Entertainment Wait Times?

Hi there fellow Micechatters! I'm going to Disneyworld for the first time in only TWO WEEKS! I'm super excited, but as I finish finalizing the details for the trip, I was wondering if I could ask you experts a few questions about waiting for certain shows and parades.

1. I have the Fantasmic Dining Package, but I was wondering how early should I go in order to get good seats within the reserved section? This is for the 9:00 show.

2. For Illuminations, what's the best time to start waiting? And also WHERE should I watch? The lake/lagoon or whatever just seems so VAST! For dinner before Illuminations, I've already made reservations at Chefs de la France? I'm not sure if that's what it's called.

3. How early do I go for Finding Nemo?

4. How early do I go for Wishes?

Anyways....any help would be greatly appreciated ! You guys rock. And i'll be sure to post up a trip report during my fantastic 7 day journey!
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• I was deleted.

Re: Entertainment Wait Times?

Oh, that's right! You are going with your friends. I was wondering when that trip was going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    1. I have the Fantasmic Dining Package, but I was wondering how early should I go in order to get good seats within the reserved section? This is for the 9:00 show.
    You can get in early for the seating area with your dining package; however, the seating won't change that much. Keeping in mind you know the Disenyland version of this show a lot more, I wouldn't worry about requiring front row seats. The dining area almost never fills up either. Say the close off the dining area at 8:30, personally I would get there around 8 if the park doesn't feel that full. (You should be able to see if the park feels full by the wait times for Tower and Coaster and how busy the shows are.) If the park feels more busy, it couldn't hurt to get in there a little earlier and use the time to releax, rest, and plan out your next day in the parks.

2. For Illuminations, what's the best time to start waiting? And also WHERE should I watch? The lake/lagoon or whatever just seems so VAST! For dinner before Illuminations, I've already made reservations at Chefs de la France? I'm not sure if that's what it's called.
    IllumiNations can be seen from a number of places, but overall it really depends upon the wind. No, not the wind as in they will cancel it as they do with fireworks on the west coast, but you want to make sure that the fireworks aren't going towards you. So watch for the direction of the wind (which it gets REALLY easy to tell once the torches FINALLY get lit, what, 5 minutes before the show.)

There are some areas over by Italy, Japan, France/Morocco, UK, and Norway that you'll be able to spot as you walk by as good viewing areas - many with little "pathways" that bring you closer to the lagoon.

Another area would be "the bridge" or the little area between the two shops as you enter World Showcase from Future World. Right behind the shops you face America, and if it isn't too windy a few minutes before CMs will drop a rope and it will be sitting room only in this area; however, the view is quite nice.

3. How early do I go for Finding Nemo?
    Unlike the Subs Nemo isn't crazy at Epcot. The attraction also opened last fall and loads constantly (think, Mansion w/o Preshow) so the line will keep moving. I know the line will creep up to 45 minutes during the busy times of the day, but most guests will run to Soarin' for FP and then check out Nemo and such, so I would suggest visiting this attraction after 4pm for a shorter line.

4. How early do I go for Wishes?
    Guests don't often camp out for Wishes like the do Remember and the crowd control isn't as crazy either! Just be sure to keep in mind that some of the best viewing for Wishes is actually on Main Street and not as close to the castle as you would be at Disneyland. I tend to watch Wishes from Town Square because I've seen it a number of times, but right in the middle of the end of Main Street by the Bakery and Casey's would be a great place to stand for them.

How far ahead of time you want to get a location really depends upon the schedule of the day. You have to factor in what time SpectroMagic is running, so say the parade is at 9, Wishes at 10 and Spectro again at 11. I would say around 9:30/9:45 to go find a spot... at least for the first time you watch it.

I hope you all have a GREAT time and feel free to ask any other questions, as you have already in the past.

• Minion

I think he was referring to the show at Animal Kingdom when he said Finding Nemo.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• and too all a good fright

Last Visit was in April over Easter so the parks were packed --

Finding Nemo in AK - Honestly, the lines were pretty long for this. Though the CMs do a good job of packing the crowds into the theater, there were some people who didn't get in. I would plan on getting there an hour before the show. Its close to dino land so if the line isn't too bad you can poke around in the shops there.

Fantasmic - BPF is right on. I don't think there are any truly horrible seats for fantasmic, just good seats and better seats. The reserved section is pretty good all around.

Wishes - Usually there is a parade that ends about a half hour before wishes starts. If you stake a spot out on main street for the parade, just stay there afterwards. Casey's is my ideal parade/fireworks spot.
    Last edited by flotsam_mike; 07-24-2007 at 05:31 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've already made reservations at Chefs de la France? I'm not sure if that's what it's called.
    Close. It's Chefs de France. I'm going there for lunch next month.