Rasulo talking 'bout Epcot's 25th

We all know that Jim MacPhee has been working to make some sort of Epcot 25th anniversary despite a marketing department only interested in promoting Disney Parks: Where Dreams Come True and during The Year of a Million Dreams We're Making New Dreams, Some Thought Impossible, Come True Every Day ... so call your travel agent and come visit WDW Where Magic Lives ... oops ...

Anyway, while things are going on behind the scenes, all of a sudden Jay 'what direction is the wind blowing and how can I save my a$$?' Rasulo has started acknowledging the anniversary both privately and in memos and emails to the cast.

It sort of makes one wonder just how rudderless Parks and Resorts are under a man who has no use for the product that has made him a very wealthy individual ... this is something that should have had planning done 18-36 months ago.

Anyway, just an interesting point ... oh, and wandless merchandise is starting to show up all over Epcot too.

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Rasulo talking 'bout Epcot's 25th

Cripes, what were the requirements for him to get the job? I mean did they just ask him one question, "Are you now or have you ever been Paul Pressler?"

Nice to hear they're might-be-kind-of-maybe doing something for the big...err...small 25th.
    - Horizonsfan

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Jay's requirement? Can you speak French? His reply? A little. Okay, you're in charge of Disneyland Paris. Then eventually Parks and Resorts.
    -Bill

• I may be nutz...but...

I emailed Disney to find out what was going to happen for the 25th anniversary of EPCOT. I got a message on my answering machine from Jim MacPhee two days later. He gave me his phone number and said he would keep trying to get a hold of me. He is interested in talking about the 25th anniversary and YOAMD! I hope to reach him this next week, either Monday or Tuesday. I will be looking forward to talking with him. He sounds like a very cool guy and accessible to people who genuinely have an interest in their favorite Theme Parks!
    Susabelle

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

oh, and wandless merchandise is starting to show up all over Epcot too.
    The wandless merch has been around since at least May.

Blog Entries

What e-mail address did you use. If it'll help and they're getting routed over to Jim, I'll send one in support as well.

he is not in charge of Disneyland Paris anymore . But he can help making decisions .

WDC still decide about what's going on at Disneyland Paris . Rasulo ran Disneyland Paris with lots of budget cuts .

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    I emailed Disney to find out what was going to happen for the 25th anniversary of EPCOT. I got a message on my answering machine from Jim MacPhee two days later. He gave me his phone number and said he would keep trying to get a hold of me. He is interested in talking about the 25th anniversary and YOAMD! I hope to reach him this next week, either Monday or Tuesday. I will be looking forward to talking with him. He sounds like a very cool guy and accessible to people who genuinely have an interest in their favorite Theme Parks!
    Susabelle
    Woah, how did you get so lucky that he actually called you?!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Woah, how did you get so lucky that he actually called you?!
    Goes to show you, he needs to get off the phone and stop the personal calls and show face by tackling problem areas, so we can praise more than whine.

• Dreamer

Would love to hear his reponse to your thoughts! Keep us posted!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    WDC still decide about what's going on at Disneyland Paris . Rasulo ran Disneyland Paris with lots of budget cuts .
    as if that park is not plummeting already, stockwise and visitorwise, and as if disney does not make enough money (30 billion per year the last time i checked) he has to use budget cuts on the least developed park under the control of WDI?
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [: