• keep moving forward...

good idea? bad idea?

i was just wondering about this... on our next disney world vacation my mother wants to take a very old but very lively lady on our trip (shes 94 and she still has a lust for life) this person has never been to the parks and her children have neglected to take her (even thogh they live in central florida)

this could be a very fun trip, we all feel that this person deserves it and if we do take her we might even arrange a meeting with "the disney chip and dales (she has always had her heart set on visiting the real chip and dales one day so we might arrange it as a joke)

the problem is we have a feeling that her children will get mad... what do you guys think?

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    screw 'em!!!

if this is something she wants to do & has asked her kids to take her and they refuse...just do it!! i guess you could check with them to make sure they don't have something planned for her as a surprise, but if they've already said they aren't taking her i don't see anything wrong with it! we only live once & it would be a shame if she couldn't go if it's something she really wants to do!
    <o>

• keep moving forward...

keep in mind when posting your replys... the lady is 94 years old and she still
    1. dances
    2. heres todays music and knows the words
    3. never complains about how good we "youngins" have it today
    4. has never ... ever been to a disney park

• Minion

Hard to answer that question without knowing more...
    What's your relationship with this woman? I mean, how do you know her? Is she a family friend? Relative of yours?

Also, why would you think her kids would object?

• Gay Man

If you worry about everyone getting mad, you will never do anything. Ask her if she would like to go. It's her decision to make.

Re: good idea? bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    If you worry about everyone getting mad, you will never do anything. Ask her if she would like to go. It's her decision to make.
    Bingo! Let her decide and if she says yes take her. Who cares about her kids.

• keep moving forward...

she is a freind of the family and her children have never taken her because she lives in connecticut and they only really see her once a year... they do not have a lot of time to do things and they do not keep in touch with her often

• Self Congratulative

This is by far the wierdest thread ever!

She's just aged, not a disfigured monster or anything. People who think that bringing someone to enjoy the park who is "older" or that might be a burdon on them is thinking selfishly and doesn't deserve to be at Disney in the first place. Walt designed Disneyland for people of all ages to share in the fun together.

Who cares if her children get mad, the world isn't set to please them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    she is a freind of the family and her children have never taken her because she lives in connecticut and they only really see her once a year... they do not have a lot of time to do things and they do not keep in touch with her often
    OK, this just became a total no-brainer: GO FOR IT! You have a wonderful opportunity to do something really special for a very special person. I'm willing to bet that you, and the rest of your family, get as much out of her being there as she does being there. Far as her kids go, well, if they don't have time, or can't make the time to do this, then that's their tough luck! Besides, after being around for 94 years, this lady has more than paid her dues and is perfectly capable of making her own decisions!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Defintely invite her! It sounds like a wonderful idea, I hope she accepts. I bet you will have one of your best trips EVER!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ