• Senior Minion

Insider Information

Anybody got any general tips or 'cheats' for WDW that don't really fit into another thread?

I have one - if you (or your children) are keen to meet as many characters as possible and don't want to be too pushy (and believe it or not, there are some pushy people visiting WDW!), there is a simple and effective way to get the characters to come to you.
    Simply buy and then wear a pair of the over-sized Mickey gloves that are available in some of the park shops (white, four fingers, three black stripes down the back). When my son did this it made him into a positive character magnet - especially with the likes of Mickey, Minnie and Goofy who wear the same gloves.
    Give it a go!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• horsin' around!

Re: Insider Information

awww! i want pictures!

• Senior Minion

Love to oblige PW, but can't work out how to post a pic!
    Last edited by nathan detroit; 07-27-2007 at 03:06 PM.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Love to oblige PW, but can't work out how to post a pic!
    if u use photobucket, upload the pic, then copy the URL.
    paste the URL on the picture icon and just post

As for tips: i have a few, but they are not that significant, but good for when you are at the park and want to beat the tourists to tomorrowland.

There is a 'secret' (meaning not well known) pathway to tomorrowland. Once when i used it right when the park open, there were 10 people who used the path as opposed to 100 people on the official pathway leading to tomorrowland. Anyways, here is a picture of it:

EDIT: i have more

The best place to see the fireworks at MK: if you want a goos view of WISHES w/o everyone else in your way then i would suggest, if you want to see the fireworkd from inside MK, libery square, near the wooden trap things that they put mean people in, but outside of the park, the best view can come from the polynesian. They have speakers hooked up so you can hear the Wishes music also, and its nice to see the fireworks on the beach (get there early so you can get a hammock though )

At EPCOT: the china pavillion, or, there are a few seats at the restaurant outside in the mexico pavillion that have great seats for IllumiNations

And i do FASTpass like this: Go to, for instance, Space mountain, get your fastpasses, then head over to SM and BTM (at the park's opening of course) and ride these with like a 20 minute wait. after an hour (or however long the fastpass time is) go back to Space and ride it on your FASTpass, and look at that! you just rode the major rides in less than an hour! same for epcot, get them for TestTrack, ride soarin (maybe up to three times ) then head back and get on test track (and yea, at about 10 oclock the lines start building up) there not really anything at MGM now that RnR is under refurb, to ToT is the only major ride you may need a fastpass for. But EE and Kali and another set of rides to do with pastpass.

hope that was enough info for you
    Last edited by evanescence4ever; 07-27-2007 at 06:04 PM.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz View Post
    awww! i want pictures!
    Voila! (Although this was taken on a spring trip to DLRP - hence the winter coat!)

WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• TheDisneyMagic

That is such a great idea, thanks for sharing I am going to try this out on our next trip.

• I was deleted.

That picture is simply adorable!

• Wassabi!!!!!

Very very cute pic!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Liberace Goofy!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Anybody got any general tips or 'cheats' for WDW that don't really fit into another thread?
    Hold "ALT" and "ENTER" and press "DZNE71" (or you can also try "Triangle-Circle-Circle-Square-Triangle-Circle-Triangle-Square" and follow that by pressing the start button 3 times). See what happens.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Hold "ALT" and "ENTER" and press "DZNE71" (or you can also try "Triangle-Circle-Circle-Square-Triangle-Circle-Triangle-Square" and follow that by pressing the start button 3 times). See what happens.
    I think you mean up up, down down, left right, left right, B A, B A, Select, Start.

Old Konami code.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

You're all wrong, just rename a guest Chris Sawyer, and he'll take pictures of the park.
    -Bill

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You're all wrong, just rename a guest Chris Sawyer, and he'll take pictures of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I think you mean up up, down down, left right, left right, B A, B A, Select, Start.

Old Konami code.
    Now of course, if you really want a fun one.... once you complete all the parks.... you get to do it again as Luigi.

Going back to the real question, go down the Kanagroo path in Animal Kingdom. No one goes down there and besides the fact that it gives you the best look of the Tree of Life, a beautiful waterfall/cave and of course the Kangaroos & other animals along it.... it is just fun. It leads from the ITtbaB FastPass area to the tattoo cart next to the Giraffe holding the "Africa" sign.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Which used to be the queue for "it's tough to be a bug." Not the secret pathway though unfortunately, I miss that one. It was between Asia and Africa.
    -Bill