• Minion

Picture of Treasure Room in WDW POTC Pre-Sparrow.

Anybody have a picture of the treasure room in the WDW POTC before Sparrow took over the room? Thanks.

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Picture of Treasure Room in WDW POTC Pre-Sparrow.

There's a few here (Google image search for Pirates of the Caribbean Treasure Room)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Partner Site

I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean treasure room much better before the refurbishment. It was much brighter and therefore easier to see. They took out at least three or four animatronics and only replaced them with the Jack Sparrow one. And having the drunken pirate sitting on the pile of gold and the captured guards in the background made the scene look more relastic and action packed.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• Wassabi!!!!!

I agree that the treasure room scene was too overdone. Its the only scene in the whole ride that Jack Sparrow is now the focus. In all the other scenes, he is in the background. I wish they would have incorporated him into the scene instead of making him the primary focus. They very easily could have had him taking some of the treasure, laughing at the guards in the background, while the pirates in the front continue with their festivities, or having a conversation about where Sparrow was....

• Disney Memory Maker

I think the main thing is that unlike the other scenes where he is in visible distance for quite a few minutes, you only see that final room for the 5 or so seconds it takes for the ride to start moving your boat to the unload area. So even though he is the prominent figure in that scene, it is essentially the same as having him be a background character.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Wassabi!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    I think the main thing is that unlike the other scenes where he is in visible distance for quite a few minutes, you only see that final room for the 5 or so seconds it takes for the ride to start moving your boat to the unload area. So even though he is the prominent figure in that scene, it is essentially the same as having him be a background character.
    I would say thats probably the case during non peak times. Most of the times I have rode the WDW version, unload gets backed up two or three boats and you get a good long look at that room.