Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Haunted Mansion refurb info

Quote Originally Posted by TBAAFAN View Post
    A great website.
    Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    A website that usually gets a lot more "juicy" inside information as far as WDW. Not that they're always right but, they're usually entertaining at the very least! In fact as of lately, a lot of the "news" posted here was posted there first.

Now don't get me wrong I love MC! WDWmagic and MC both have their pros and cons. I wouldn't call one better than the other and I'm pretty saddened that there seems to be bickering on both sides as to who's the better unofficial fan site.

As far as the HM goes, I'd have to say WDWM has had more information sent their way (well first at least). Of course, with it not even reopened yet, we won't really know what all is true until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by akldge View Post
    You are FULL OF IT. Get over yourself and quit acting like you are a employee of a company that you aren't.

None of what you are saying is anything that hasn't already been said on other sites, such as WDWMAGIC. All of what has been discussed over there was spewed and dispersed into your post here.

You are making yourself look like a fool, and your intentions are obvious. It takes a lot of gut to come here and act like you are some sort of an official source, saying "we" this and "we" that. Your attempts to make people think you are something special are so obvious and belligerent, that above all, it just shows how much of a liar you really are.

Ridiculous that ANYONE would take you seriously or believe any of the drivel-spewing posts you are throwing out right and left. Absolutely ridiculous.

....that is all....
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Bill, I should know this by now, but what do you do at WDW? Seems to me you're a CM there somewhere, not an Imagineer, am I correct? If that is indeed correct, statements like -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    We're kinda... careful about photos being posted about new projects.
    ...are kinda ingenuous, aren't they? Seems as if you're trying to hint that you're higher up in the food chain than you really are. Of course, I totally condemn the attack from akldge - completely unnecessary. But behind the attack there might be some substance. Can you clarify?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...er#post1620623

You might notice that MiceChatters have known about the stairways for months.
    -Bill

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Bill, I should know this by now, but what do you do at WDW? Seems to me you're a CM there somewhere, not an Imagineer, am I correct? If that is indeed correct, statements like -

...are kinda ingenuous, aren't they? Seems as if you're trying to hint that you're higher up in the food chain than you really are. Of course, I totally condemn the attack from akldge - completely unnecessary. But behind the attack there might be some substance. Can you clarify?
    You're correct to an extent... but one can have more then one job, even in the same company. I'll PM you so you understand.
    -Bill

• On the Olentangy

You're correct to an extent... but one can have more then one job, even in the same company. I'll PM you so you understand.
    So just for clarification, you work as a tour guide during the day and in Imagineering at night? For some reason that just doesn't sound realistic.

I work with engineers everyday at work and none of them have second jobs.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

As unrealistic as it sounds... it's something like that. Not quite what you think though. But I have multiple jobs... and Disney Related they are. And who said WDI is just engineers? I'm pretty sure they're in charge of creative entertainment now as well as many other things.

I know who you are on WDWmagic just FYI, and I am following the thread... I find the things they're saying about me very humorous!!! You can tell them that I didn't mean for this to start a forum war or whatever they're calling it. I enjoy reading WDWmagic, and I do read the site... but that's not where I get my info. If that's too hard for you to believe, then so be it. But it's true. Tell them I mean no harm, and I'm sorry if I lashed out at them, I sound much more harsh online then I do in person.

And the photo, it was a leaked photo, honestly, what did mousemerf expect? Honestly, I don't get why the reservations center gets all this stuff anyhow.
    -Bill

• On the Olentangy

If WDWmagic has all the news first, how come I've heard nothing from them about new 3 dimensional audio in the stretch rooms? How come I've heard nothing from them about the noise and sound flying bats in the mansion? How come I've heard nothing about a new queue? How come I've heard nothing about the placement of the shadows and footprints going to the stairs at the beginning of the ride?

It may not get posted on MC first for all to see, but it originates here.
    Perhaps you have never looked in the correct places?

I just find it a little childish to get into message board wars over things such as this. There are people in the know on all of the sites, sometimes different people hear things before others do and vice versa.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Oh, I didn't intend to start a war... read my post above, I edited it and added a note to you and your WDWmagic friends.
    -Bill

Welcome to MiceChat jmvd20.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

^ amen to that.
    The more the merrier!

Welcome!

And please don't hate me just because of the way I sound. I get that a lot.
    -Bill

• On the Olentangy

I know who you are on WDWmagic just FYI, and I am following the thread... I find the things they're saying about me very humorous!!! You can tell them that I didn't mean for this to start a forum war or whatever they're calling it. I enjoy reading WDWmagic, and I do read the site... but that's not where I get my info. If that's too hard for you to believe, then so be it. But it's true. Tell them I mean no harm, and I'm sorry if I lashed out at them, I sound much more harsh online then I do in person.

And the photo, it was a leaked photo, honestly, what did mousemerf expect? Honestly, I don't get why the reservations center gets all this stuff anyhow.
    Darn my cover has been blown already... maybe I should have used a different username

I do however come in peace

I have been reading the forums here for a while and have indeed gained some very good information from the fine members here. I have found that information on future projects at WDW comes from all of the sites, a leak here and there and then the bigger picture starts to emerge. Seems to me as if there are numerous knowledgeable people no matter what site you choose to belong to. To me it really doesn't matter who posted what first, I just enjoy talking about WDW while I can't be there.

Bill,

I'd like to point out two things. First, your comment about the mirror and the effect's likeness to the Jellyfish in The Seas with Nemo and Friends was interesting. It was interesting because I've only seen that reference, with regards to the Mansion refurb, once before (here or elsewhere), and it was a few days ago on WDWMagic. What's more, it wasn't even posted by an insider. It was a regular forum member speculating, and you've plagiarized it nearly word for word. That's pretty dishonest, and calls your claim of being part of WDI into question.

The second point is that you're posting on a public forum, with a picture of yourself nonetheless, information that other's (like the people actually working on HM) are under a non-disclosure agreement to discuss. Further, per the terms of the NDA, they can't even *say* they've signed an NDA. I doubt anyone would so easily jeopardize their position with such a prestigious organization by posting information subject to such an agreement.

So what's more likely? You work for WDI, and are damning the consequences if you're fired over this, or you're being dishonest. Occam's razor leads me to believe the latter.

-Fyn

• Wassabi!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmvd20 View Post
    I do however come in peace

I have been reading the forums here for a while and have indeed gained some very good information from the fine members here. I have found that information on future projects at WDW comes from all of the sites, a leak here and there and then the bigger picture starts to emerge. Seems to me as if there are numerous knowledgeable people no matter what site you choose to belong to. To me it really doesn't matter who posted what first, I just enjoy talking about WDW while I can't be there.
    Very well stated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo Sushi View Post
    Very well stated!!!
    Agreed!
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

• Disney Memory Maker

Can we please get back on topic? Notice that the title of this thread isn't Lets-talk-about-Bill (no offense Bill )..... it isn't lets-start-a-forum-war-as-to-who-got-the-information-first. This thread is to talk about the changes coming at the Haunted Mansion and the information/rumors we have so far.... nothing else.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast