation. I'd like to avoid the hassle of a rental car if possible. What transportation options can you recommend for going between WDW (Downtown Disney or the TTC) and Uni (the HR Hotel specifically), and/or the Orange County Convention Center? Are there public busses? Would it be easier to use a cab? Transportation to/from the airport will be covered for me, but it's out of my own pocket for the evenings, so I'd like to keep the cost down.

Any and all ideas, thoughts, and donations of large sums of cash welcome. Thanks much!

Check with the Hard Rock Hotel, they may actually provide that themselves like many area hotels do. If they don't, then there may be a Mears shuttle that will run between the hotel and Disney World.
    I work at a Disney Resort and Mears does have a shuttle that will run between Disney hotels and Universal, however reservations are usually required.