Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

WDW - Epcot - 7/27/07 - Photos/Video

One last minute decision and two happy girls later we all piled into the car for a day trip to Epcot.

If you would like to see all the photos I took that day, please visit the link HERE.

Upon our arrival we did our traditional greeting..

Summer's Tip of the Month! Take a photo of the aisle you parked your car, this way you'll never forget where you parked!

This picture made me happier than I've been in months. I'm sure you've seen it but just for some happy goodness..

Soarin was first on our minds, with a race to the Fast Pass machine. Yay! Return time of 5:00pm??!!!

Anyone ever really looked at the ceiling? It's amazing what you see when your waiting in line.

Living With the Land is where we headed next.

Coffee, Hmm, not your Starbucks!

Are we supposed to be this close the boat in front of us?

The poor flowers, they are all withered and droopy from the humidity.

As it was the girls day, I said next we could do Journey Into Imagination or Nemo. You can see what they chose first.

I smell a skunk!

Why does this photo make me miss the original? Anyone know if this last scene of this ride was in it?

Music Time!

Thought we would stop by to see Figment but it seems he was out to lunch.

Water Fountain Fun!

As we headed over to Nemo, the monorail stopped just long enough for me to snap the YOAMD graffiti.

This is for my friend Yoyo, because he got this stuck in my head the other day.
    [googlevideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6865329529543782938&hl=en[/googlevideo]

Shameless plug...my babies..

Anna requested Mission:Space next, apparently Christina had never been on this ride before, which of course needed to be remedied immediately.

But before we lift off, they girls wanted to see if they could move a planet. Not quite enough..

Ride Time!

They approve!

Mmm Icee's...it seems that the last few visits to Epcot we just HAVE to get Icee's.

The one ride we never did go on that day and they never let me forget it either.

I received a request for Belle, so off to World Showcase we went, by way of Canada.

Oh look, it's the UK! No, not really...

Bonjour!!

Look who we found! They just happen to be standing next to the street. *Stuffs away her character times guide*

It was then on the way to Impressions that I was asked to have a seat in a chair. Little did I know we had prime seating for the show, you'll excuse the camera movement in the beginning, that was when I had to get up. Christina also makes a cameo.

Next we saw Impressions, this was actually the first time I had seen the show. I was amazingly impressed, the movie was simply breathtaking, France is such a beautiful country and the castles...*sighs* I definitely want to visit there someday.

Who wants a baguette?! hehe

Since we had a little time we headed over to Morocco to see if Aladdin and Jasmine were available. Seemed to have missed them by ...this... much. hehe

So we caught the boat as it was time to use our FastPasses. The girls insisted on sitting in the back, I wanted some AC!!

Cut through the Communicore Buidling, check out the new carpet.

Aren't they supposed to change these? Isn't this from the Flower and Garden Festival?

It was at this point my batteries died in my camera, silly me forgot to pack my extra rechargables and I wasn't about to buy some.

We rode Soarin, Anna completely fell in love with it and asked to ride it again. 90 minute wait time? Ok, I want to see the new queue anyway.

I like the new queue, the games are fun, it's really interactive with everyone and it kind of gives you a work out. (Like you need one after all the walking) BUT! and I mean a big but, this is my only complaint this trip..

Soarin shouldn't have a Fast Pass, now let me explain. With the new queue set up they have everyone grouped together in groups of around, 30 roughly. Since Fast Pass HAS to get priority (btw we had a 40 minute wait time using the FP) they only took 1 group about every 15 minutes or so. Well when you have a couple hundred people waiting in line that tends to add up. Hence the 90 minute wait time. The problem with the new queue is they are taking "people herding" to a new level. You move up, in your groups to the next screen and you can play but in order to do one of the games, you must have the collective efforts of everyone in your group leaning in one direction or the other. That's fine if everyone cooperates but we are talking about tourists here, that isn't going to happen, especially when people are tired and don't want to stand in line all day. So the games are great, we are distracted but I can't help but think that the time has increased because of this "supposed" benefit to the standby line.

I would also like to note there were a group of 3 women standing at the CM entrance taking the stacks of Fast Passes when enough were received. They had little computers and kept taking notes every few minutes. I did however look at them and go, "Can we provide input? Can you please remove Fast Pass from this line? It seems to do more hurt than good." One of the ladies laughed, the other two blew me off like I was invisible or thought they should be. Whatever..

I apologize for the book, all in all we had a wonderful day, was short and sweet but we always have a great time.

Ciao!
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 07-28-2007 at 08:07 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: WDW - Epcot - 7/27/07 - Photos/Video

In the Big Blue World, We're gonna go explore....

Great report Summer! Can't wait to see the song in person, and to see you again!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    oh. i knew there was a trick to it! i have been taking the tram guide's advice and writing it on my brother's forehead after he puts sunblock on! oops
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    oh. i knew there was a trick to it! i have been taking the tram guide's advice and writing it on my brother's forehead after he puts sunblock on! oops
    I learned the picture trick when I went to California. Away from my car for a week in JFK airport? Yeah, I took a picture.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Great TR summer!
    Makes me miss Epcot so much!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Great TR as usual!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Aww Summer!!! I really wish I could have gone! Not just to get my Dining Card back too!!! lol

Imagine, we could have sung the Big Blue World song all day long!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA.
    -Bill

• May the F=ma be with you

Very nice Summer.
    I never really take pictures of the lot since I tend to retain that bit of information for a few hours. However, next trip, I shall take some so I can remember where we parked for years to come. It may actually be a historical artifact if they decide to change the names of the lots again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Can't get enough!

love the pics...your girls are adorable!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Purple Crates ♥

Great report summer!

You have beautiful girls!

Love the pictures and trip report! I especially love your traditional WDW greeting, I do something similar when I enter the world myself

Glad to see you guys had a fantastic time!!

• One big touch screen.....

Living With the Land is where we headed next.

Coffee, Hmm, not your Starbucks!

Are we supposed to be this close the boat in front of us?
    In a "why on Earth haven't I done that before" moment a couple of weeks ago I rode Living With The Land for the first time.

The "why on Earth haven't I done that before moment" quickly turned into a "very pleasantly surprised" moment. All the classic EPCOT-Y goodness.................... in greenhouses with Star-Wars-esque doors!

Love the videos too Summer!

Last edited by EPCOT; 07-29-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by SummerinFL View Post
    Next we saw Impressions, this was actually the first time I had seen the show. I was amazingly impressed, the movie was simply breathtaking.
    Wow, I'm really surprised that you had never seen this show before!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Wow, I'm really surprised that you had never seen this show before!
    I know, it's sad really. I never realized how many things I have missed until I started posting on Mice Chat. Now I squeeze them in whenever I can, I have a running list of attractions/shows and dining places on an Excel spreadsheet (Yes, I'm a dork. LOL)

Just this month I ate at Ohana for the first time, rode Mission:Space (for the second time) and checked out Circlevision in China.

Next Epcot visit I am going to check out the Canada movie and do the Behind the Seeds Tour.

• Yes?

*Stuffs away her character times guide*

What is this and where do I get my hands on one?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast