Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Mansion Caretaker

Re: EPCOT: A ride for every country in World Showcase

All I can say is: Bring back the Israel Simulator!!
    A message from the Ghost Host- Don't stare at the secret door.

• Swamp Thing

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    ITA!!! - I think WS could use a thrill ride, and this could be educational, AND thrilling! I don't think EVERY single country should have a ride, as that would make it almost TOO crowded, and as someone said, people would only come for the ride ( more likely than not ). I say KEEP Maelstrom, KEEP Gran Fiesta Tour, and ADD this Mt. Fuji ride.
    How would it be too crowded? It would draw crowds away from Future World and balance out the crowds in the park. Maybe Soarin' wouldn't have an hour and a half wait if there were rides over in WS. They could then open WS at 9:00am and not stagger the opening.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by AdrainB View Post
    How would it be too crowded? It would draw crowds away from Future World and balance out the crowds in the park. Maybe Soarin' wouldn't have an hour and a half wait if there were rides over in WS. They could then open WS at 9:00am and not stagger the opening.
    And isn't the point of adding attractions to bring in larger crowds?

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

I think every country should have both a ride or nice show and a movie. The rides don't have to be much. Just give us something and also a movie to tell us about the country. The Maelstrom isn't all that much of a ride, but it works in Norway. An attraction and a movie in every country would be a welcome addition with me.

The big problem with WS at Epcot as I see it is this.

It educates only superficially at best. Many romanticize that it once did so better. But that simply isn't the case in my opinion. And if you're not going to do anything other than educate superficially, you'd better entertain. Sadly, World Showcase does neither well enough and Epcot as a whole suffers the same problem. When Disney is throwing coloring stations in to keep the kids in line, there is something wrong. I for one didn't pay all that money to get in to eat, shop for German beer steins made in China, and have my kid color while learning virtually nothing. Yet this is what nearly half of World Showcase is right now. I can virtually get any food Epcot serves in my town. I can buy most of what it sells. And I can do that for free. My kids can color for $1.97.

• Sock Puppet

Norway and Mexico are constantly chosen as guest's favorite WS pavilion because they have boat rides. I answered a Disney survey once and it asked me what my favorite WS country was, why I liked it, and suggestions/comments. I picked Mexico, and said that WS needs an attraction in each country. A boat ride could easily be added to Germany, and it would be great to travel along the canals of Venice in the Italy pavilion. Too bad that Disney isn't building much original attractions anymore and is sticking to all things PIXAR. Well, maybe there is hope for a Ratatouille attraction in the France pavilion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I heard Japan was going to get a Godzilla ride, essentially an even more thrilling version of the Bullet Train idea which would have ended with a face to face encounter with the Monster King himself as he grabs and tries to bite your train.
    Bringing that in would definitely give World Showcase a nice thrilling attraction that I'd probably go on again and again. Heck, update the concept and bring in another Toho monster like Mothra or Ghidorah and make it even better.
    Kinda sounds like the old King Kong ride at Universal

• Senior Minion

Hey! England could have 'Joyriders 3000' ride - a whirlwind tour around London before crashing through the front window of a shop! (I'm English so I can say that)

Really though, World Showcase does not need an attraction in every land. A few more rides would be nice but if you want rides go to MK or MGM. The attraction of WS is the lack of attractions and the atmosphere that each country has. EPCOT is a nice gentle day or two with WS being the best part IMO. Queuing for rides would ruin it.

For the record - I am a great lover of all types of ride but sometimes its nice to just take it easy and smell the roses.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Haha! Now that ride I wanna say. Or even Corontation Street, the ride!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Or even Corontation Street, the ride!
    Now I'm afraid you may have alienated our American cousins with that Anglocentric reference!

(FYI - Its a drab soap opera that is amazingly popular over here)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Actually I think Corrie has somewhat or a presence in Canada at least. Hey, you said 'ta', I can reference Corrie! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    how about a "wild " trip through london in a taxi or double decker bus? it could be simulation or dark, either would work. you could almost miss parliment or head towards the gates of the palace when they are changing the guard... stuff like that, fun and educational as well.
    I love this idea! It would be very cool. I would love to see something like a changing of the guard show 2 times a day or something as well.
    Kungaloosh!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123