Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• This space for rent

Kilimanjaro Safaris Injury

I was watching WFTV Channel 9 Eyewitness News a little bit ago, and they reported that earlier today a man injured his ankle after dropping his camera during Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom, and then jumped out to retrieve it.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: Kilimanjaro Safaris Injury

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    I was watching WFTV Channel 9 Eyewitness News a little bit ago, and they reported that earlier today a man injured his ankle after dropping his camera during Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom, and then jumped out to retrieve it.

Thats what you get for not listening to and/or following instructions.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Circle of Ancients

Well, that's his own fault for being a dumb ***.

Wow. Thats...ummmm....special.

• Defying gravity

Yeah, I mean, a camera is not worth risking jumping in the way of giraffes and such crossing your path. Hence the reason you are supposed to "Keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the vehicle at all times. *insert Spanish spiel*" This is also why there are bags to store personal items. Sheesh!

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!!

I have absolutely no sympathy for this guy whatsoever.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• She was sweet as a peach

His own fault.
    No sypathy.
    Not newsworthy unless they are doing a segment on stupid human tricks.

Some village is missing it's idiot. I think we found him.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This guy is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Dumb. Dumb. DUMB!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    dont they have a rule that you must stay in the touring bus at all times and report anything missing to like guest services or the staff at Kilimanjaro safaris?
    Why would you jump out of a ride to get your camera? that would be like jumping off of test track for your hat or Living with the land for your wallet. its endangering to both you and the things around you. now what would happen if a lion came and attacked that guy? That would totally be his fault for not following instructions
    I guess what im trying to get across is, what kind of bonehead move was he trying to pull?
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    dont they have a rule that you must stay in the touring bus at all times and report anything missing to like guest services or the staff at Kilimanjaro safaris?
    Why would you jump out of a ride to get your camera? that would be like jumping off of test track for your hat or Living with the land for your wallet. its endangering to both you and the things around you. now what would happen if a lion came and attacked that guy? That would totally be his fault for not following instructions
    I guess what im trying to get across is, what kind of bonehead move was he trying to pull?
    There are stupid people in the world. Look at Disneyland's People Mover in the 60s and 70s. Two people died because they got out of their ride vehicle.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    There are stupid people in the world. Look at Disneyland's People Mover in the 60s and 70s. Two people died because they got out of their ride vehicle.
    they should have some people take a test to see if they are smart enough to listen throughout an entire ride spiel, and then take a test to see if they can stand still, so they dont decide to hop off a moving car at will.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    or the teenager that tried to climb out and over her doombuggy and was killed or the guy who decided he didn't want to go down the drop on splash and tried to climbe out of the log and was hit by the one behind him. he is lucky he only hurt his ankle. People go on vacation and check their brains and manners at the door when it comes to theme parks.

If he sues, then I propose a bunch of us Micechatters go out and beat him up. Agreed?
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• This space for rent

What I'd like to know is what kind of camera was so worth it to this guy to potentially risk life, and actually risking limb for?? I hope for his sake it was atleast a really nice SLR or DSLR or high end video camera, and not just a point and shoot type like I play with.

I also would love to know where he jumped out at, over the crocodile area seems the most appropriate place for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast