• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Cool I View WDW As Everyone's Theme Park, Not Just Your Theme Park...

Discuss if you agree. Discuss if you disagree.

The reason I bring up this quote of mine is because people complain every day about their ride or their experience on a WDW attraction ruined by another person who's visiting the same theme park/attraction you selected to visit that day.

So I just tell people who complain, "It's everyone's theme park, not just yours."

Again...

Discuss if you agree. Discuss if you disagree. [with my quote]
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Geoff London

Re: I View WDW As Everyone's Theme Park, Not Just Your Theme Park...

Some people just don't know how to have fun. To think they save all year for a one or two week vacation and then they gripe the whole time. Maybe Disney should create a "Moaning-land" for them and let the rest of us get on with enjoying the experience.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It's MY Park. I'm the VP of the MK. -Phil Holmes

Discuss. LOL
    -Bill

• I may be nutz...but...

I don't get what you are saying. That people are complaining when they are in an attraction and there are others there too? That makes no sense. It is a large Theme Park. There are going to be lots of people there.

sues

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Susabelle View Post
    I don't get what you are saying. That people are complaining when they are in an attraction and there are others there too? That makes no sense. It is a large Theme Park. There are going to be lots of people there.

sues
    Read recent threads... we got people complaining because someone else sat in 'their boat', etc.

You are going to a public place that is shared with other people. Getting things like no one else in your boat is a bonus.. not a expected right.

And for the # of people lining up at City Hall to complain.. I got a big cry baby t-shirt for each of you. You better have some damn good reason to be lining up.. like a CM basically spitting on you, abusing you, or something. Every person that goes to City Hall to complain about an attraction or closure should get dropped through the floor into the MK sewer.. so they'll REALLY have something to complain about.

No sympathy from me.. It's a theme park, not your backyard. Move along
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

I go to WDW monthly and have yet to have a really bad time . not that things couldn't be improved in some areas, I just tend to see improvements and refurbs and don't sweat the small stuff. but I understand the profectionists out there. Walt was one after all.

• Progressive Disneylander

Well, there is no way that one or two guests are going to ruin my day/trip at the parks. It would take an extreme circumstance where I would be that bothered.

My irritation -- when it does happen -- usually only lasts for the duration of the ride. On those few occurances, it's usually due to the blatent rule breaking like flash pictures all the way through Pirates or HM or someone chatting on their cell phone while on a ride or something.

What actually irks me most about those circumstances is not the actual act, but the the lack of respect that they have for those around them. I see it as someone basically flipping off everyone around them because they clearly don't care about anyone else's experience.

It may be everyone's park, but it doesn't mean that people shouldn't be responsible for their actions and only think about themselves.

Still, complaining about it on MC doesn't do anything to resolve it. It's unfortunately always going to happen and you have to be able to get over it ASAP in order to properly enjoy the day/trip.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Some people just like to complain.
    Don't feed them, and they'll stop.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Read recent threads... we got people complaining because someone else sat in 'their boat', etc.

You are going to a public place that is shared with other people. Getting things like no one else in your boat is a bonus.. not a expected right.

And for the # of people lining up at City Hall to complain.. I got a big cry baby t-shirt for each of you. You better have some damn good reason to be lining up.. like a CM basically spitting on you, abusing you, or something. Every person that goes to City Hall to complain about an attraction or closure should get dropped through the floor into the MK sewer.. so they'll REALLY have something to complain about.

No sympathy from me.. It's a theme park, not your backyard. Move along

While I would never claim a boat as "mine" I have noticed in general, not just WDW, that people have become a lot more self centered. In fact I just had this converstaion with my kids this morning, about before you do something, think about how it may effect others. Case in point. last time i was at MK, I was sitting in the hUB for Wishes, as were about 100 other people around me. I would have personaly liked to stand, but I am sure my 6' 4" 220lb frame would have blocked a few views, so I stayed sitting on the street. Just before the show, some guy stands up so he and videotape the show. In the process he blocks the view of about 10 kids behind him. A number of people (myself included) asked him to sit down, so he takes a step to the side, but stays standing. I dont care if this was you first, second, 300th or whatever trip. That was downright selfish. He runined 10 other peoples night, so he could get his video. This is the sort of thing that bothers me.

i see a LOT of it. People stopping wheelchairs or ECVs directly ACROSS a path, so they can check their guide maps. People getting in line for food and then when the get to the register sending their kid to find his wife and ask what she wants to eat. Thats great, hold up everybody else in line, so your better half can relax and make up her mind.

Do you see my point? People dont seem to do this on porpose either, they walk around in a daze unaware of their actions. They either have earbud headphones jammed in their ears, or their cell phone plastered to the side of their head. Whew, that was a nice rant, wasn't it. I am sure people just would LOVE to run into me in the parks

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Discuss if you agree. Discuss if you disagree.

The reason I bring up this quote of mine is because people complain every day about their ride or their experience on a WDW attraction ruined by another person who's visiting the same theme park/attraction you selected to visit that day.

So I just tell people who complain, "It's everyone's theme park, not just yours."

Again...

Discuss if you agree. Discuss if you disagree. [with my quote]
    I agree. but when you get mad at someone for ruining your experience you are not calling your theme park. they are calling it theirs. i have seen stuck up college kids drunk in tomorrowland doing what they feel like. when i got mad, i did not call it my theme park, they called it theirs. When we told a CM that two girls were playing with the jumping fountain at EPCOT, i was not calling it my theme park. they were calling it theres. I know it may sound odd and im half asleep writing this, but really, when i complain about another visitor, i am saying they are calling the theme park theirs. Idk if you mean paranoid complaining, but when someone it bugging you doing something that you know is not etiquite (god knows if i spelled that right) and they are doing what they please, without consequence, that gets to you. i can see complaining about a two year old crying, thats a different story. but in general, some people call the park theirs and take action to it, and complaining is totally alright sometimes
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• When Will It Return?

Look, any theme park is like any other public place - we're either going to live in our own filth, or we're not. If you don't want to, first don't do it yourself, and then you can ask others not to ruin it for you.

It isn't about the place being my park, your park, Bob's park or anyone's park. It's everyone's park, so, might as well make it the best it can be for everyone.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

ORDDU: The only time my good times are ruined at a Disney theme park is when I can't convince any of the handsome hunks I encounter, there, to give me their addresses or phone numbers--

ORGOCH: --which don't make no sense 'cause we don't even have no phones in Morva, no-ways!! So, who ya gonna' call?

ORWEN: Hunk Busters???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: The only time my good times are ruined at a Disney theme park is when I can't convince any of the handsome hunks I encounter, there, to give me their addresses or phone numbers--

ORGOCH: --which don't make no sense 'cause we don't even have no phones in Morva, no-ways!! So, who ya gonna' call?

ORWEN: Hunk Busters???
    you ladies make my day!!!