Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Swamp Thing

EPCOT: A ride for every country in World Showcase

I think that every country in World Showcase should have a ride. Just having a facade or movie doesn't cut it in the 21st century. Most people who attend Epcot don't bother to watch the movies in Canada, France, China or Norway (at the end of the Maelstrom ride). The first country they should start with is England. There is already a ride in storage that would be perfect, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

What ideas do you have for rides in the different countries?

• Minion

Re: EPCOT: A ride for every country in World Showcase

I agree, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would fit perfectly in England. The problem is that Disney would lose money from having more rides in the World Showcase. Future World usually closes at 7 and World Showcase at 9. The strategy behind this is to force guests into an area that is dominated almost solely by shopping and dinning options. If rides were in the World Showcase people would spend less time shopping and dining there. I would love for there to be a ride for every country in the World Showcase, but I doubt we will ever get another ride in the World Showcase in the first place.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I think having rides everywhere would make WS very crowded! I like it pretty much as it is. I'd not mind another attraction, like Mr. Toad in England.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Can anyone provide a complete listing of all the countries in place and what rides a country already has? That would be a good starting point! That way we can think up rides for the countries that really need them first.

(i.e. maelstrom, three cabelleros, etc)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Can anyone provide a complete listing of all the countries in place and what rides a country already has? That would be a good starting point! That way we can think up rides for the countries that really need them first.

You just listed all the rides in the World Showcase. Malestrom is for Norway and Three Cabelleros is for Mexico.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    You just listed all the rides in the World Showcase. Malestrom is for Norway and Three Cabelleros is for Mexico.
    LOL, ok so can someone list the other countries then?

• Little Miss Sunshine

LOL, ok so can someone list the other countries then?
    China (movie)
    Morocco
    Japan
    France (movie)
    Canada (movie)
    England
    US (American Adventure)
    Germany

I think that is it, just off the top of my head
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

Well, at one point, they were thinking of putting a roller coaster behind Japan, sort of like a Mt Fuji ride. Also, they could put the Matterhorn behind Germany.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

I'm not sure about a ride for every country but if Mr. Toad came back in the England pavilion I would do back flips of glee.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

MR TOAD would not really tell the story of England. It's a Fantasyland ride, pure and simple. Come on out to Anaheim if you want to ride it. Same with the Matterhorn. The real Matterhorn is on the Swiss-Italian border, it would make no sense in Germany. And Florida has the Expedition Everest Ride so they don't need a Matterhorn or Mt. Fuji.

I think if they do any new attractions they should be educational and teach you about the country like the Norway ride/movie.

There should be SOARIN' OVER CANADA or one of the other countries. Or SOARIN' OVER THE WORLD at the Showcase entrance would have made more sense than SOARIN OVER CALIFORNIA IN THE LAND PAVILLION.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    MR TOAD would not really tell the story of England. It's a Fantasyland ride, pure and simple. Come on out to Anaheim if you want to ride it. Same with the Matterhorn. The real Matterhorn is on the Swiss-Italian border, it would make no sense in Germany. And Florida has the Expedition Everest Ride so they don't need a Matterhorn or Mt. Fuji.

I think if they do any new attractions they should be educational and teach you about the country like the Norway ride/movie.

There should be SOARIN' OVER CANADA or one of the other countries. Or SOARIN' OVER THE WORLD at the Showcase entrance would have made more sense than SOARIN OVER CALIFORNIA IN THE LAND PAVILLION.
    I agree 100%. Epcot is about education, learning, and experencing. Quite honestly TT and MS are a stretch, but I forgive that, as they are in FW. Keep the spirit of WS as it should be, and don't cheapen it with rides.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Stop That!

There should be SOARIN' OVER CANADA or one of the other countries.
    Isn't the Soarin' bldg pretty much behind Canada anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I agree 100%. Epcot is about education, learning, and experencing. ... Keep the spirit of WS as it should be, and don't cheapen it with rides.
    Rides can't be educational? Technically WS "should" have had more rides, according to the original plan. They built a large building behind Germany for the Rhine River Boat Ride, for example.

I would say instead, "Don't cheapen it with underfunded, thematically questionable rides." And no clones.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I can

Mexico.....Three Cabelleros(Waterbourne ride)
    China.......Wonders of China?(Movie)
    Norway....Maelstrom(Waterbourne ride)
    Italy........No ride or movie
    Germany...No ride or movie but there is(or at least was) a show building for a water ride that never was built.
    America...The American Adventure(AA show/movie)
    Japan......No ride or movie but there were plans for a Rollercoaster type attraction that got nixed for various reasons(read $).
    Morocco...No ride or movie
    France.....Impressions of France?(Movie)
    United Kingdom....No ride or movie
    Canada....O'Canada?(Movie)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Moderator

Exactly. Soarin' over CA shouldn't be reproduced so that nobody would want to ride DCA's when they finally visit. It should be completely different. Now, it helps that the ride is just called SOARIN' so I really hope they're working on a 'soarin' over the world' film right now. Canada has some amazing landscapes. How about going over the Great Wall of China? Hawaiian Islands. African savanas. You name it! Finale of course would be.... the world of disney store. J/k! Disney World would be the finale as we visit each and every park from above. And as great as the score Jerry Goldsmith did, I'm sure they can keep the main theme but incorporate sounds and flavors around the world for this version.

But alas, that doesn't help the individual Countries, which is the nature of this thread!

Ok so Mexico has a Donald Duck river boat ride. And Norway has Maelstrom boat ride.

Hmm... is there anything we can do that isn't a boat ride?

China is an ancient ancient world. How about a dark ride with animatronics about the nifty inventions created by them? Paper, Tea, Noodles, Fireworks, etc etc. and uhh.... narrated by Mulan if they must but I don't think they need to.

Also if the powers that be jettison the educational element, it could be a Mulan dark ride. But yah... this is Epcot.

Morocco... I'll have to do some thinking.

Japan. Well... Mount Fuji is Japan's highest mountain and ALSO a dormant volcano. That screams of various storylines that Disney World currently does not have right now. It's begging to be a thrill ride though. But who says a thrill ride couldn't be educational?

The ride could start off as an exploration of this 'dormant' volcano as we learn about various things until.... we wake it up and rush to escape!

France... err.... i'll have to think.

Canada. I'll also have to think.

England. Mmm.... Great Mouse Detective?? I guess not educational enough.

Germany... Beerfest the ride? Sorry.

USA... well, it could be anything really.

Also I was thinking of a storybook canal type ride but like a world showcase of disney films that took place around the world. Forbidden City for China, Notre Dame cathedral for France. Big Ben from Peter Pan and Great Mouse Detective for London. Etc etc etc.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Future World usually closes at 7 and World Showcase at 9.
    But these days most the rides in Future World are open until 9 (a few do close at 7 though).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast