Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Post A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Well, if you're heading to WDW, I'd def. be at Epcot from Sept. 28th through Oct. 1st. Good ol' Jim has some nice surprises in store for you to celebrate the 25th. And it's also the opening of the Food and Wine festival, as well as the opening of the new Canada film.

    Also, the National Treasures exhibit over at the American Adventure will open too, so please, get over there, take a look at it, and make some comments to Guest Relations on how good it looks. (if you like it of course) You have no idea how hard it was to get that exhibit approved. And positive comments would make some certain people in Epcot Management and some Imagineers very happy.
    -Bill

  2. #2

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    I'm staying onsite at that time (I mean, I live here too - but I'm looking forward to anything going on that weekend!)
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  3. #3

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Also, the National Treasures exhibit over at the American Adventure will open too, so please, get over there, take a look at it, and make some comments to Guest Relations on how good it looks. (if you like it of course) You have no idea how hard it was to get that exhibit approved. And positive comments would make some certain people in Epcot Management and some Imagineers very happy.
    I need some enlightenment on this please....I must have missed any other threads about it. What exactly is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  4. #4

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chicago Suburb
    Posts
    30

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    I'll be down there from 9/29-10/7 and quite excited to be in Epcot on the first. Can't wait.

  5. #5

    • Why can't you tune a fish
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NE New Jersey - Yeah thats the place
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well, if you're heading to WDW, I'd def. be at Epcot from Sept. 28th through Oct. 1st. Good ol' Jim has some nice surprises in store for you to celebrate the 25th. And it's also the opening of the Food and Wine festival, as well as the opening of the new Canada film.

    Also, the National Treasures exhibit over at the American Adventure will open too, so please, get over there, take a look at it, and make some comments to Guest Relations on how good it looks. (if you like it of course) You have no idea how hard it was to get that exhibit approved. And positive comments would make some certain people in Epcot Management and some Imagineers very happy.

    For once luck is with me: Arrive on Sep 28, leave on Oct 3

    -dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

  6. #6

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Most excellent... perhaps I'll see some of you there!
    -Bill

  7. #7

    • Jambo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Harambe
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    I'm always there for the opening of the Food and Wine festival...
    Any other things going on at the time is as they say, "Just icing on the cake".


  8. #8

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    A 25th Anniversary Cake?! lol
    -Bill

  9. #9

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Ahh.... F&W that's always enjoyable.




    And please Disney, no cake.

  10. #10

    • Jambo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Harambe
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    A 25th Anniversary Cake?! lol
    Oh, now I'm having flashbacks of the Cinderella Castle Cake... Maybe they took down the wand just to make it a giant cake. *Shudder*


  11. #11

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I need some enlightenment on this please....I must have missed any other threads about it. What exactly is it?
    Do I need to say "p-p-p-please!!!" Seriously, what is the National Treasures exhibit and where is it being fit into the American pavillion? Bill? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grafton, WI
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Oh, now I'm having flashbacks of the Cinderella Castle Cake... Maybe they took down the wand just to make it a giant cake. *Shudder*
    Or maybe they're taking the wand down to make SSE look like a giant cake. A huge coconut covered donut hole maybe?

  13. #13

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    National Treasures is based upon real national treasures. Items are coming in from everywhere for the exhibit, like hats from Lincoln, pens from Mark Twain, etc. It's a neat exhibit that will be replacing the current exhibit in the American Adventure lobby.
    -Bill

  14. #14

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    National Treasures is based upon real national treasures. Items are coming in from everywhere for the exhibit, like hats from Lincoln, pens from Mark Twain, etc. It's a neat exhibit that will be replacing the current exhibit in the American Adventure lobby.
    Very cool! Thanks, Bill! I love this kind of stuff, always have. I love items with historical backgrounds. Drove all the way down to St Petersburg when they had the first ever Titanic exhibit in town. Would love to go to the Smithsonian one day too. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the movie since it was a Disney production but glad to see it is real historical items. I will definitely be checking this out. When will it be available to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  15. #15

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: A fun weekend to be at Epcot...

    Officially not until Oct. 1st now... but a little bird told me it might soft open as early as the 24th.
    -Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] HELP- going to hollywood studios and epcot this weekend for 1st time!
    By saphron37 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
  2. [News] "Deadliest Catch" stars at Epcot this weekend
    By Peabody in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 06:06 AM
  3. [Trip Report] Disney's EPCOT Teddy Bear and Doll Weekend - 20th Celebration - OVER 100 PHOTOS!!!
    By John Dean in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 07:38 PM
  4. Characters in Bloom Weekend at Epcot?
    By EvilQueenRocks in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
  5. Tell me about.....Epcot.
    By Stitchy in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •